What's new

Teleport Kombat 11

What's odd to me is that it seems everyone but...baraka?....has a move that lets them attack diagonally from the air.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Honestly as scorpion, I was using his teleport as more of an easy and consistent whiff punish tool as opposed to just throwing it out randomly.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Scorpion's teleport was a high in MK9. High level players would d1 it on reaction. Yes... on reaction. Please reconsider. It needs to hit mid precisely because it's unsafe.
Theres nothing wrong with that. Teleports arent just there to do at random to catch players off guard, they're there to punish whiffed strings and projectiles. So you should be able to punish it on reaction if someone's doing YOLO teleports instead of being solid

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
It's not like these "Teleports" if you can call them that give advantage like a traditional Teleport.
MK9 Raiden was a perfect example of a solid teleport that turns the tides.
Scorpion has a teleport that gives advantage but it's high risk high reward.
Kabals Fatal Blow can't be considered a teleport.

Most of the teleports are very unsafe or don't offer advantage so there is no reason to complain about them.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Lol at the people who struggle with Scorp's teleporting. Unless he's hit confirming into it I offer the secret solution to all your Scorpion woes... ready?... ok you might need to go to the config menu to look it up but.... BLOCK BUTTON. Really. It works. It's not back to block so his Teleport CAN'T cross-up. You can BLOCK it even on reaction and he is free for literal years. Mid means you can block it high or low. A proper Scorpion main knows better than to teleport recklessly. Sure we get antsy or momentarily stupid and do from time to time but not like some idiot who throws out a move from the undisputed champion of UNSAFE moves, lol. Just BLOCK guys.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Kabals Fatal Blow can't be considered a teleport.

Most of the teleports are very unsafe or don't offer advantage so there is no reason to complain about them.
But that is a teleport, anything that allows characters to move from point A to point B without traveling through it and get a chance of bumping into a projectile its called a teleport, so Kabal FB IS a teleport, one he has once per game, but STILL a teleport.

I'm starting to think, the amount of projectiles freaked the hell out of NRS since people were so vocal about it, and to fix that they gave a majority of the cast a teleport of some sort.

Lun

proud TERF!
Yeah, I too wonder if the matches will end up being a constant teleport spam. I hope NRS knows what they're doing.

i feel bad for the zoning characters. They took away their pressure and gave them great zoning tools only to give everyone a teleport lol.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah, I too wonder if the matches will end up being a constant teleport spam. I hope NRS knows what they're doing.
Not with the way NRS intends the game to play.

While, yes, the emphasis on aggressive play is much less prominent compared to MKX, you can tell they're taking many notes from both that game and I2. The abundance of teleports seems to be a design choice rooted behind the changes to movement as a whole. Because run is absent, and dashes aren't quite as good as NRS's other games (even with the improvements from early builds), there was definitely a ton of room for keepaway to emerge as too centralizing.

While the teleports will likely not be end-all options, the amount that exists (along with general anti-zone options such as absorbs, parries, and reclects) definitely serve as deterrents to always playing the full screen game, since from that range, projectiles are generally easier to react to. All of the teleports, so far, have been shown to be really risky to just throw out, so they'll have their place for sure.

I'm not too worried about them. The abundance of anti-zone options, along with the general theme of long-range normals and great walkspeeds, seems to give off the idea that the devs want the game to definitely be played a bit closer to traditional neutral-heavy gameplay, without compromising what makes MK what it is.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
I hate combos, having to learn them, remembering all those buttons. I prefer zoning. It brings me joy to throw beams and bombard people with blasts. If someone teleports near me, I'll just teleport away. And spit a death ray from space.