What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

DeftMonk

Noob
I think Steve and Geese need to be toned down for season 3. If someone disagrees I'll list my reasons.
bro I don’t have geese so I can’t lab him. But his toolkit seems a bit out of hand unless there’s some glaring weakness I don’t know. Real rough time in ranked vs good geese.

Sorry bro, i really did.
btw, Chikurin won a tournament without losing a set, damn
No worries bro, I have not been on here much due to a lot of real world stuff. Hopefully if my hospital tests are good then I should be on here a lot more.

Also it looks like the patch notes are out for season 3, the pass looks like its going to be available on the 6th September.

Last edited:

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
The patch notes seem solid. There are some mistakes (Drag notations and frames). Kat df1 being -1 on hit is whack, although I am happy she got destroyed, her hopkick was obnoxious and she didn't deserve to have fF2,4 be a launcher.

Jin f4 nerf probably means he needs to go for the CDS cancel after f4 to get the combo. Kazuya will be getting a bunch of new combos and conversions with the new b2,1. Heihachi df1,2 block range fix probably means Kazuya gets to ws1,2 it now without having to neutral block the 2nd hit.

People tend to be overreacting as usual, saying shit like Bryan is S-tier now or that he is going to be used a lot in tournaments when all he got was justifiable quality of life changes really. D2 is still a trash poke in comparison to standing 3, df2 or f3 due to it's abysmal range, they just made it easier to confirm the CH because it's going to spark now due to 17 pt base damage, solid round ender though due to the -2 on block and a delayable follow up. 4,3 only does 27 damage, I've wanted it to be NC for a long time.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
The patch notes seem solid. There are some mistakes (Drag notations and frames). Kat df1 being -1 on hit is whack, although I am happy she got destroyed, her hopkick was obnoxious and she didn't deserve to have fF2,4 be a launcher.

Jin f4 nerf probably means he needs to go for the CDS cancel after f4 to get the combo. Kazuya will be getting a bunch of new combos and conversions with the new b2,1. Heihachi df1,2 block range fix probably means Kazuya gets to ws1,2 it now without having to neutral block the 2nd hit.

People tend to be overreacting as usual, saying shit like Bryan is S-tier now or that he is going to be used a lot in tournaments when all he got was justifiable quality of life changes really. D2 is still a trash poke in comparison to standing 3, df2 or f3 due to it's abysmal range, they just made it easier to confirm the CH because it's going to spark now due to 17 pt base damage, solid round ender though due to the -2 on block and a delayable follow up. 4,3 only does 27 damage, I've wanted it to be NC for a long time.
Did Eddy get buffed ?Question mark? He's been nerfed since entering this game.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Mind if you copy n paste those here pleeeeease? I can't view them here on my work computer

EDDY
CommandsChanges
【3,4】– Decreased the distance between the character and the opponent when the move hits.
f,2,3– New move.
f,4,3,3+4– Decreased the distance between the character and the opponent when the 3rd hit is blocked.
d/b,1+2– Changed the damage from 12 to 15.
b,1+2– The move can now also be performed with a slide input (b,【1,1+2】, b,【2,1+2】).
u/f,3,3+4– Decreased the distance between the character and the opponent when the move hits.
f,f+2,3– Changed the frame advantage when blocked from -15 frames to -14 frames.
– Decreased the distance between the character and the opponent when the move is blocked.
– Changed the frame advantage upon hit from +4 frames to +5 frames.
f,f,f,3– Changed the damage from 18 to 20.
During sidestep 2– Changed the frame advantage when blocked from ±0 frames to +3 frames.
– Changed the frame advantage upon hit from +5 frames to +8 frames.
– Changed the opponent’s behavior when hit.
During Handstand 3+4– Changed the attack startup from frame 28 to frame 26.
During Handstand d+3+4– The character is now counted as crouching from frames 1 to 15.
During Handstand b,3– Changed the opponent’s behavior when the move lands as a counter hit.
【3,4】
During Handstand 【3,3+4】
– Decreased the distance between the character and the opponent when the 1st hit lands.
f,3,3+4
During Handstand 4,3+4
– Decreased the distance between the character and the opponent when the 2nd hit lands.
d/f,3
During Negativa 1,3
– Changed the opponent’s behavior when the move lands as a counter hit.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Is this hard to get into? Never really played 3d games before.
Yeah, I would definitely say so albeit the difficulty level has been lowered in comparison to other Tekken games. 2D fighting game players will have a hard time using the appropriate move at the appropriate time because of the unnecessarily long move lists as well as applying and counter side stepping.

