What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya Teleport Damage Scale Example

Should this be fixed?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

OfficialYungmonster

Run and Tell ya mama bout that
As we all know, Tanya's Teleport mid combos reduces her overall damage. Ever wondered how much a difference it makes? Probably not because no one gives a *beep* about her.

This video is an example of how much of a different it makes.
My overall question is should this be fixed? The teleport do no additional damage to the combo so it's something to think about.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
@yungmonster12 you make it too complicated lol
It works like Johnny's run cancel adds scaling mid combos. However Tanya's teleport has the "scaling value" of 0.8, which is very bad and unfair for a non damaging special move. I knew about this for a long time but I didn't bother because in Kobu Jutsu I have alternate combos to keep the damage high. But then XL patch hit her in the head and her damage became so shitty....This teleport damage scaling is one of reasons why DN is forever low tier IMO

Lokheit

Noob
The problem here is not the teleport (multiple characters in the game scale damage when performing moves that could lead to setup or combo extension even if they don't hit, fun fact, if you do Johnny's B2 and then cancel it while juggling your opponent, it applies the same damage scaling as run cancels even if that one isn't used to extend combos), it's that Tanya's X-Ray is one of the only 2 X-Rays that I know of (the other one being Bo' Rai Cho) that scales like regular combos (X-Rays apply a soft damage scale, multiplying the accumulated scale by 1.33 which nullifies soft damage scales from 0.75 to 1).

OfficialYungmonster

@yungmonster12 you make it too complicated lol
It works like Johnny's run cancel adds scaling mid combos. However Tanya's teleport has the "scaling value" of 0.8, which is very bad and unfair for a non damaging special move. I knew about this for a long time but I didn't bother because in Kobu Jutsu I have alternate combos to keep the damage high. But then XL patch hit her in the head and her damage became so shitty....This teleport damage scaling is one of reasons why DN is forever low tier IMO
I don't see how I make it complicated :( it was just me saying do you think this should be fixed. But yeah, That's what I was saying should It be fixed because the move does no damage to the combo

OfficialYungmonster

The problem here is not the teleport (multiple characters in the game scale damage when performing moves that could lead to setup or combo extension even if they don't hit), it's that Tanya's X-Ray is one of the only 2 X-Rays that I know of (the other one being Bo' Rai Cho) that scales like regular combos (X-Rays apply a soft damage scale, multiplying the accumulated scale by 1.33 which nullifies soft damage scales from 0.75 to 1).
The problem actually is the teleport. Midscreen teleport combos are horrible in this variation and Kobu, but I would say it's balanced... This is why dragon Naginata is superior of the 3. As far as the xray thing I see what you're saying, I know her xray scales

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I don't see how I make it complicated :( it was just me saying do you think this should be fixed. But yeah, That's what I was saying should It be fixed because the move does no damage to the combo
It's ok to add more scaling like other run cancel in this game, but if the value is balanced among them like 0.95 or 0.9, not the current shitty 0.8

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Fix it only if she teleports away more than once in five seconds, she is engulfed in flames and immediately dies followed by the words, "Wussality!"

That is not really what bugs me, the EX drill launching properties are extremely weird. If the opponent is crouching the ex wont pop them high enough. But when shinnok steals tanyas drill and does it on crouching tanya it pop her high enough for combo, im going to make a video to demonstrate that, i bet i am not the only one that drops combos sometimes off of the ex drill.

OfficialYungmonster

That is not really what bugs me, the EX drill launching properties are extremely weird. If the opponent is crouching the ex wont pop them high enough. But when shinnok steals tanyas drill and does it on crouching tanya it pop her high enough for combo, im going to make a video to demonstrate that, i bet i am not the only one that drops combos sometimes off of the ex drill.
I feel the ex drill should allow for more combo opportunity. And yes I had some games with WoundCowboy yesterday and noticed that I went to the lab and was displeased

Nedyrc

Noob
If you need teleport to continue a combo that means teleport is needed to expand the damage and so it should add additional damage scale. If you dont need teleport dont do it so game doesnt think you need teleport to deal more damage and increase scaling.
This happens with a-list too. Even tho cancels doesnt deal damage they still reduce damage

If you need teleport to continue a combo that means teleport is needed to expand the damage and so it should add additional damage scale. If you dont need teleport dont do it so game doesnt think you need teleport to deal more damage and increase scaling.
This happens with a-list too. Even tho cancels doesnt deal damage they still reduce damage
Tanya wishes she could do cancels like a-list. Maybe then this scaling would make sense.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It was justified when she could use her teleport move to go through things and punish anyone else for it.

If NRS is going to keep the teleport as it is, then it should be removed, but if she gets buffed in any way on the teleport department it should stays.

Right now, it shouldn't be like it is IMO with the TP is the current state.

OfficialYungmonster

It was justified when she could use her teleport move to go through things and punish anyone else for it.

If NRS is going to keep the teleport as it is, then it should be removed, but if she gets buffed in any way on the teleport department it should stays.

Right now, it shouldn't be like it is IMO with the TP is the current state.
Tbh, Tanya being able to go through things was op, and you're right, it was justified. But now something has to be done lol. I don't downplay Tanya at all as people see it.. I just know what needs to be fixed and what doesn't. I agree with you BTW

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
As I said before, the removal of invincibility frames was enough for teleport. Reducing its speed and putting more recovery frames made it nonsense.

Lokheit

Noob
The main problem about reverting damage scales is that it seems like NRS got technical difficulties and probably can't.

That's my theory at least based on how everytime the damage scale of a move is balanced, instead of replacing it they multiply it by a new number (base damage scales go in jumps of 0.05 -> 0.95, 0.9, 0.85, 0.8, etc... but balanced damage scales are combinations of those, for example 0.85x0.9). Characters like Kenshi have completly messed up damage scale numbers and recently instead of fixing them, they just increased the damage of his combo ender string, which leads me to believe there are technical difficulties when trying to change assigned damage scale numbers.

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
Well look where we are now. We have to suck it up, and make it work ig
It is just sad that only complaints against her were worked so far, NRS failed to distinguish whats needed and what is not. NRS' this attitude have let Tanya and other characters be in that situation and that led game to be no fun at all. That is my own thought.