What's new

Tarkatan Tech [Baraka Combo Thread]

What's the trick to meter burning chop chop? I cant get it to do it been trying for a day now lol yes I'm that bad

I'm a stick user so I use 1+2 to amp since its so far on my buttons so

take your time with the in game tutorial and pay close attention to the universal/system mechanics, that will go a long way no matter who you play
to me, Baraka is the easiest character to pick up, followed by Sub Zero, then maybe Scorpion

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Baraka is very simple. Fireballs at a long range, back 2 or f44 to get in or just walk in. A lot of stuff like 112 which is plus. He's basically just a bulldog.

Also you should probably use the variation with gutted as he can get large damage from it.

Yeah that's what im using marauder looked in his character section all I took from it is back 3 2 and 112 are his starters unless you 122 kb

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Baraka seems like he is very good in this game. Safe and even positive strings with high damage. Might jump ship from the kahns...
Edit: I'm dumb, by positive strings I thought you mean like +6 or 7 lol. Most of his positive strings start with a high which leaves you open to krushing blows. I would not use them outside of punishes very often. F4 however is great and his pokes and B31 are also pretty good.

What are the optimal 122KB combos?
122KB dash 4~MB Gutted dash 4 Gutted does around 450 not including ticks. In the corner I couldn't get any higher than that, I tried adding in some jump ins and other stuff but due to scaling it was always less than that. I'll have to go back and double check though.

Faust

Why you look like we?
In corner (bone picker):
B3,1,DB3 D1 4,DB4
1,2,DB3 D1 1,2,DB4

Safe flag setups. The trick is to keep the opponent juggled high enough when cancelling into flag to keep it safe. I find doing any more hits in the combo or starting with 1,1,2 causes them to drop too much and the setup becomes unsafe/less consistently safe.
From testing you can block all wakeup attacks after this. Not enough time to jump unfortunately.

Faust

Why you look like we?
Shaolin Trap stage - right corner: You can finish your corner combo with the Dragon statue interactable. This leads into a re-stand with enough plus frames that all the opponent can do is block, they can't even jump or crouch. This can set up really well into the f2,1,bf2 tick throw set up. With good reactions you may even be able to hit confirm it.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
I see many saying that Baraka's fast starters are all highs and you risk eating D2 kb if you try to pressure. While that's true it's also true for most of the cast. Most string starters below 10 frame startup are highs in this game. But notice that the 2nd hit of the string is very often a mid. So unless the opponent both anticipates it and is also quick to react your 2nd hit will often catch him before he can get his D2 out. Throws are also high in this game. So there's going to be some D2 fishing for sure. But that doesn't mean you can't apply pressure using 112, 122, 2 1+3, and f212. All of them have a mid 2nd hit.

Faust

Why you look like we?
I see many saying that Baraka's fast starters are all highs and you risk eating D2 kb if you try to pressure. While that's true it's also true for most of the cast. Most string starters below 10 frame startup are highs in this game. But notice that the 2nd hit of the string is very often a mid. So unless the opponent both anticipates it and is also quick to react your 2nd hit will often catch him before he can get his D2 out. Throws are also high in this game. So there's going to be some D2 fishing for sure. But that doesn't mean you can't apply pressure using 112, 122, 2 1+3, and f212. All of them have a mid 2nd hit.
To add to that D3 on hit causes the opponent to stand so you can go into any high attack for pressure. I'm pretty sure it's got the same start up as D1 but has higher hit stun. Range doesn't appear to be much different either.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
To add to that D3 on hit causes the opponent to stand so you can go into any high attack for pressure. I'm pretty sure it's got the same start up as D1 but has higher hit stun. Range doesn't appear to be much different either.
D3 forces restand? Wow didn't know that. Thanks that definitely helps.

Zoidberg747

Just stuff I threw together with Baraka. I seen lots of people using ex gutted go for a immediate f4 into either db2 chop chop or bf4 as an ender. You can actually do a forward dash and hit a standing 4 into those enders for more damage. Here is some stuff I just threw together while I was on messing with him.
Dash 4 Chop Chop is the optimal ender unless you can get a Gutted KB.

Faust

Why you look like we?
In corner (bone picker):
B3,1,DB3 D1 4,DB4
1,2,DB3 D1 1,2,DB4

Safe flag setups. The trick is to keep the opponent juggled high enough when cancelling into flag to keep it safe. I find doing any more hits in the combo or starting with 1,1,2 causes them to drop too much and the setup becomes unsafe/less consistently safe.
From testing you can block all wakeup attacks after this. Not enough time to jump unfortunately.
Upon further testing, these set ups only work on 8 frame or slower wake ups. Any quicker than 8 frames (cough Geras cough) and you will get hit.

Corner: B3,1,db3 1,2,db4 will work on Geras' 6 frame wake up but the timing is super tight to keep him high enough in the air for it to be safe.

Zoidberg747

For the bone picker KB combos replace all the 3s with 4s. 4 is basically the same except faster startup and does more damage.

What kind of conversions can you get with spine burst midscreen/corner?
I'm not going for the d1 d1 d1 combos in the corner so those might work, but my go to right now is DB3 4 DB3 d1 112 bf2

Midscreen it is db3 dash 112 db2.

Zoidberg747

Been working on conversion combos (AAs, Air to Airs, Jump ins, Crossovers etc.). Here's what i've got so far:

Edit: Added more corner stuff. I swear i'll do bone picker tonight lol.
Marauder:
AA 1 F4~AMP Gutted, dash 4~chop chop
AA F4 AMP Gutted, dash 4~chop chop (Good option if they whiff a jump in or try and empty jump farther away)
If Crossover: D2 4~AMP Gutted, dash 4 chop chop
or AA 1 combo above
Air to Air 2- I have gotten dash 112 a couple of times with this, but I haven't found a consistent way to do it yet. For now i'm just doing the F4 combo like the first.
For jump ins and crossovers you can do the standard 112 combos in the OP.

Corner
Crossover AA D2 1 112~AMP Gutted 112~Gutted KB- 404 + ticks
AA 1 F4~AMP Gutted j1 112~gutted KB- 396 + ticks
Air to Air J2 1 112~AMP Gutted 112~Gutted KB- 407 + ticks
AA F4~AMP Gutted J2 1 112~gutted KB- 417 + ticks

If you are cornered:
Crossover j1 1 112~AMP Gutted j1 1 112~Gutted- 399 + Ticks
Crossover J3 1 112~AMP Gutted 112~Gutted

Bone Picker:
Disclaimer, if you hit with anything while they are airborn a blood lunge will connect. D1s, D4s, D3s etc. Won't happen very often and probably hard to do on reaction, but just putting it out there.

AA 1 F4 Blood Lunge- 175
AA 1 112 Blood Lunge- 206
AA F4 Blood Lunge- 164
Spines F4 Blood Lunge (timing is weird/height dependent)- 199
Crossover AA D2 112 Blood Lunge- 271
Crossover AA Spines 112 Blood Lunge- 221
Air to Air 2 112 Blood lunge- 237
Air to Air 1 112 Blood lunge- 217
Jump in and crossover 1 112 Spines- 195
Crossover 3 112 Blood Lunge- 266

Corner:
Crossover Spine AA 4/F4 (depending on distance) Spine d1 112 Blood Lunge- 276/263 (You may want to leave d1 out as timing becomes more tight)
AA 1 F4 Spine d1 112 Blood Lunge- 273 (same as above)
AA F4 Spine F4 Blood Lunge- 239
AA D2 D1 Spine 112 Blood Lunge- 293
Air to Air 2/3 1 Spine D1 112 Blood Lunge- 279/290

If You are Cornered:
J1 112 Spine D1 112 Blood Lunge- 295
J3 4 Spine D1 112 Blood Lunge- 347

Last edited:

Wallach

Noob
Quick video I made about the ability to use Fatal Blow to counter a Breakaway and a few of the really strong options Baraka has in particular for doing this:

I'm sure most of the roster has the ability to do this but Baraka seems particularly good at it.

Zoidberg747

For all the midscreen MB Gutted combos, you can do a jidf1(the ji1 that extends the blade) and then F4 to get that extra little damage. Shoutouts to GnarlyGatoAlex for showing me that.

So his BnB would for example be 112~AMP Gutted, jidf1, f4~Gutted. Does 10 more damage than leaving the jump in out. Dash 4 still does more damage, but only 2 more so I would stick with the former just for consistency sake.

Edit: Fatal Blow Combos

Marauder:
112~FB- 392
112~AMP Gutted jidf1 F4~KB- 490
F44 KB~FB- 479
122 KB jidf1 4~AMP Gutted dash 4(or F4)~FB- 523
D2 KB dash 112~AMP Gutted F4~FB- 581

Corner:
D2 KB walk forward 112~AMP Gutted 4~FB- 592
F44 KB~AMP Gutted 4~FB- 602
122 KB 112~AMP Gutted 4~FB- 530
112~AMP Gutted 112~FB- 498

Bone Picker:
Midscreen it's either AA with spines into F4~FB, or just canceling into FB from a string

Corner:
112~Spines D1~FB- 370
F44 KB~Spines d1 112~FB- 488
D2 KB 4~Spines d1 112~FB- 516
122 KB 4~Spines 4~FB- 460

Last edited: