What's new

Tekken 7 Season 4 Launch Trailer

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Hm, only 2 characters this season? Could mean the end of Tekken 7, maybe a new Tekken coming for the next gen. I'm looking forward to Kunimitsu in a couple of days though!

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I'm really hoping the net code improvements are as good as Markman and Anikan were making out.

Kaz new move looks good. i13 ws safe mid knocks down in CH for a free ff4. +14 on normal hit.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
@Eddy Wang kazuya new move is broken.
i13 ws , +14 on normal hit and you can combo an i14 electric and is does chdf2 pewgf damage. Knock down on ch for a free ff4 and its safe on block and tracks both sides.
Legit no need for twin pistons any more and his wave dash mixups you will never want to duck.

Last edited:
So new some of the Paul stuff:
  • Mostly pushback decreased stuff on a few of his moves
  • 2,3 is safer at -9 now
  • f+1+4 pushes the opponent much further away on hit so deathfist will not work.
  • New move has about 20 frames startup
  • b+4 has the same stun as Dragunov counter hit d+2
  • SS 1 now gives deathfist on hit (Basically the high version of f+1+4)
  • ff+1+2 throw broken against the wall causes Pauls the fall faster from wall splat

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Do we know when exactly Kunimitsu is available for play? Is it at midnight sharp, or later into Tuesday?

DeftMonk

Noob
Ya this looks awesome not gonna lie. @Swindle go away with that shit bruh. If you need fireballs and fuck neutral moves to have fun this obviously just isn't for you.

@naci man bro that is gross. Kazuya going to be strong af now. I wouldn't mind it tho I am sure u caught the king of kazuya streams ryan hart was doing? That shit was hype af. 5000x better than evo japan with leroy mirrors lol. Is there a place where we can actually see the patch notes? lol wtf is this releasing massive balance patch along with new ranked season and no notes... All in all if there was an offline scene atm it seems like lots of characters would be seen at tournaments now which is super nice.

Last edited:

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Ya this looks awesome not gonna lie. @Swindle go away with that shit bruh. If you need fireballs and fuck neutral moves to have fun this obviously just isn't for you.

@naci man bro that is gross. Kazuya going to be strong af now. I wouldn't mind it tho I am sure u caught the king of kazuya streams ryan hart was doing? That shit was hype af. 5000x better than evo japan with leroy mirrors lol. Is there a place where we can actually see the patch notes? lol wtf is this releasing massive balance patch along with new ranked season and no notes... All in all if there was an offline scene atm it seems like lots of characters would be seen at tournaments now which is super nice.
Its crazy lol. Execution is kind of tight so to confirm hit out of wave dash might take a bit if time but as a ws punisher it is nasty.

The king of kazuya was sick. Pure tekken

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I ain’t wrong.
The game is fine. Been just fine for 20 years.
Just new paint.
Now it might just be playable online.
Yay.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I ain’t wrong.
The game is fine. Been just fine for 20 years.
Just new paint.
Now it might just be playable online.
Yay.
It's good that it's being refined instead of reinvented every game.

Here we are on the forums of one of the least consistent development teams in the history of competitive fighting games, who always dig themselves deep into shit for the first half a year if not full year of their game's life cycles and spend months of time slowly crawling out of it because they keep trying to reinvent the wheel.

Download the stuff here:
https://media-center.bandainamcoent.eu/games/tekken/tekken-7/TK7_Gamebalance_V400.zip

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
It's good that it's being refined instead of reinvented every game.

Here we are on the forums of one of the least consistent development teams in the history of competitive fighting games, who always dig themselves deep into shit for the first half a year if not full year of their game's life cycles and spend months of time slowly crawling out of it because they keep trying to reinvent the wheel.
Maybe there is a middle ground in there somewhere.
Because there is nothing worse than being boring...
And Tekken has been boring.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Do we know when exactly Kunimitsu is available for play? Is it at midnight sharp, or later into Tuesday?
If I had to guess, I would say that she will be released Tuesday afternoon when the PlayStation Store updates.

I only play Akuma because I'm a piece of shit. What did he get?
Double aerial fireball, I think.

So new some of the Paul stuff:
  • Mostly pushback decreased stuff on a few of his moves
  • 2,3 is safer at -9 now
  • f+1+4 pushes the opponent much further away on hit so deathfist will not work.
  • New move has about 20 frames startup
  • b+4 has the same stun as Dragunov counter hit d+2
  • SS 1 now gives deathfist on hit (Basically the high version of f+1+4)
  • ff+1+2 throw broken against the wall causes Pauls the fall faster from wall splat
Good summary.

He also does slightly less damage on qcb+4 and rage art. These changes affect combo damage output.

The biggest nerf is to f+1+4 because you can simply back roll to avoid follow ups. The biggest buff is to b+4.

But having a nerfed tool is better than having no tool at all, which I think fairly sums up the vast majority of these balance changes. Paul, for example, does less damage yet retains all of his tools while Lars does more damage and gains significantly better wall carry. These buffs fail to address Lars's weaknesses. Think Mortal Kombat 11 and NRS's worthless buffs to Shao Kahn. But we shall see, I guess.

Playing that game online is a treat just by virtue of being able to decline WIFI connection. I'm really torn right now to just quit MK11 because there I have to play through that shit.

DeftMonk

Noob
Man. I might have to start playing heihachi again. OTGF immediately goes to crouchinng status. If someone does jab jab you can otgf the second jab. This season is gonna be hype.

I just tried to purchase season 4 on steam and it said you already own this item you can't buy it... Then i logged in the game and everything was unlocked. Uh whut?

Last edited:
Good summary.

He also does slightly less damage on qcb+4 and rage art. These changes affect combo damage output.

The biggest nerf is to f+1+4 because you can simply back roll to avoid follow ups. The biggest buff is to b+4.

But having a nerfed tool is better than having no tool at all, which I think fairly sums up the vast majority of these balance changes. Paul, for example, does less damage yet retains all of his tools while Lars does more damage and gains significantly better wall carry. These buffs fail to address Lars's weaknesses. Think Mortal Kombat 11 and NRS's worthless buffs to Shao Kahn. But we shall see, I guess.
Yeah I forgot to add the damage changes to the moves

f+1+4 is definitely going to be used less but I dont think it is as useless as TTT2 and before just because of the wonky evasive properties, probably a wall splat setup or something.

I do agree with you about b+4 being the biggest buff, More range and +16 (I think) on counterhit.

Sway 1+2 seems like a small quality change but it means that it is going to crush a lot more things now.

Gotta say though that I miss the convenience of seeing "punish" on screen is something I miss from other fighting games like MK11, which allows you to learn matchups on the fly.

Tekken 7 has enough bullshit you can only find out in the lab already. I mean that feature is in practice mode, why not in online matches?

DeftMonk

Noob
Gotta say though that I miss the convenience of seeing "punish" on screen is something I miss from other fighting games like MK11, which allows you to learn matchups on the fly.

Tekken 7 has enough bullshit you can only find out in the lab already. I mean that feature is in practice mode, why not in online matches?
Typically if someone did something that looks punishable then u did a 12 frame punish or whatever and it hit I doubt he was hitting buttons. Tried some feng wei matches today shit was super fun. Lots of mileage out of his new stuff. FYI that new move he has you better duck the second hit otherwise even if its blocked you end up in a gnarly mixup situation. The only threat he has to keep you from duck punishing is the other option (m m m as opposed to m h) and the third hit of m m m doesn't natural combo.

Fak still seems a little too beastly tho. Hate that fool and ranked still full of them apparently.