What's new

Tekken 7 Season 4 Launch Trailer

DeftMonk

Noob
OK so the combo I showed off ws1+2 is not a natural combo. You can block during the spin stun so it's not as broken as I thought. Kind of like what ch f3 was in season 1. But at +14 is a legit mix up off it and will work if they don't block. Worth throwing out to test them though.
That would make more sense. Still you get a 50/50. Would be the only button in tekken 7 that gives 90 damage combo on nh but on ch just gives a kd lol.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
wow that video opened my eyes a bit to her possibilities as far as the 1+2 stance 1 into ff4 also unblockable wall splat setups. The ff4 being 9 frames is a bit crazy.
In a MK game it would be a bit crazy, but this isn't how it works in tekken. the move's startup it's 9f yes, but you can never do a 9f moves as punish since you can't buffer the whole move.
So execution wise it's just a 10f normal that it's -17 if blocked, you have to be that good to just frame it at 10f.

Her mother could fubuki at 8f, so she would usually punish -9, this Kuni cannot do that.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
OK so the combo I showed off ws1+2 is not a natural combo. You can block during the spin stun so it's not as broken as I thought. Kind of like what ch f3 was in season 1. But at +14 is a legit mix up off it and will work if they don't block. Worth throwing out to test them though.
i figured, i tried a bunch of times and i was starting to think my execution wasn't as good as i expected.

DeftMonk

Noob
In a MK game it would be a bit crazy, but this isn't how it works in tekken. the move's startup it's 9f yes, but you can never do a 9f moves as punish since you can't buffer the whole move.
So execution wise it's just a 10f normal that it's -17 if blocked, you have to be that good to just frame it at 10f.

Her mother could fubuki at 8f, so she would usually punish -9, this Kuni cannot do that.
Playing her the other day it seemed u could buffer that input. The qcf ones I am sure you could similar to giant swing. Either way regardless bro 10 frame whiff punish with great range that gives kd. Its a great move. I might be wrong about the ff4 but I was trying to hit confirm a ch b1 into that move and it seemed to allow for buffering. Any idea how many frames f3 adds before those attacks kick in at the earliest? Just curious.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Playing her the other day it seemed u could buffer that input. The qcf ones I am sure you could similar to giant swing. Either way regardless bro 10 frame whiff punish with great range that gives kd. Its a great move. I might be wrong about the ff4 but I was trying to hit confirm a ch b1 into that move and it seemed to allow for buffering. Any idea how many frames f3 adds before those attacks kick in at the earliest? Just curious.
CH B1 it's +12 on hit, fubuki is 9(10) frame executable, so you have a 2~3 frame window to link it.

No idea about set as i haven't tested that way yet.

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
CH B2 it's +12 on hit, fubuki is 9(10) frame executable, so you have a 2~3 frame window to link it.

No idea about set as i haven't tested that way yet.
Ya but you can feel wether or not a move is bufferable. Obviously you can't buffer wind god fist but you can giant swing. I might be wrong but it seemed you could buffer that. You are probably right tho ff input usually can't buffer. I can't play anymore because after I tried her out other day I went to bar and my phone was stolen (steam gaurd authenticator was in it). FML

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ya but you can feel wether or not a move is bufferable. Obviously you can't buffer wind god fist but you can giant swing. I might be wrong but it seemed you could buffer that. You are probably right tho ff input usually can't buffer. I can't play anymore because after I tried her out other day I went to bar and my phone was stolen (steam gaurd authenticator was in it). FML
life is a life sometimes

DeftMonk

Noob
Kuni seems to be noctusmitsu.
Yoshi got that oki tho. The new yoshi move is obviously meant to be used for 50/50 with his new changes to 11 but it also isnt bad in certain oki setups cuz you get a gauranteed cd 1. Yoshi looking pretty good now too.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I havent played yoshi in a long time. For some reason playinng kuni just makes me want to play yoshi lol. How has u guys matches gone so far? I see like 40% DJ atm. Also a lot of feng wei.
I was struggling at the beginning but now i understand her a lot better.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Played yesterday and 3 out of the 5 sets i played where from Japan and Korea. It says 4 bars and feels like it. It seems to only shudder on the intros and the games are really good.
Local games in my 1st set seemed to miss inputs which was weird but the 2nd local match was ok.