What's new

Question Tears of pain after F4?

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
Before alot of the info got lost in the big crash, I posted a thread about somehow landing 2,2,1+2 after a reset for the 6% chip and +8 on block advantage. While I still think its impossible to jump out of if you time it perfectly after b3,1 b3,1 f4 "I've tested it alot", I'm not going to argue about the practicality of it or rather or not my mind is playing tricks on me. As we said it's certainly viable if you have conditioned your opponent to respect your resets.

NOW, the reason why I'm posting is because one of the main faults of tears of pain is low hitbox characters being able to duck block and have the second hit whiff. While I was in practice mode with Sonya, I noticed that if I performed 2,2,1+2 after a high hitting f4 the second hit wouldn't whiff on her. Hardly ground breaking, but figured it was worth noting.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Its not gauranteed anyway, nothing is after F4 unless its something quick & mid hitting. But those options are generally unsafe, I know that with Sonya & KL I can just mash 7f starters and win.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
XXFleshtrapXX baraka will never get 23+ frames from any version of any reset,
the opponent will always be able to jump even at highest height resets,the 2 will catch them alot of the time but the blockstring is never guaranteed.they can armor it aswell.
you could try slip it in if there respecting you to much sure but thats a different story altogether

also yes the 2nd hit of 22 1+2 whiffs on low hitbox chars,even from a jip

A F0xy Grampa sorry man but your wrong,baraka has a fair few corner resets were a b3/f2 is guaranteed, xray or radiens tele wont work to get out so a 7 frame jap wont either, midscreen though theres very little guaranteed

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
I suppose d3,/d1 slices is guaranteed after a reset midscreen after f4, which is +9 if I'm not mistaken. But doesn't d3/d1 slices leave you at slightly negative frames? I usually just 4, slices because with most of the low hit box characters, the blocked 4 makes all three hits from slices connect.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I suppose d3,/d1 slices is guaranteed after a reset midscreen after f4, which is +9 if I'm not mistaken. But doesn't d3/d1 slices leave you at slightly negative frames? I usually just 4, slices because with most of the low hit box characters, the blocked 4 makes all three hits from slices connect.
D3/d1 slices is not guaranteed on anything, they both have 10 frame gaps between the poke and slices

4 slices is the way to go

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
f4 resets midscreen range from +9 to around +12, +9 is the adv from f4 when it hits standing opponent.
anything into slices leaves you at 0 but there is a gap between d1/d3 into slices on block

Dude...I was completely unaware of that. That's a fucking shame considering how much time I spend reading this forum...
i overstate this whenever slices is mentioned

D3/d1 slices is not guaranteed on anything, they both have 10 frame gaps between the poke and slices

4 slices is the way to go
on d3/d1 hitting there isnt that gap though.

4~slices is very good but it annoys me when opp jumps when u trying 4~slices and last hit of slices whiff leaving raka open for wakeup :mad:
3~slices doesnt have that problem which nice to note

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I have always thought it was retarded that Kabal's f4 is the best reset in the game, and that characters like Baraka and Strykers' resets kind of suck and don't really guarantee much. Kabal is already good enough, why does his f4 have to be godlike? Why can't Baraka's f4 be exactly like Kabals, not worse? lol it's stupid

Zoidberg747

f4 resets midscreen range from +9 to around +12, +9 is the adv from f4 when it hits standing opponent.
anything into slices leaves you at 0 but there is a gap between d1/d3 into slices on block

i overstate this whenever slices is mentioned

on d3/d1 hitting there isnt that gap though.

4~slices is very good but it annoys me when opp jumps when u trying 4~slices and last hit of slices whiff leaving raka open for wakeup :mad:
3~slices doesnt have that problem which nice to note
Cant they block the d1/d3, or is it guaranteed? I should've specified I was talking about on block.

Zoidberg747

I have always thought it was retarded that Kabal's f4 is the best reset in the game, and that characters like Baraka and Strykers' resets kind of suck and don't really guarantee much. Kabal is already good enough, why does his f4 have to be godlike? Why can't Baraka's f4 be exactly like Kabals, not worse? lol it's stupid
The fact that they nerfed barakas F4 and didnt change Kabal's is one of the dumbest things in the game.

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
I honestly think if he had the advantage Kabal has on his F4 he be a much more rounded character up close. Then again Barakas main weaknesses are his shitty projectile and slow normals IMO. And the more I play him, the more I'm seeing spark isn't as crappy as I originally thought. Still one of the worst projectiles in the game.

Spin, d4, blade charge, Baraka actually has a mean keep away game.

Zoidberg747

I honestly think if he had the advantage Kabal has on his F4 he be a much more rounded character up close. Then again Barakas main weaknesses are his shitty projectile and slow normals IMO. And the more I play him, the more I'm seeing spark isn't as crappy as I originally thought. Still one of the worst projectiles in the game.

Spin, d4, blade charge, Baraka actually has a mean keep away game.
He has a great footsies game when you consider that most characters cant punish max ranged blade charge.