What's new

Tekken 7 Season 4 Launch Trailer

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
Well... I love Tekken, but the thing that makes Tekken last so long is because it’s a legacy game and over the past 20 years really haven’t made any significant changes to the gameplay or graphics. I can understand why people think Tekken is boring, because it kinda is. The game plays the exact same for 20+ years.

MK11 can be considered boring as well, but you can’t tell me that NRS hasn’t been experimenting with their games and constantly have been trying new things. In the end its just a case of preference. Some people like to see change in their FG’s, while others don’t because drastic changes could make or break the game. Dead or alive 6 being the prime example of that.

Tekken is like you take football and change the rules or add to them every 4-5 years. It's still the same game and hardly boring because you play other people.
MK is a different game every time a new one releases. The only things they have in common between versions is a block button, string-based combos and gore.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang kazuya new move is broken.
i13 ws , +14 on normal hit and you can combo an i14 electric and is does chdf2 pewgf damage. Knock down on ch for a free ff4 and its safe on block and tracks both sides.
Legit no need for twin pistons any more and his wave dash mixups you will never want to duck.
Pretty broke, will see what they will do with it.

I main Kuni and i have a nearly 2 days practice day, today i shall look a bit closer before i put any content with her online.

Also the netcode it's better than MK11, i think it's slightly more optimized.

DeftMonk

Noob

I main Kuni and i have a nearly 2 days practice day, today i shall look a bit closer before i put any content with her online.

How do you think of kuni? That combo naci linked is what 1 frame easier than the chdf2 pewgf? Still insanely hard. I doubt people will be landing that willy nilly.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara

I was watching your matches on yt. She looks kind of noctus like. Her wall carry looks od

DeftMonk

Noob
I was watching your matches on yt. She looks kind of noctus like. Her wall carry looks od
her poking game seems kinda dope too with that df1 string being easily hit confirmable great jab options etc. Not sure how weak she is to sidestep I guess we shall see.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
THat was just me having fun without labbing, i was awake for almost 2 days because i wanted to really try her out, imagine being inside of a server room to get a good cable connection just to play online and not having food for nearly 24H.

Yeah, it was worth it, but I'm never doing this again, when i came home i slept for almost 12H. But now I'm awake and have some of her tools down, have the combo routes down and now I'm just researching tech, so far so good, a lot to discover.

How do you think of kuni? That combo naci linked is what 1 frame easier than the chdf2 pewgf? Still insanely hard. I doubt people will be landing that willy nilly.
She is pretty good, not stupid like release Leroy and Fahk, she is strong and has a lot of identity.

A lot of ppl will say she looks like noctis because she can fire a Kunai and teleport from it, and she can also spam 22222 a bunch of times, but it's really not the case.

To understand Kuni, you have to be a legacy kuni main(which i am), everything she got, was a direct continuation of her mother the OG kunimitsu, in some areas she is a lot better with far more options, and others she is nerfed to be in equal with the rest of the characters.

For example
Her mom FC mix up was harder to pull off but she has a low launcher and a mid launcher under FC. This version of Kuni can only launch mostly with a mid, all lows are always a knockdown with a free follow-up except Kurama Itto(UF2) and Sasabi-barai (UF3+4,2) launching lows on counter hit. She has a to of FC mixups and different ways to access it too, but it's low reward now, but if they duck, oh boy.

OG kuni had a stance named Doton, which was a high crushing stance, this kuni doesn't have doton, but they have her a similar Stance in Katon, which she uses for the same purpose, besides she has a safe mid hit confirming launcher every time she disappears in Katon, a low that crushes while in air, a CH move to link fubuki and can transition into all previous Kunimitsu stances, from Katon she can go to Setsunagake, Urakarin on top of Katon mixups.

Musasabi used to be FF3, now it's U3+4, and she can still transition to MUS from SET by pressing 3+4. Her mother had to press 3 for it, but this Kuni has a CH slide on 3, while her mom could just do D3 for the slide but never from SET, it's a nice trade.

