Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Other, please explain below:

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Nortnauq

QUAN CHI FOR DLC
Round 1
FIGHT!

We all know that getting the first hit is very important in order to ensure an early meter lead, especially for Takeda.

Are there any techniques that could be used to gain an advantage early on?
What are some common tendencies that you can expect from a Takeda player?

Let us know what you think!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
If I respect the opponent I usually just walk back a bit (or backdash if I suspect aggressiveness). Last thing you want is to start out the match being neutral jumped or trip-guarded for a full combo into a guess on knockdown.

It's character-dependent though, as some chars' footsie tools will wreck a jump-distance backdash or casual walk with ease.

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It is completely MU dependent. I usually mash d3 to start just to see what my opponent does and if they beat it then I tend to walk back or even backdash if I am getting confident. If I know they like to jump or backdash a lot I will f1 2+4 to start.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Walk back. That's where you immediately want to be as a takeda player. Not much an hurt you from there. F3 is good too but not on the first game. I don't know how many times I've been njp out of the gate by good players expecting it. Walking back prevents most problems of getting hit first. If they jump you have enough time to d2 if your looking for it. If they use an advancing move you have enough time to block and counter poke. I would rather put it on them to guess right on b2,1 kunai mixups than take the risk of f3 and starting out behind. First hit is huge in this game

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
JIP ~air tele (pause) NJP. or f3. Whatever is reckless and loses me the match I will normally do first. lol!

I never really tested it but JB3 doesn't feel like it would be a bad option. It would probably catch the opponents JIP or forward advancing string.. And you could cancel the JIK into air tele too.. I guess if you do it too low you could get blocked and punished hard but if you did it high enough you get the air teleport wiff. People try to poke to start pressure and that's when you NJP.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
Sometimes i go backwards when the match starts, if he goes backwards too, then go to f12+4, its a good move, prevents jumps and you can mix up with kunais if he's standing.

Last edited:

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Sometimes i go backwards when the match starts, if he goes backwards too, then go to 1-2+4, its a good move, prevents jumps and you can mix up with kunais if he's standing.
This is a great strategy. I do this on knock down in general when I decide not to pressure. Let's you create space, bait wake ups, and puts you in that tempting jump in range.

Round 1
FIGHT!

We all know that getting the first hit is very important in order to ensure an early meter lead, especially for Takeda.

Are there any techniques that could be used to gain an advantage early on?
What are some common tendencies that you can expect from a Takeda player?

Let us know what you think!
Mash f3 its only -1 then i usually njp when they poke after. unless I know they have a faster normal or think they are going to jump.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
EX Teleport for specific matchups where I know the opponent is starting agressively (here's looking at you NJP Kung Jin's)... When it hits I've already gotten a nice combo in at start and still have 1 bar of meter...

ATIWAB

Noob
I'd been using F3 and D1 on block for a long time, but recently started using B1. I know how crazy that sounds with its long startup time, but it works as an instant AA on everyone who opens with NJP and puts them at risk for eating a B1->DB3->D2, which is a pretty demoralizing way to start a round for your opponent; it immediately sets them up for your B21-DB1 or B21-BF1 mixup game at just past mid-screen at 80% Health.

It also has good enough range to hit if they step back, it can counter a lot of stuff that requires a forward walk first or as part of the startup frames, B11 can be canceled into Kunai, B11 beats armor on slower armor moves and you can also just finish out the B112 string in an Overhead too...Try it out!

(Disclaimer: Reptile players will fuck you up for trying this.)

ATIWAB

Noob
Messing around with it a bit, if you catch it JUST right you can open B1->DB3->NJP->B21->BF1EX->[Air Spear OR B21->DB3] for 31% against any opponent using a NJP opener (basically guaranteed against any average Kung Jin player).

The timing is super strict though, you have to catch them pretty close to the beginning of their jump or you'll whiff the DB3 entirely. Not reliable.

I stick with B1->DB3->D2 a lot against NJP online due to minor input delay, but if you want a few extra %, B1->DB3->-NJP->B21>BF1 is 5% more and also pretty reliable.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
ive started sweeping also.. actually catches a lot of people off guard . esp the ones that block high waiting for the njp, jip, or the f3

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
No one uses F1?

I use f1 2+4 blade spark as Ronin. If the F1 string hits I might go into an ex sword combo if I want to play the MU up close, but if I want to play from afar im happy to knock them back with a combo into spark.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
No one uses F1?

I use f1 2+4 blade spark as Ronin. If the F1 string hits I might go into an ex sword combo if I want to play the MU up close, but if I want to play from afar im happy to knock them back with a combo into spark.
I used too but i started getting snuffed a lot so I started switching to f3. Normally the only thing that snuffs that is when the opponent nips.

But normally I F3 but I'm finding that more and more sweeps are working good too

ATIWAB

Noob
I love how our b3 has the range to hit but it's so shit fucking slow we're all like "maybe it's better to just sweep"