What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takedas worst match ups.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Mileena is dumb. My normal counter for her is Kuatan Goro and a random online mileena ball roll underneath my d1 and cost me the game. I was salty as the person tbagged n left. -__-
I just use Grandmaster/Unbreakable and Use the Ice Klone/Ice Parry when I think a Mileena will wakeup roll. It usually makes them actually think twice about using it. How does Goro work for you against mileena? I'm curious :eek:

What variation of Takeda can play MKX against Mileana now?
Lost to detroit ballin's week 1 mileena at yesterdays phx local 3-0. I went SR the whole time and tele cancel was good to bait rolls and I was able to stop most b12 shenanigans with a well placed d1 but overall I just got putplayed. I don't feel the match up is that bad tho honestly. It felt way worse when I was playing against his D'vorah afterwards in casuals

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Lost to detroit ballin's week 1 mileena at yesterdays phx local 3-0. I went SR the whole time and tele cancel was good to bait rolls and I was able to stop most b12 shenanigans with a well placed d1 but overall I just got putplayed. I don't feel the match up is that bad tho honestly. It felt way worse when I was playing against his D'vorah afterwards in casuals
What were his b12 shenanigans? The Mil I play does b12, b12 low sai, b1 walk back punish or just b12 ex roll. The staggers and mixups into 35% restands are too much for me.

What were his b12 shenanigans? The Mil I play does b12, b12 low sai, b1 walk back punish or just b12 ex roll. The staggers and mixups into 35% restands are too much for me.
Hm similar stuff if he tried to stagger I could react and d1 before he did something else maybe I was just getting lucky and hitting him when he went for a throw or something, after low sai I'm pretty sure it's your turn, but if he's gonna yolo ex roll after b12 on block you just gotta guess right lol if you do punish with a 44 full combo

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Hm similar stuff if he tried to stagger I could react and d1 before he did something else maybe I was just getting lucky and hitting him when he went for a throw or something, after low sai I'm pretty sure it's your turn, but if he's gonna yolo ex roll after b12 on block you just gotta guess right lol if you do punish with a 44 full combo
If you block low sai what would be a good move to get in with? I try to punish with f1 but not always consistent at hitting.
I'll admit that I'm bad at reacting to the ex roll but that's personal experience to work with.

If you block low sai what would be a good move to get in with? I try to punish with f1 but not always consistent at hitting.
I'll admit that I'm bad at reacting to the ex roll but that's personal experience to work with.
Hm idk of you can punish it I would take it to the lab and see but yeah I'd assume f1 or f21. And yeah idk if you can react to it but you just gotta get a feel for when/ if the player tries to throw it out. Like in place of a low hit in one of her strings or as an armor trap, or wakeup

ATIWAB

Noob
What characters do you guys feel are good secondary characters to specialize in (besides Takedas other variations) that can take care of his bad match ups? I've been playing with Takeda since I started playing and am looking at playing a secondary character when facing characters like Tarkatan, Kang etc.
Jax does well against characters Takeda has problems with -- Kano, Predator, Kung Jin, GM Sub. 100% of the time if someone picks Bojutsu KJ I switch to PU Jax and zone cheese with energy wave/ground pound for both rounds, fuck trying to play against KJ as SR Takeda. Lol.

Snoop88

Noob
Jax does well against characters Takeda has problems with -- Kano, Predator, Kung Jin, GM Sub. 100% of the time if someone picks Bojutsu KJ I switch to PU Jax and zone cheese with energy wave/ground pound for both rounds, fuck trying to play against KJ as SR Takeda. Lol.
GM Sub? I thought Takeda does well against him... and Jax not. ;) Btw any advices against Jacqui Full Auto?

ATIWAB

Noob
GM Sub? I thought Takeda does well against him... and Jax not. ;) Btw any advices against Jacqui Full Auto?
A competent GM Sub can keep SR from effectively using his range advantage/teles/etc with clones, hard to keep up consistent pressure. The real problem is that getting stuck in a corner against a good GM Sub is pretty much an instant loss when both your main wakeup armor options are negated by clone (tele, ff) and even guessing right on the 50/50 doesn't mean you're going to be able to punish if he backs up one step behind his clone. It's not an unwinnable match by any means, but if you get stuck in a corner you are more fucked against GM Sub than against most other opponents.

Re: Full Auto Jacqui, not really, same as any other full-screen-zoning character. Block FA spam, full screen tornado kick or air tele to close gap, hope your 50/50/throw lands, repeat.

Parasurama

Dragon
Hi. What are the issues that SR Takeda has with KJ?