What's new

Tech - Takeda Takeda's F3 can make some special moves miss

I have no idea if people know about this. If they do, this is nothing new, but if you don't here you go

There's a small hop in Takeda's F3 that makes certain special moves whiff. I've done it unintentionally a few times online and thought I should share. I don't know the exact timing required of the F3 to make the person whiff on their special, but I'm sure someone here would be willing to find out or explore it more.

examples:

http://a.pomf.se/ryzvix.webm
http://a.pomf.se/gfkyxn.webm

As far as I know, these are the only three specials that can possibly miss during the F3 (if timed correctly). If anyone has any more, share pls

Last edited:
What's the timing like?
timing looks somewhat lenient.
OP?
I think the timing is hard at first, but i think once you get a hang of it, you should get it. The main problem is the timing isn't the same for all characters. I'm trying it out on some characters in the lab and it gets easier once you get the timing right, but it's gonna be harder to pull off in an online/tournament setting I imagine.

Last edited:
I've re-tired to do the F3 whiff verse Assassin Kitana/Sub Zero/Mileena. Assassin kitana was the easiest to re-do, then mileena, and then sub zero.

You can make Jax's whiff the Ex ground pound in Pumped up whiff by using F3.
You can make Kotal Kahn's (War God) Ex Sword Takedown and Sword Quake whiff
You can make Kung Jin's (Bojutsu) Ex Low Bo Spin whiff on the first hit and knock him out of it.
Can make Goro's (Kuatan Warrior) Ex Ground Pound whiff
You can go through Kenshi's (Posessed) Demon Drop
Was able to make Erron Blacks' Sand Grenade (EX as well, but you need to make it whiff before fore the shot), and Ex/normal slide whiff. Also, I've tried to make the ex sand toss whiff, it doesn't whiff, but because of the hop in the F3, it'll act like he's airborne and he won't be able to combo after (I'll put up a video soon)

I tried to do the whiff verse Scorpion's leg grab, Reptile's slide,Tanya's spinning leg kick, Quan Chi low teleport grab in warlock, aand Ferra Torr's Boulder Roll in Lackey, but I couldn't make them whiff. Granted just because I can't do it for these characters doesn't mean you possibly can't.

Gonna upload some videos now to show the whiffs I did do.

Last edited:

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
So during the frames he's airborne he actually can avoid certain attacks and even stuff some armored reversals with a meaty F3, man, this is godlike.

So far, F3 makes these specials whiff (if timed correctly):

• Sub Zero's Slide (Ex and normal)
  • Erron Black's Slide (Ex and Normal), Sand Nade Roll (Ex and Normal). Also, you if you time the F3 correctly when Erron Black does the Sand Toss, it will act like Takeda is in the air, making EB unable to combo after the Sand Toss.
  • Buzz saw Kung Lao's Low Hat (I only tested normal)
  • Pumped Up Jax's Ground Pound (Ex and Normal)
  • Kutana Warrior Goro's Ground Pound (Ex and Normal)
  • War God Kotal Kahn's Sword Takedown and Sword Quake (Ex and Normal)
  • Kung Jin's Bojutsu Low Bo Spin (He whiff's the first hit, and you can possibly knock him out of it)
  • Mileena's Ball (Ex and Normal)
  • Assassin Kitana's Assassin Strike (Ex and Normal)
  • Johnny Cage's Nut Punch (Ex and Normal)
Also, someone tell me if I'm spamming to many videos on the page lol

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Try this against Shinnok's shoulder charge. I think it will also work.

I know Scorpion's overhead punch (f2?) jumps over Shinnok's shoulder charge and it looks stupid, so I think this will work too.