The Fubuki also got a redesing, old Kuni could Fubuki at 8F, this kuni can only do at 9F, meaning, old Kuni would punish you at -9, but this one punishes you at -10 only.
The good thing is, this Kuni Fubuki has an actual followup that bounds on floorbreak stages, wall splat for combos, and has a fubuki mechanic in KAT 1, which on CH you can link Fubuki or go for BT mixups (Yeah she has those)
The other Kuni could only link Fubiki from a CH B1, this one has at least 2 ways of doing that so far.

I could go on forever but basically, they improved a lot from OG kuni and gave this new Kuni a bunch of new ways to explore, adjusted moves here and there, gave her an actual throw mixup game, and her 1+2 throw doesn't just switch sides, she executes you on the spot, added new moves, replaced commands and removed quite a bunch of OG kuni stuff so she can have her own.

For example, This kuni doesn't have poison wind which was useless, and the old Katon (firebreath) move was also removed.
The old Kuni damage output was a lot higher from CH, this one has auto screws on some CH, but she has a bufferable 14F launcher, which is pretty good.

But essentially it's still the same character, just reworked with much better rewards, better mixup game, and a much bigger wall carry.

Expect OG Kuni to return in Tekken Tag 3, we will have a double Kunimitsu team lol

DeftMonk

Noob
THat was just me having fun without labbing, i was awake for almost 2 days because i wanted to really try her out, imagine being inside of a server room to get a good cable connection just to play online and not having food for nearly 24H.

Yeah, it was worth it, but I'm never doing this again, when i came home i slept for almost 12H. But now I'm awake and have some of her tools down, have the combo routes down and now I'm just researching tech, so far so good, a lot to discover.

She is pretty good, not stupid like release Leroy and Fahk, she is strong and has a lot of identity.

A lot of ppl will say she looks like noctis because she can fire a Kunai and teleport from it, and she can also spam 22222 a bunch of times, but it's really not the case.

To understand Kuni, you have to be a legacy kuni main(which i am), everything she got, was a direct continuation of her mother the OG kunimitsu, in some areas she is a lot better with far more options, and others she is nerfed to be in equal with the rest of the characters.

For example
Her mom FC mix up was harder to pull off but she has a low launcher and a mid launcher under FC. This version of Kuni can only launch mostly with a mid, all lows are always a knockdown with a free follow-up except Kurama Itto(UF2) and Sasabi-barai (UF3+4,2) launching lows on counter hit. She has a to of FC mixups and different ways to access it too, but it's low reward now, but if they duck, oh boy.

OG kuni had a stance named Doton, which was a high crushing stance, this kuni doesn't have doton, but they have her a similar Stance in Katon, which she uses for the same purpose, besides she has a safe mid hit confirming launcher every time she disappears in Katon, a low that crushes while in air, a CH move to link fubuki and can transition into all previous Kunimitsu stances, from Katon she can go to Setsunagake, Urakarin on top of Katon mixups.

Musasabi used to be FF3, now it's U3+4, and she can still transition to MUS from SET by pressing 3+4. Her mother had to press 3 for it, but this Kuni has a CH slide on 3, while her mom could just do D3 for the slide but never from SET, it's a nice trade.

The Fubuki also got a redesing, old Kuni could Fubuki at 8F, this kuni can only do at 9F, meaning, old Kuni would punish you at -9, but this one punishes you at -10 only.
The good thing is, this Kuni Fubuki has an actual followup that bounds on floorbreak stages, wall splat for combos, and has a fubuki mechanic in KAT 1, which on CH you can link Fubuki or go for BT mixups (Yeah she has those)
The other Kuni could only link Fubiki from a CH B1, this one has at least 2 ways of doing that so far.

I could go on forever but basically, they improved a lot from OG kuni and gave this new Kuni a bunch of new ways to explore, adjusted moves here and there, gave her an actual throw mixup game, and her 1+2 throw doesn't just switch sides, she executes you on the spot, added new moves, replaced commands and removed quite a bunch of OG kuni stuff so she can have her own.

For example, This kuni doesn't have poison wind which was useless, and the old Katon (firebreath) move was also removed.
The old Kuni damage output was a lot higher from CH, this one has auto screws on some CH, but she has a bufferable 14F launcher, which is pretty good.