As far as the patch notes go, Geese and Kazumi seem to be the most nerfed characters. Also, has the "Buff Lars" meme finally been put to rest or is the character still going to suck? LOL. I cannot wait for this patch and Zafina!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Jin nerfs don't look really that hard, in fact if he is still able to CH f4 into ws4 combo then its probably a buff meaning he will go wall to wall now much easier.
Murray said people are overreacting, which also leds to believe its not what ppl are thinking in general.

A lot of characters got qol changes, and it looks like jin was made very interesting again, all shift back to unknown, regrind the entire game again

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Kaz got buffed
F4 closer on block could mean jab pressure after.
That's huge.
I don't know if this has been played with but in training mode I've be playing around with f4 into pewgf the math says this is hella nasty. If the opponent presses a button they get launched and if they block I'm still +5. Has anybody played around with this before? @Eddy Wang @Smoke_Of_Finland

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Kaz got buffed
That's huge.
I don't know if this has been played with but in training mode I've be playing around with f4 into pewgf the math says this is hella nasty. If the opponent presses a button they get launched and if they block I'm still +5. Has anybody played around with this before? @Eddy Wang @Smoke_Of_Finland
I wouldn't use my + frames as Kaz to poke with a high, unless you are making a hard read on a sidestep and looking to catch that with dash electric. I don't play Kaz anymore but I'd just feel out the opponent first and move after f4 on block and gauge how they move afterwards or see if they press buttons. There's no real way to work around not using df2 to curb mashing since dickjabbing stuffs Kazuya out of EWGF, hellsweep and fF3. Either moving or having df2 blocked is the least amount of risk you are going to take with the best possible reward. B2, df4 or df1 on people who duck and dickjab is not a real deterrant for the opponent to stop mashing or ducking. I'd sometimes do a delayed hop kick as Kaz, you'd be surprised how often it works lol.

Paul

CommandsChanges
3,2– Increased the lower range of the attack.
– You can now shift to Sway with “3,2+b”.
f,1+2– Decreased the distance between the character and the opponent when the move is blocked.
f,1+4– Shortened the recovery animation by 1 frame when the move hits.
d/f,4– Changed the opponent’s behavior when hit in midair.
d,1,2– Changed the opponent’s behavior when hit in midair.
b,3– Increased the strength of the pushback when the move misses, making you less likely to end up on the other side of the opponent.
b,4– Increased the strength of the pushback to reduce the frequency at which the character would switch places with the opponent.
f,f+3– Increased the distance between the character and the opponent when the move hits the opponent while they’re down.
f,f+3,4,4– Changed the move to send the opponent spinning when it hits.
– Changed the move to send the opponent spinning when it hits them midair.
QCB,2– Increased the lower range of the attack.
QCB,1+2– Changed the opponent’s behavior when hit while downed.
– Increased the lower range of the attack.
While rising 2– Decreased the distance between the character and the opponent when the move is blocked.
While crouching df,1+2– The move can now be canceled with “While crouching df,1+2+b”.
QCB,3,2– Increased the lower range of the attack.
QCB,3,2,3– Replaced with a new move.

Looks like Paul didnt get any nerfs, just more combo variety. I love having another sway option but I would have preferred it to be a mixup option rather than a combo one. I am also glad that the low in QCB,3,2,3 has been replaced with a faster mid.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Kaz got buffed
That's huge.
i did, but only in devil mode.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
New Kaz combo damage is nasty.

B21 screws after ewgf,ewgf ddewgf
B4 is really good now an i17
F4 leaves opponent close enough for jab pressure.
Ff3,ewgf, ewgf , b21 screws.
Iws2, ewgf ewgf b21 screws.
Didn't get a lot of time to play around but I'll do a combo vid when I get the chance.

Chdf2 pewgf could be extra nasty if you can land chdf2 pewgf,ewgf ,ddewgf,b21 into ender. Haven't tried it yet but it should work.

The b21 has made some 2 ewgf combos easier
Ewgf,ewgf,b21cd3 lands with no micro dash.