What's new

Tech - Using Air Shrapnel Blast to cancel landing recovery

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
All credits go to @Mr.Bruno for finding and showing me this tech!

Obviously trying to mindlessly jump in the opponent and hitting 2 at the last possible frame leaves you open to anti airs, so I don't recommend using this in the neutral. This is best used after a knockdown or something like that, but hopefully someone can find an ideal setup to use this tech consistently!

btw how can I add flairs to thread titles again

Wow... This is so good, but I have to wonder if it is intentional or a bug. The way the sound plays but none of the animation occurs and it gives you huge advantage just seems like it might be a bug, but I have no idea.
Once you get this down, you can do it just every time you do a jump in, as it also seems to give you 2 more frames of advantage if the jumping attack connects, so it won't stop you combo-ing afterwards.

Nice find!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Defs a bug but I’m gonna lab the hell out of it.

EDIT:
I haven’t been able to force the throw mixup. Even at +33 on block I’ve still been able to neutral duck under the grab.

This is still ridiculously strong. The urge to press buttons after a jump in is super strong. You also don’t have to hit the jump in at the lowest point, just use the shrapnel blast in the cancellable area of the screen. This also works on whiffed jump punches and kicks. It’s great for baiting a counterhit only to be fully safe and able to block.

Last edited: