What's new

Tekken 7 possibly leaked?

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
Gonna steal this from EventHubs because ain't nobody got time to make dey own OPs:

"Games in the Tekken series have a history of being developed specifically for arcade boards based on Playstation hardware, and according to a post on Japanese message boards, a new arcade board, called System 478 which may possibly be based on Playstation 4 hardware, is being made and will be appearing in arcades in the near future.

One of the titles listed as an exhibition title to demonstrate this new arcade board is Tekken 7, meaning that we may potentially see the latest numbered entry in the series very shortly. Tekken 6 was released in arcades back in 2007, so one might say that we are due for a new entry by now."

What I'd like to know is where the hell is TxSF?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I went to a NAMCO panel at Comic-Con and the first thing they said was "Dont ask about TxSF"

Dont hold your breath lol

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Hopefully they release arcade machines in America. I doubt they will but I would love to have a banipass and all of those stats recorded.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Gonna steal this from EventHubs because ain't nobody got time to make dey own OPs:

"Games in the Tekken series have a history of being developed specifically for arcade boards based on Playstation hardware, and according to a post on Japanese message boards, a new arcade board, called System 478 which may possibly be based on Playstation 4 hardware, is being made and will be appearing in arcades in the near future.

One of the titles listed as an exhibition title to demonstrate this new arcade board is Tekken 7, meaning that we may potentially see the latest numbered entry in the series very shortly. Tekken 6 was released in arcades back in 2007, so one might say that we are due for a new entry by now."

What I'd like to know is where the hell is TxSF?
Call me when soul calibur 6 drops :)

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
I want it to be drastically different from the previous couple of games. Drastically different.
I was talking to a friend about that yesterday, even though I still love the series Tekken bores the hell out of me now. They're gonna have to actually give us something new to keep my interest, hopefully TxSF will be just that.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
It'll probably have very close ties to the free tekken game they had out there.

invinc moves and flashier things. Who knows. Maybe they'll kill off all the fucking clones and just stick with a smaller set of playable characters.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
I was talking to a friend about that yesterday, even though I still love the series Tekken bores the hell out of me now. They're gonna have to actually give us something new to keep my interest, hopefully TxSF will be just that.
I just want tekken to be tekken. No dumb launchers with crush system. No 50 characters. No cutesy graphics. Make a mans game again lol.

Honestly, TxSF is the only thing that can save the franchise.

It's dying under the weight of it's massive roster, which is a problem only worsened by the fact every character has 100+ moves except for a few. It takes longer to learn a matchup than in other games, and there's more matchups to learn.

TxSF would essentially force it to make cuts to the roster to leave room for the Street Fighter characters.

They'd be force to actually try out new ideas- and the fans wouldn't complain about new ideas as much since it isn't part of the core franchise, just a spinoff.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Considering that Tekken Revolution is most certainly a testbed for Tekken 7, I expect it will play a lot like it. And honestly, I have no problem with that. TR is a nice break from what Tekken has been for a long time... still has the familiar elements but with some smart changes.

No more stupid bound. Less emphasis on oki - get the fight back to the neutral/spacing game as fast as possible. Invincible moves to help break pressure on a good read. These are all good things that will help bring newer players into the game by making it more accessible.

They should also probably/hopefully take out any clone characters and slim down the roster to something more manageable. I think Injustice-sized is good.

The throw-break system also needs to be changed. It's too freaking difficult to react to whether they grabbed you with their left/right arm.

It's one of those things you only get from playing the game for loooooong periods of time- makes me not want to play the game seriously since it isn't worth the hassle.

Skkra

The throw-break system also needs to be changed. It's too freaking difficult to react to whether they grabbed you with their left/right arm.

It's one of those things you only get from playing the game for loooooong periods of time- makes me not want to play the game seriously since it isn't worth the hassle.
I was going to say that the system should be changed to be HARDER to react to. I don't even have good reactions and I break 80% of throws... my friends who have GOOD reactions are more or less unthrowable.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I was going to say that the system should be changed to be HARDER to react to. I don't even have good reactions and I break 80% of throws... my friends who have GOOD reactions are more or less unthrowable.
But you kan open people up without throws... It's not like they have Aquaman's trait to prevent you from komboing them or something.

If they're waiting for a throw then that allows you to do other stuff.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Indeed. I think I am a fan of unreactable throws, just have to make sure the risk/reward for it isnt too good. Right now its considered too bad by most people I think. People mainly use throws to get out of the corner by it being teched it seems lol.

I think they should be harder too.

Right now, the issue is they are at the point were certain players can, and others cant depending on reaction time. It puts a massive arbitrary skill gap between players.

They need to be either universally reactible or not.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Indeed. I think I am a fan of unreactable throws, just have to make sure the risk/reward for it isnt too good. Right now its considered too bad by most people I think. People mainly use throws to get out of the corner by it being teched it seems lol.
Yep that's a legit strat.

Skkra

Agreed. I started seriously playing fighting games with Tekken, so when I first started getting into 2D games where throws are unreactable, I didn't like it. Now my opinion has completely reversed. I much prefer unreactable throws where you must anticipate.

The main problem I see is the current throw mechanic in Tekken is WAY too ingrained in the system to make that kind of change as is. The first step would definitely be to eliminate f+throw which extends the range... revert it to back to T3 style.

The other big problem is that in a game where there are 1, 2, and 1+2 breaks, how do you implement unreactable throws? Unless you remove that aspect from the game completely, you kinda cant. =\

I is not smarts enough to imaginate a fix.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I don't think the throw system has anything to do with people not playing this game.

I fucking LOVE Tekken and I think Tag 2 is the best fighter out there right now. Yes, there's a learning curve and the roster is massive, but god damn is it fun to play once you know what you're doing.

Personally, I thought Tekken Revolution was a tester for TxSF, which I do still think will come out. Just look at the way that Vampire broad plays. I think her projectiles were put in the game to see how they functioned in the 3D Tekken environment.

I don't want this franchise to die. I'd personally LOVE to see a Tekken X Street Fighter game. Jin/Ryu VS Paul/Ken? King/El Fuerte VS Marduk/Zangief? Lee/Vega VS Gouken/Jinpachi? I hated SFxT, but I'd play the SHIT out of a Tekken game that included Street Fighter characters.