But essentially it's still the same character, just reworked with much better rewards, better mixup game, and a much bigger wall carry.

Expect OG Kuni to return in Tekken Tag 3, we will have a double Kunimitsu team lol
I never played the tekken tag games just 5 6 and 7 so I am not familiar with her playstyle but after looking at her move list I just worry she is kind of under powered in the current meta. (obviously this is tekken and time will tell) 10 12 13 frame punishers seem ok, has nice df1 but the rest of her kit seems kinda wonky to me. Her 1+2 stance seems not very threatening at all and her back turn mixups rely on throws it seems. No safe mid counter hit launcher (altho df2 seems pretty good).

Obviously the season just came out but in the world of tekken where geese akuma fak leroy and a horde of other strong characters exist I dunno how she will fall into the meta. I really only play lei and feng who both got substantial buffs with season 4. Lei is really scary now imo and feng's new moves + the buff to his parry are gonna make him a lot stronger. That db3 ch is pretty gnarly + stuff like this
. Also feng can hit 100+ damage combos wall to wall now with that new string and his rage drive.

The lei stuff imo is a bit out of hand. Everyone wanted a 12 frame punisher that was good but now his 10 frame punish is really scary because it leads to possibility of snk d41. D41 leads to a 50/50 on hit and snake 2 also leads to a mixup since play dead can be cancelled early off of transitions to dragon and other dragon stuff. People will complain I promise lol. Also since with this new snake move you can lead to panther and get an easy full combo, transitioning to snake after df2 (no one really did this that much before) is ideal. Even tho you are minus 9 after blocked df2 you can buffer a swap to panther and sidestep a jab into panther mixup/whiff punish. Lei looking od atm honestly.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I never played the tekken tag games just 5 6 and 7 so I am not familiar with her playstyle but after looking at her move list I just worry she is kind of under powered in the current meta. (obviously this is tekken and time will tell) 10 12 13 frame punishers seem ok, has nice df1 but the rest of her kit seems kinda wonky to me. Her 1+2 stance seems not very threatening at all and her back turn mixups rely on throws it seems. No safe mid counter hit launcher (altho df2 seems pretty good).

Obviously the season just came out but in the world of tekken where geese akuma fak leroy and a horde of other strong characters exist I dunno how she will fall into the meta. I really only play lei and feng who both got substantial buffs with season 4. Lei is really scary now imo and feng's new moves + the buff to his parry are gonna make him a lot stronger. That db3 ch is pretty gnarly + stuff like this
. Also feng can hit 100+ damage combos wall to wall now with that new string and his rage drive.

The lei stuff imo is a bit out of hand. Everyone wanted a 12 frame punisher that was good but now his 10 frame punish is really scary because it leads to possibility of snk d41. D41 leads to a 50/50 on hit and snake 2 also leads to a mixup since play dead can be cancelled early off of transitions to dragon and other dragon stuff. People will complain I promise lol. Also since with this new snake move you can lead to panther and get an easy full combo, transitioning to snake after df2 (no one really did this that much before) is ideal. Even tho you are minus 9 after blocked df2 you can buffer a swap to panther and sidestep a jab into panther mixup/whiff punish. Lei looking od atm honestly.
Thanks for sharing this!

Feng is one of my mains and I was having a lot of fun with his new changes the other night. He seems to have improved greatly.

I'm going to try to stick to just a few characters this season with some Kuni mixed in. Ganryu, Feng, Paul, Kuni, most likely. Also really hoping the final character is either True Ogre or Jinpachi. Would love either.

Also....this season pass was only $13! Now THAT'S the kind of pricing I like. None of this $40 Aftermath bullshit for 3 characters.

DeftMonk

Noob
Thanks for sharing this!

Feng is one of my mains and I was having a lot of fun with his new changes the other night. He seems to have improved greatly.

I'm going to try to stick to just a few characters this season with some Kuni mixed in. Ganryu, Feng, Paul, Kuni, most likely. Also really hoping the final character is either True Ogre or Jinpachi. Would love either.

