What's new

Tech Video on countering staggers?

I was watching this video but I can’t seem to get it to work whenever I press d1 I just get hit, is this tech bs?

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Watching the video in a few, but recent system change might have effects on this tech.

Edit: I watch the video, it seems like you have to hold block while pressing D1(?) and it doesn't work if the string has a flawless block gap.

Last edited:
Watching the video in a few, but recent system change might have effects on this tech.

Edit: I watch the video, it seems like you have to hold block while pressing D1(?) and it doesn't work if the string has a flawless block gap.
yeah d1 just doesn't come out if you're holding block, well for me any way

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
yeah d1 just doesn't come out if you're holding block, well for me any way
Seems to work for me, but it helped if I was stand blocking first. I specifically used Liu's f43 to test it on. Not sure how practical I think this is since it requires really good timing on each individual string and if the stagger isn't negative enough or the second hit takes too long, it can't work.

You have time it so that you're in blockstun when you press your button.

You're relying on the blockstun for the OS (i.e if in blockstun attack won't come out, if not in blockstun attack will come out)

The recent patch will make this tech a bit more difficult, even if you're in blockstun you might accidentally buffer the attack and it still comes out.