What's new

Question tech request: stopping telepunch short

I've heard talks of gross having a way to either end telepunch early or cause the second hit to whiff, leaving his opponent standing. I have definitely experienced the latter MANY times but I am not sure if it is controllable. Somebody should find out and report back here. I want this tech bad if it exists and I don't know about it

Let me explain myself a little better. there have been a lot of situations where I have thrown out a panic telepunch becasue I suck, and the first hit connects while the secon whiffs. The enemy is left in a dizzy standing state, and the advantage on it seems to be ALMOST enough for you to combo it with 21 bomb... I have never been successful though so i can't promise that it even works. I wanna figure out if making that second hit whiff is in fact repeatable or not.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Let me explain myself a little better. there have been a lot of situations where I have thrown out a panic telepunch becasue I suck, and the first hit connects while the secon whiffs. The enemy is left in a dizzy standing state, and the advantage on it seems to be ALMOST enough for you to combo it with 21 bomb... I have never been successful though so i can't promise that it even works. I wanna figure out if making that second hit whiff is in fact repeatable or not.
I'll give it a shot tonight. Do you remember what the other player was doing when the 2nd hit whiffed?

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

I'll give it a shot tonight. Do you remember what the other player was doing when the 2nd hit whiffed?

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk
Not at all. I've made this happen dozens of times though... I just can't figure out how to make it controllable if it even is at all.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Not at all. I've made this happen dozens of times though... I just can't figure out how to make it controllable if it even is at all.
I'm pretty sure it takes both players to Make it happen. It's happen to me against Liu Kang the most. I believe that when a Liu Kang try's to back dash the first hit of the punch hits deep and the second hit that already has a set placing away from the first hit whiffs because of the opponents weird position. As far as the air goes I believe it works the same way

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Yeah, I've done this several times. Mostly by accident, but it occurs when I try to do an instant telepunch after a certain corner set-up, but end up smacking my opponent once. Dunno if it's height dependent on your telepunch, or if the opponent's movement triggers it, but it's something I was curious about for a while.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I do this alot, i think i posted something about it in the Q&A thread before.

You do a jump in kick off the end of the toe (smash style) and cancel to Telepunch, the first hit smacks them, staggers them backwards and they second hit will whiff, and yeah you get a shit ton of advantage off this. Also pretty certain i managed to get Thead with this at the Stevenage tourny before getting knocked out to his fucking jade ;(

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
This was atrocious to deal with , Gross seemed to know how to do it and when i asked him he had no idea what i was asking him

He did it a few times on me, it was like Scorpion's teleport whiff where he was just all of a sudden here doing block strings and throws

One time i was holding block waiting for a teleport to chip me out and while holding block, teleport whiff, well hey there smoke, throw GGs pig

:(

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
This was atrocious to deal with , Gross seemed to know how to do it and when i asked him he had no idea what i was asking him

He did it a few times on me, it was like Scorpion's teleport whiff where he was just all of a sudden here doing block strings and throws

One time i was holding block waiting for a teleport to chip me out and while holding block, teleport whiff, well hey there smoke, throw GGs pig

:(
Was this from standing? Ive never seen it done on the ground, only from head height or from a jumping kick :S

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I do this alot, i think i posted something about it in the Q&A thread before.

You do a jump in kick off the end of the toe (smash style) and cancel to Telepunch, the first hit smacks them, staggers them backwards and they second hit will whiff, and yeah you get a shit ton of advantage off this. Also pretty certain i managed to get Thead with this at the Stevenage tourny before getting knocked out to his fucking jade ;(
wait....how do you get advantage if you knock them to the ground with the jik teleport??? im confused

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
wait....how do you get advantage if you knock them to the ground with the jik teleport??? im confused
Need to edit that the kick is blocked, sorry that did seem confusing....

Also the JIK needs to be like maximum distance head height. If you do it on block the second hit still whiffs....