What's new

Technical insight of GGPO netcode by NRS

Amazing video. His enthusiasm seems a bit low given the amazing things he's showing.

I hope the team that worked on this realizes how much this feature means to the kommunity.

Skedar70

Noob
I have always been curious how they hell GGPO works. Its great to see this and better from the NRS developers. Great post.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
3. If NRS can spend this much resources to give us better netcode, we can all at least buy a fuckin ethernet cable and make this effort to wire our connections. No more - my router is another room, floor - excuses.
That's cool and alright, BUT...

What of the RQers? They have Wi-Fi and keep whining and RQ all the time. Did they think of that?

We WANT to avoid the RQers and the Wi-Fi users. We don't want to play with them.

Immortal

Blind justice....
That's cool and alright, BUT...

What of the RQers? They have Wi-Fi and keep whining and RQ all the time. Did they think of that?

We WANT to avoid the RQers and the Wi-Fi users. We don't want to play with them.
There is no good solution to that, technically speaking.

Beside keep in mind that this is a game made mostly for casuals and quite a lot of them uses wifi.
RQ has been adressed to some extent with Quitality and can be futher enchanted with proper ranking mode but again keep in mind that they dont want to alienate half of their customers.

We're not the people who make money for them, we are the 0.1%. So what you "WANT" will never really happen. At the end of the day making money is their (like any company) primary goal.

Last edited:

Killusion

Stream addict
These guys pulled off some truly heroic stuff with the netcode change. Biggest props possible for them, this will be talked about and compared to for years.