Also....this season pass was only $13! Now THAT'S the kind of pricing I like. None of this $40 Aftermath bullshit for 3 characters.
I am kinda surprised they didnt nerf that one move ganryu has bf1 or wtfever the back swing blow is. That shit is stupid. Hits u with it then u guess wrong and eat 70% damage combo with no rage. Fun.

John Grizzly

I am kinda surprised they didnt nerf that one move ganryu has bf1 or wtfever the back swing blow is. That shit is stupid. Hits u with it then u guess wrong and eat 70% damage combo with no rage. Fun.
Dude, I have NEVER connected that in a real game. But yeah, the damage is like around 100 or something....

BF1, 2,1,2, B2,1,2 S!, DF4,1,2 is the combo I use (if I could ever connect the fuckin' thing)

I must not be setting it up right.

DeftMonk

Noob
Dude, I have NEVER connected that in a real game. But yeah, the damage is like around 100 or something....

BF1, 2,1,2, B2,1,2 S!, DF4,1,2 is the combo I use (if I could ever connect the fuckin' thing)

I must not be setting it up right.
Just practice it a few times bro in practice its real easy. Record the dummy walkinn forward long enough so bf1 hits then just hold b. You can avoid it tho by duckign obviously. You are probably like me when I feel something is hard and i finally can do it in training when I go online I get all nervous and fumble about midway lolol. If I was ever able to pewgf after chdf2 consistently in training with kazuya for sure I would brain fart online and some how manage to do a dick jab after the df2 or some shit the first 10 times I tried it in a match.

Yo I am kinda in love with kunimitsu all of a sudden. This character is hella fun. She has the wonky ninja shit but she is really safe and great fundamental tools. Might honestly back seat lei and feng wei while I play her awhile. Also this cuz fuck akuma:
every character needs a df2 with that arc now that they added 2d characters lol. Eliza what? eat this anti air fool.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

i honestly think she is very solid, she doesn't need to be broken, this is really what ruined fahk and leroy.

Kuni so far doesn't seem OP, but she has some really dangerous stuff, her katon stance is very powerful, don't let that fool you, that stance kills.

Asuka is fucked as she cannot parry mos of her normals due the blades.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
oh wow I didnt even notice they changed jin's standing 4. That animation was pretty cool honestly kinda sad for Jin mains (obviously the damage nerf sucks too).
THe crumple stun was everything, they could just make a different anim that works on everyone but gives a B2 combo, going straight to screw from that move it's bonkers.

DeftMonk

Noob
THe crumple stun was everything, they could just make a different anim that works on everyone but gives a B2 combo, going straight to screw from that move it's bonkers.
Ya every balance patch is gonna have some questionable changes. This one is weird to me also from what I have noticed so far the DJ revert where you get steel pedal kick (I think is name?) after uf4 and the law change to 3+4 is needless. At first glance I thought they were changing 3+4 to differentiate it from the new move of last season so certain combos would use one or the other according to frames and ff43 would be the go to whiff punsih...Then I noticed the first hit of 3+4 is now like -14 so hit confirming off of a ws 4 is useless almost. Oof. Law's new move seems like trash to me and his rage drive still is crap. I guess he and Jin will be ok still but not sure why they got the shaft so to speak while leroy got a slap on the wrist and a new safe launcher.

John Grizzly

I can't explain how much fun Kunimitsu is in this game. I'm loving her so far. Problem is, there's soooo many characters I want to play, I don't even know what to do with myself.

JDCR thinks Kuni is very good, so we will see what pros do with her.

Her combos are absolutely boner-inducingly fun, as well. So fucking satisfying.

Suntory

Suntory
I'm loving the WIFI filter and new netcodeeeee!!
I'm rusty af because I stopped playing it online., but now, I have reason to get back into it.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I'm loving the WIFI filter and new netcodeeeee!!
I'm rusty af because I stopped playing it online., but now, I have reason to get back into it.
Its really good. I played a couple of WiFi warriors in player matches and even 5 bars stutter so just avoid matches with them.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
OK so the combo I showed off ws1+2 is not a natural combo. You can block during the spin stun so it's not as broken as I thought. Kind of like what ch f3 was in season 1. But at +14 is a legit mix up off it and will work if they don't block. Worth throwing out to test them though.