What's new

Tech: 44 String secrets explained

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'll definitely have to use this. Thanks, as always.
It sets up her mixups game a lot better, enhances her pressure game midscreen or wall.
Just for the fact that to stop it you have to flawless block the first hit, and you have to do it fast, if you miss time it there is no longer flawless gap so she will become +6 with a pushback.
And if you try to mash you will not going to be able to flawless block 2 of her trings with gaps due to miss timing the first window, meaning, lets say instead of 44, she does f4,3 or 12 string and that gap is gone.
You have to guess either she is going to throw you, or mix you with B3 or B2, or she will just blockstring, which from some plus frames are not duckable at all and only leaves the option to flawless block.

At the wall whenever she is plus, she can just 44 anyone 4 days each time standing 4 gets blocked, and set up a pressure game on hit or block with it.

This changes a lot of things.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Also;

212, 212, 44~whip

Isn’t that difficult. Just have to do the far whip (db4f) and it connects basically every time.

E

Eldriken

Getting a 44 on block makes f4 a 7f advancing mid. Timing is key, obviously. But this shit is crazy, man.

I already use the shit out of f43 (seriously, it's almost all I do) and getting a guaranteed 44 on hit anywhere on the screen is glorious.

I never used 44 that much, but now I am using it all the time. Thank you again, Eddy.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Watching the vid at work and i apologize but its kinda hard to understand in the vid so let me get this straight.

44 string is a special high, which means unless if the opponent neutral ducks it, it leaves you plus enough to either abuse it again OR go for F43?

E

Eldriken

Watching the vid at work and i apologize but its kinda hard to understand in the vid so let me get this straight.

44 string is a special high, which means unless if the opponent neutral ducks it, it leaves you plus enough to either abuse it again OR go for F43?
Maybe in the corner. I don't know about midscreen. The pushback may prevent another 44 from reaching.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Exactly, but if you are over +11 on hit they can't neutral duck it otherwise its a guaranteed hit, their only option its to flawless block and launch every time she is that plus, the more plus the less chance you have to miss the link, so its advisable to abuse once Skarlet becomes at +13 or beyond.

So since they have to flawless block to escape it, her other mixups such as throws, b2, b3 and anti-ducking setups with 21, 12 and 44 becomes much more deadlier since they all start at very different timings

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Getting a 44 on block makes f4 a 7f advancing mid. Timing is key, obviously. But this shit is crazy, man.

I already use the shit out of f43 (seriously, it's almost all I do) and getting a guaranteed 44 on hit anywhere on the screen is glorious.

I never used 44 that much, but now I am using it all the time. Thank you again, Eddy.
It changes a lot how to view things, specially in corner

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Exactly, but if you are over +11 on hit they can't neutral duck it otherwise its a guaranteed hit, their only option its to flawless block and launch every time she is that plus, the more plus the less chance you have to miss the link, so its advisable to abuse once Skarlet becomes at +13 or beyond.

So since they have to flawless block to escape it, her other mixups such as throws, b2, b3 and anti-ducking setups with 21, 12 and 44 becomes much more deadlier since they all start at very different timings
RIGHTEOUS!

So I get the 21 string leaves you plus, but is that plus enough to use 44 after? Also, same question with 12 string.

I really appreciate this :)

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Yes, because 4 is 10f. If your plus frames are higher than the move's startup frames, they have to block.
OOOOOOOH! Ok now that makes sense. Time to fuck up some kids toniiiiight :)

OH! And one more thing ive noticed....so theres a problem ive been encountering with her gear/skin setup. For each variation i have a different outfit BUT if i chose either variation, i still only get 1 skin for the my first variation. Not sure how to change this or maybe because I have that skin favoriated? If so i have no idea how to un-favorite cuz i tried many times.

E

Eldriken

OOOOOOOH! Ok now that makes sense. Time to fuck up some kids toniiiiight :)

OH! And one more thing ive noticed....so theres a problem ive been encountering with her gear/skin setup. For each variation i have a different outfit BUT if i chose either variation, i still only get 1 skin for the my first variation. Not sure how to change this or maybe because I have that skin favoriated? If so i have no idea how to un-favorite cuz i tried many times.
Whatever slot you have set to "preferred" or whatever it is (you use the PS4's Touchpad to set it) is the skin you'll use when Kompetitive is on.

On the subject of frames: always keep in mind that distance plays a huge role in things. Just because you're +20 on something doesn't mean you can necessarily do whatever you want if you're spaced somewhat distantly from your opponent.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Whatever slot you have set to "preferred" or whatever it is (you use the PS4's Touchpad to set it) is the skin you'll use when Kompetitive is on.

On the subject of frames: always keep in mind that distance plays a huge role in things. Just because you're +20 on something doesn't mean you can necessarily do whatever you want if you're spaced somewhat distantly from your opponent.
I guess i gotta figure out how to un-favorite then cuz i already tried pressing that middle pad nothing and the star was still there. Resetted the gear loadout and that didnt work either. Ugh...WHY MUST NRS MAKE SIMPLE SHIT SO COMPLICATED!?!?

E

Eldriken

I guess i gotta figure out how to un-favorite then cuz i already tried pressing that middle pad nothing and the star was still there. Resetted the gear loadout and that didnt work either. Ugh...WHY MUST NRS MAKE SIMPLE SHIT SO COMPLICATED!?!?
Move to another kustomization slot and press it on that one.

It has to be when you're scrolling through them and don't have one selected to kustomize yet.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Move to another kustomization slot and press it on that one.

It has to be when you're scrolling through them and don't have one selected to kustomize yet.
Ok. Ill try that once i get home. No more favoriting shit from now on! Thank ya kindly :)