What's new

Tarkatan Tech [Baraka Combo Thread]

Wallach

Noob
I'm surprised people feel the J1, F4 version is easier than the dash, 4 version of his gutted combos. You can't really buffer buttons in this game, but you can buffer movement inputs, so you can just buffer your dash out of the recovery of the gutted amplify and it comes out every time. I find it much more consistent than having to time both the J1 and the F4 upon landing.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
It's nothing major, but I don't see any Baraka player do this: after a launch, if you can't do j1 f4(ender) for whatever reason, dash 4(ender) works too and does more damage than just f4(ender).

For example my 122 KB combo is:

122KB dash 4xxbf4AMP dash 4xxdb33

It's also doable off of d2 KB, or after you used some extra gravity, like off of a Gutted launch in an anti air (or air to air) combo.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Baraka, like most chars, has basically one combo. I’m wondering if we should just have a single thread w everyone’s combo

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Baraka, like most chars, has basically one combo. I’m wondering if we should just have a single thread w everyone’s combo
I've posted like 50 different combos for Marauder.

And no, they aren't all the same enders and strings used. Some conversions and or starters require different options, especially for KBs etc.

I do think some combos can be trimmed or grouped together, and I probably should have done that as my posts are way too long lol.

I'm surprised people feel the J1, F4 version is easier than the dash, 4 version of his gutted combos. You can't really buffer buttons in this game, but you can buffer movement inputs, so you can just buffer your dash out of the recovery of the gutted amplify and it comes out every time. I find it much more consistent than having to time both the J1 and the F4 upon landing.
How is the damage of dash 4 compared to jidf1 F4? For some reason I thought the latter did more damage, but I can't remember off of the top of my head. I personally always use 4 in the corner though, so maybe I am just misremembering.

Edit: Just checked and 4 only does like less than .2% more damage than jidf1 f4. As for why people find it harder to dash 4, if you buffer the dash you have to wait a second for them to drop or else the 4 will push them back too much and the gutted will whiff. Whereas once you get jidf1 f4 down you basically do it all at once without having to stop or wait. Comes down to personal preference, the damage is negligible so people should just do what's most comfortable to them.

Last edited:
I'll eventually go through and trim down the combos section But for now i've just left it as is for what has been posted.

Wallach

Noob
The main reason I don't mess with a lot of these Ji1/2 combos is it makes it harder to end in chop chop instead of gutted. You don't want to end in non-amped gutted unless you are getting the KB, IMO. The knockdown from chop chop is +7-10 and you're close enough to do something on their wakeup. You can get non-amped gutted in the corner for good advantage if you have a setup (it's like +44) but midscreen a full dash doesn't even cover enough distance to put you close enough for pressure.

Ending in dash, 4 xx chop chop just seems like the better general combo finish and seems like the most consistent to land to boot. Like even in the first combo in that video if you just drop the jump and end in dash, 4 xx chop chop it's 359 damage.

Just see it as an introduction to the Ji2 move video. Nothing more. No need to put any combo in it where Ji2 is not optimal, because everyone knows it or can find it anywhere else already. True the first F4 combo could've left out due to no krushing blow. Other than that, i dont mind the midscreen game after gutted. Footsies and midscreen gameplay with Baraka are more satisfying than the 'in your face' game for me. You know, good projectile, B2, F21, F4 etc. Oh and please jump in, 2 blades up your ass :)

xSkeletonSmasherx69

NOBODY CAN TRULY DEFEAT ME
The jump in punch combos are not that hard. It takes more effort to dash instead of just jumping forward. It isn't strictly about the timing of the jump either its more about the timing of the f4 after the punch connects. I land them consistently and barely practiced it at all when I swapped to Baraka. If you jump in punch someone against the corner instead of f4 you can do a 4 instead for even more damage.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I made a couple, this one has a ton of info and goes through most of what you'll need to know to get into fighting games.

Wallach

Noob

help on the marauder gutted amp bnb.

I keep whiffing after the j1. tips to ensure f4 would connect more consistently? thanks
Do your J1 slightly later than you are currently. Use JDF1 if you need since it reaches farther.

Though I would only go for this version if you need the gutted KB off a 2-hit starter (like the B31 in this video). Otherwise I'd stay on the ground and just dash, 4 xx gutted.

nicktho

Noob
jdf1 doesn't exist, its jd1. Also for those having trouble with the j1/2 into F4. You can buffer any input after a j1/2 and it will come out the first frame once you hit the ground. This is universal across all characters, so input it as j2f4, one string. you'll get it everytime.

The main reason I don't mess with a lot of these Ji1/2 combos is it makes it harder to end in chop chop instead of gutted. You don't want to end in non-amped gutted unless you are getting the KB, IMO. The knockdown from chop chop is +7-10 and you're close enough to do something on their wakeup. You can get non-amped gutted in the corner for good advantage if you have a setup (it's like +44) but midscreen a full dash doesn't even cover enough distance to put you close enough for pressure.

Ending in dash, 4 xx chop chop just seems like the better general combo finish and seems like the most consistent to land to boot. Like even in the first combo in that video if you just drop the jump and end in dash, 4 xx chop chop it's 359 damage.
if f4 hits it doesn't matter if you cancel into gutted or chop chop they will both connect, why would chop chop be any more difficult?

See video for both concepts I mentioned, I chose not to extend chop chop so you can see inputs clearer.

Last edited:
This was one of those problems I had as well.Why did NRS put 2 jump punches in the game. Does any other characters have this to land jump combos.
You can land the regular punch but it has to be deep and right on money.The down 1 works way more consistently and seems easier to hit the foward 4 after.

Wazurau

FGC Since '97
A quick demonstration video showing off max damage midscreen and corner optimals using the Marauder variation of Baraka.

Nice work and much appreciated! I had some combos labbed out but now i can plan to set up max dmg optimals for multiple situations