What's new

Question Teach me how to stroke

ryublaze

Noob
I started playing Injustice 2 weeks ago and decided to main DS but then I dropped him for a bit but now I'm picking him back up.

How do you properly rush down with him? All I know are his mix-ups (b1u2 and b23f2) and his moves that give advantage on block (f23, 3, f3, b3). Right now I'm just doing b1u2 and b23f2, and I also like doing 3 mixed up with 323,f23 sword flip or after 3 go into low/overhead mix-up. Is it worth it to burn 2 bars of meter for b2 MB f3/b3?

I saw that ninja vortex so I've been trying to do that and whenever I get hard knockdowns sometimes I dash in for MB f3 to beat their wake-up. Is it better to do f3 or b3?

Also combos I'm using are:
132, ji2, 123
323, f23 sword flip
b1u2, d2, ji2, 123

and is his best wake-up attack sword spin? isn't that punishable on block?

Is MB df2 (I forgot what the move was called) good for stuffing wake-up attacks?

and what do you guys use as anti-airs? I'm guessing f2 or 3 and sword flip.

I'm still a noob with DS but I want to get better...

ryublaze

Noob
Also who are the top Deathstrokes so I know who to watch on streams? I'm thinking Slips, Vagrant, karoakelove, and maybe REO?

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Sword spin is safe practically, pushes the other person too far away to punish.

Combos:
132, ji2, 323, f23~sword flip
323, f23~Sword flip
b1u2, f+3, 323, f23~Swordflip

Knowing how to rush down is guessing correctly, not just setting up frame advantage. Knowing the range of your b1, f3, 3, and your jump ins will be the do or die of your rush down. In terms of when you're putting them in a vortex, it's a matter of committing to an option instead of willy nilly reacting. If we look at Gouki (Akuma) in Street Fighter, when they start their vortex, they commit and know what to do if the other person blocks.

Keep in mind that although people do have wake ups, you have to know when and when not to respect it, certain times walking up and saying "fuck it" is better than being scared of their options. You have to be the bull dog, not the bitch. You wanna take it, or give it to them?

ryublaze

Noob
What the hell? He ain't red.

Pick up Shazam or Red Son Grundy
but he kinda looks like Scorpion. Maybe Shazam, and I don't think I'll use Grundy. I'm also trying to learn the Flash and Ares.

Sword spin is safe practically, pushes the other person too far away to punish.

Combos:
132, ji2, 323, f23~sword flip
323, f23~Sword flip
b1u2, f+3, 323, f23~Swordflip

Knowing how to rush down is guessing correctly, not just setting up frame advantage. Knowing the range of your b1, f3, 3, and your jump ins will be the do or die of your rush down. In terms of when you're putting them in a vortex, it's a matter of committing to an option instead of willy nilly reacting. If we look at Gouki (Akuma) in Street Fighter, when they start their vortex, they commit and know what to do if the other person blocks.

Keep in mind that although people do have wake ups, you have to know when and when not to respect it, certain times walking up and saying "fuck it" is better than being scared of their options. You have to be the bull dog, not the bitch. You wanna take it, or give it to them?
But shouldn't you end combos with 123 for the vortex or does sword flip give you the same advantage? also landing f3/b3 after b1u2 is really hard for me...

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I started playing Injustice 2 weeks ago and decided to main DS but then I dropped him for a bit but now I'm picking him back up.

How do you properly rush down with him? All I know are his mix-ups (b1u2 and b23f2) and his moves that give advantage on block (f23, 3, f3, b3). Right now I'm just doing b1u2 and b23f2, and I also like doing 3 mixed up with 323,f23 sword flip or after 3 go into low/overhead mix-up. Is it worth it to burn 2 bars of meter for b2 MB f3/b3?
You're on the right track here. B222 is good too because if the opponent blocks, you still have a chance at a mixup. The last hit of B222 hits overhead, and the hit before it is special cancellable. Complete the string for an overhead, cancel the string into low shots for a low. You essentially have a string that hits O-M-O or O-M-L.

Dont forget F3 for mixups too. It's slow, but it does hit overhead and can cross up. Even if they block it you have a lot of options.

I personally haven't tried MB bounces off of single hit normals because I don't have the reaction time down just yet, but I don't see why it wouldnt be a good idea seeing as you can get a fat combo off of it.

I saw that ninja vortex so I've been trying to do that and whenever I get hard knockdowns sometimes I dash in for MB f3 to beat their wake-up. Is it better to do f3 or b3?
I would use B3 since it yields more potential damage and doesn't move DS forward. That flip can swing you right over your opponents on wakeup sometimes.

Also combos I'm using are:
132, ji2, 123
323, f23 sword flip
b1u2, d2, ji2, 123
Pretty good. B1U2 can be better though. Go for B1U2, F3, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip.
Other combos I recommend:

B1U2, F3, 123
F3, Ji2, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip
132, Ji2, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip

and is his best wake-up attack sword spin? isn't that punishable on block?
Yes. Only punishable by 1.5 moves in the game. Supermans Super, and The Flash's flying uppercut ONLY at close range. Generally speaking, it's safe.

Is MB df2 (I forgot what the move was called) good for stuffing wake-up attacks?
Ehh not really. Your best bet is MB low shots.

and what do you guys use as anti-airs? I'm guessing f2 or 3 and sword flip.
Sword Flip. Sword Flip allllllllllllllllll day.

I'm still a noob with DS but I want to get better...
This is the most right stuff I've seen ever posted in a "I want to learn xxx!" You're on the right track, good luck.

ryublaze

Noob
Mikman360 Thanks for the advice. Is B222 and B22 low gs a safe mix-up and is it worth it? I see B222 grants an untechable knockdown and I think low gs is negative on hit and block. I'm also having a really hard time doing b1u2, f3. Either I input f3 too early and nothing comes out or too late and the opponent already fell to the ground. I find it a lot easier to do b1u2, d2, ji2, 123 even though the combo does 10% less damage but it sets up the ninja vortex whereas ending with Sword Spin sends them too far away to cross-up.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Mikman360 Thanks for the advice. Is B222 and B22 low gs a safe mix-up and is it worth it? I see B222 grants an untechable knockdown. I'm also having a really hard time doing b1u2, f3. Either I input f3 too early and nothing comes out or too late and the opponent already fell to the ground. I find it a lot easier to do b1u2, d2, ji2, 123 even though the combo does 10% less damage but it sets up the ninja vortex whereas ending with Sword Spin sends them too far away to cross-up.
B222 and B22 xx Low Shots are both unsafe on block, so it's a risk yes, but it's a tricky mixup. Quick overhead with good range. If it doesnt hit you have 3 options:

Stop at B22 (safe)
B222 (O-M-O)
B22 xx Low Shots (O-M-L)

If it DOES hit, you can cancel into sword spin for 14%. A bit less than B23F2, but safe on block too.
I still do believe B23F2 has its uses though. It's safe on block too.

After B1U2, you can also do Ji2 without the D2 before it. If you feel you need D2 to consistently combo, go ahead and use it. Just be aware that it scales combos mad hard.

Sword Flip enders are for optimized combo damage. 123 is for the vortex.

ryublaze

Noob
Ok so after watching Slips play I have a few more questions. I noticed that he doesn't dash as much as I thought you should be (really bad MK9 habit of mine). Is that how you are supposed to move around with DS? Also I didn't see him go for the 123 ender, maybe he just prefers to maximize his damage?

and what do you guys do after D1 on hit? Do you go into b1/b2 mix-up and mix with throws?

Also I saw him using f3 and not a lot of b1u2. Is f3 that good? I thought it was rather slow for being 26 frames. I'm guessing it's because of the +10 advantage on block and being able to go over low pokes? I hear he has one of the best f3s in the game.

One last thing: I'm having trouble going from back to block into d1. Most of the time it comes out as a low gs. Is it even worth it to counterpoke with d1? or is f23 better?

Thanks.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Ok so after watching Slips play I have a few more questions. I noticed that he doesn't dash as much as I thought you should be (really bad MK9 habit of mine). Is that how you are supposed to move around with DS? Also I didn't see him go for the 123 ender, maybe he just prefers to maximize his damage?

and what do you guys do after D1 on hit? Do you go into b1/b2 mix-up and mix with throws?

Also I saw him using f3 and not a lot of b1u2. Is f3 that good? I thought it was rather slow for being 26 frames. I'm guessing it's because of the +10 advantage on block and being able to go over low pokes? I hear he has one of the best f3s in the game.

One last thing: I'm having trouble going from back to block into d1. Most of the time it comes out as a low gs. Is it even worth it to counterpoke with d1? or is f23 better?

Thanks.

Yeah, dashing is somewhat dangerous in this game since you cant block out of it, nor jump. Theyre very static. You can dash, he has a nice jump with excellent air moves, and that's all there really is to moving with DS. You just have to be calculative.

After D1, I'm still kinda experimenting with an optimal follow up myself. For now, I just usually retreat, which is probably not the best option. I've been using it as a mere pressure stopper. You can D1 into Spin though, and that's safe on block.

F3 is just so great because even though it's slow, the +10 means pressure up the wazzoo. Everything about F3 is magical.

And for the D1 poke, I've heard other people having this problem. It sounds incredibly stupid actually. Try going from back to down-forward to prevent this. If it means anything, you can reversal Sword Spin on block, and it has the same startup as D1, and safe on block. It has more damage and chip too.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
I don't know, dashing is a very important tool even if it is dangerous. Let's say you're playing against a very jump person who jumps in front of you all the time, you can dash under his jump and get out of a potential corner trap.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I never said not to. It's important, I just wanted to emphasize certain dangers and other ways to move about as Slade.