What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Unlimited tier list

The first real Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Unlimited tier list. It comes from the opinions of top level Japanese players such as Fukushi, Yuu and others.
  • S – Devil Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi
  • A – Nina, Feng, Steve, Bob
  • B – Lars, Leo, Jinpachi, Armor King, Jack-6, Bryan, Hwoarang, Dragunov, Lee
  • C – Marduk, Jaycee, Bruce, Lei, Ganryu
  • D – “the rest”
  • Uncertain – Ling, Miguel, Paul
A new issue of Arcadia Magazine was recently released and it gives some info regarding tier lists from a top player standpoint as well as some official damage listings.
more after the jump…

Every so often, tekkenbbs of japan has discussion on who are the good and not so good characters in the newest Tekken games, however usernames are not required, so the information can sometimes be skewed by popular opinion. However, this month’s Arcadia gives some better insight since it comes from the opinions of top level Japanese players such as fukushi, yuu and others. The current Japan tier list is as follows:

S – Devil Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi
A – Nina, Feng, Steve, Bob
B – Lars, Leo, Jinpachi, Armor King, Jack6, Bryan, Hwoarang, Dragunov, Lee
C – Marduk, Jaycee, Bruce, Lei, Ganryu
D – “the rest”
uncertain – Ling, Miguel, Paul

Tier lists are somewhat interesting, but there will be a lot of changes once the game hits console since there will be the inclusion of at least 7 more playable characters. Even though this list is from Arcadia, it is still very early in the game’s life and characters are bound to rise / fall as time passes.
~~~

People who have been keeping up with our website may have read the recent posting on the damages in TTT2: Unlimited. This has now been corrected by the official confirmation from the Arcadia Magazine.

Tekken games lifebar damage:
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion [console] – 180 points
Tekken Tag 2 – 180 points [per character]
Tekken Tag 2: Unlimited – 165 points [per character] for teams, 230 points for Solo mode.

My guess is that Namco decided to reduce the lifebars to reduce the number of time-outs. My personal opinion is that the damage and lifebars were perfect with the vanilla TTT2 version. Haven’t play Unlimited, so I cannot judge it much until actually playing it, but in any case, a new Tekken game is very much welcomed.

http://www.levelupyourgame.com/2012/04/29/ttt2-unlimited-tiers-and-damages-from-arcadia/

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Mishimas are usually no worse than high mid tier in Tekken, but few players use them, especially in the US, because of the execution involved. I hope the game is balanced and we have strong characters aside from the Mishimas.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Now we got Tekken falling back on poster boy syndrome? Stay free 3D fighters.

In all seriousness, is Ogre banned or is he part of "the rest"?

SZSR

Noob
Do they have any details whether or not this is based on possible team synergy vs. the individual character?

I'm kinda disappointed that none of my mains even register on the list.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Bruce down to C tier? Daaaaaaaaaamn. Oh well I will probably use Bruce and maybe Jun. Definitely Bruce. Dat muay thai

It looks like Human Ogre, Angel, and Kunimitsu might be coming to the console version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Artwork for all three characters were apparently found in the image section of Gamespot earlier today. The images don’t appear to be on the site anymore, though you can still access them if you have a direct link. It wouldn’t be the first time an accidental leak like this has happened on Gamespot, so hopefully we receive an official confirmation in the near future.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/05/18/rumor-tekken-tag-tournament-2-artwork-reveals-angel-ogre-and-kunimitsu/

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
yeah psyched for kunimitsu's return...

my team is lee/jun

gdf

Noob
When I get the game first thing I do is find out how to make Kunimitsu look normal again.

Another Lee? Nice.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I'm excited to see Nina in A tier. Did she gets some buffs? Or others got nerfed??

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

I feel like nobody here (generally speaking) knows the lack of importance of tier list in Tekken. The game has been out for awhile in arcade and its not filled with mishima and etc. Also the Mishimas are given more tools purposely because Harada felt that in the past games the players weren't being rewarded considering how difficult the characters were.

gdf

Noob
Good thing you said generally speaking, I get offended pretty darn quick.

Additionally, Does anyone here play Lili? I remember playing one person from this forum who utterly bodied me back in 09.

SZSR

Noob
I feel like nobody here (generally speaking) knows the lack of importance of tier list in Tekken. The game has been out for awhile in arcade and its not filled with mishima and etc. Also the Mishimas are given more tools purposely because Harada felt that in the past games the players weren't being rewarded considering how difficult the characters were.
I don't think anyone here is treating this like an end-all-be-all, these characters will always be in the top 8; I imagine they're simply looking at as an objective, "this set of characters have better tools" as you go down.

I'm severely over-simplifying it when I say "better" tools, but it's not that we'll see domination from the top of the tier list but rather if you spend the same amount of time practicing with Devil Jin that you do with Eddy(not a few days clearly but like several months), Devil Jin is more likely to elicit positive results, for having a better tool set.

Good thing you said generally speaking, I get offended pretty darn quick.

Additionally, Does anyone here play Lili? I remember playing one person from this forum who utterly bodied me back in 09.
I mained Lili in Tekken 5dr and 6

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I'm excited to see Nina in A tier. Did she gets some buffs? Or others got nerfed??
You never know. The Tekken developers are sometimes worse than Capcom and NRS combined as far as changing stuff that does not need to be changed. If any move is controversial at all, it gets patched instantly based on "popular opinion" (i.e., scrubs). That is why the series has become stale and generic.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Team Nina and Lars O_O I need to find my tekken 6, I hope I didn't sell it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk