What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya Post XL Patch General Consensus

Hey Guys!

I am pretty sure that most of you know that Tanya is not nearly as good as she was before due to Kobu Jutsu changes and some other universal changes such as: Overhead Flip damage nerf, 3,4 cancel advantage etc.

Well i have played every variation of Tanya since she was released and tried to master them and i did. However throughout the year she has gotten changed one two many times from good to worse.

In the current state of game if you look at each variation of Tanya, they would seem amazing due to the tools that they have, or maybe your opponent may not know the match-up and you beat them, so you assume that she is still extremely good. Well, you are wrong partially. Yes, her changes hurt her and the tools that she has are amazing, but the current top 15-20 characters have better tools than her in total.

Dragon Naginata, which i am sure that 80% of you do not know why it is good, and just follow people. Well out of the 3 Dragon Naginata is Tanya's best variation due to the amount of matches it wins/loses/goes even with. Remember that is how you should judge how good the character is to the amount of matches that they win or lose. Her damage in Naginata is great, she has great setups for armor break and tons of mixups. Unfortunately only with low starter the mixups are safe so, what most of you guys do is let Tanya get away with murder. Naginata is full of gimmicks and holes that i am sure if you guys check my Tanya Dragon Naginata guide you will see.

Pyromancer, an extremely overrated zoner. Not even, Pyromancer is respect too much when it is fullscreen, remember if Tanya does air teleport and fireball it is punishable from fullscreen via run. She is a great hit and run character in this variation. The reason why Pyromancer is dirty is because of the Dust that she gains. EX Dust is a great pressure and wakeup tool, however if you check my Tanya Pyromancer guide, you will see that she does not have a true pressure and its all gimmicks.

Kobu Jutsu, and Pyromancer are neck and neck with the amount of matches they win and lose. Yes it was greatly affected and her great tools were vanished. However, Kobu Jutsu is still very frustrating to play against, because the rekka pressure is still there.

Here it is, Tanya in MKXL's current state. I would personally rank her as A- or B on the tier list. Yes she has great tools but they do not help her to compete against top tiers. Reversals and fast jabs blow her up, just as jump ins, because universally Tanya does not have a great anti air. Yes her uppercut is fast but that is about it. Her wakeups are easily bateable and punishable when they whiff. Her pokes are not great comparing to the top 15 characters. I believe that she is good but she has to work way too much to get a win against top 10 characters.

Tweedy

Noob
He believed sonic fox but not me :(
Lol I was just bothered by his point about us following people when it comes to Dragon Naginata, when that's exactly what he did.

Long live Lord Yung and Lord Sonic. The givers of knawledge. Yungmonster is practically the Ty Lopez of the MK community. He's not proud of his Full Auto combos, he's proud of his books.

If you watch my streams... Ever you hear what i say...that they cover each others bad matches... they are neck and neck pyromancer has better time against pressure and naginata has better mixups and damage.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Buff Tanya's forward teleport and nerf the backwards one.

How can 15-20 characters have better tools than her but she's A tier?
That means you can win a major with her and all of her variations in this current state. Especially if you know the holes and gimmicks she's B+ tier at best

REO"s tier list put 3 variations of Tanya in correct position IMO
yes it is a stretch though, there is no universal tier list or tier placement, hence the fact that some do s+ s s- a+ a a- b+ b.... tanya is a- and b area, to be more precise b+ but she is swimming around, lets see this vortex that i found if it is viable and useful.