What's new

Question - Shirai Ryu Takeda teleport question.

Provokt

Noob
I notice that after I teleport you get 1 mid hit and any hit after that resets the combo. Is this a bug? Is there any way to link the automatic hit off the teleport into something else? Or am I just utterly moronic and missing something minor here.

Provokt

Noob
So is there no mix up after the teleport? No combos FROM low? Seems kind of easy to guess where I'm going with it all.

Insidiousballer

Meter Hoarder
I'm not a Takeda player, but the frame data says teleport is +31 on hit, -17 on block. Mind you, that data is probably wrong (heh) but that would mean that on hit, you can safely do b21 (or whatever you do) and the opponent has to block it. That also means that on block you are eating a full punish tho.
Two helpful tips: 1) Learn to use record AI in training mode and actually test these scenarios, and 2) in the future, just go into the character discussion forum that already exists and leave any questions there. People who play the character will come across it pretty quickly and give you some feedback.

Wigy

There it is...
pretty much blocked on reaction you need to make a read

If you think they will do a string u can throw it out

Provokt

Noob
I'm not a Takeda player, but the frame data says teleport is +31 on hit, -17 on block. Mind you, that data is probably wrong (heh) but that would mean that on hit, you can safely do b21 (or whatever you do) and the opponent has to block it. That also means that on block you are eating a full punish tho.
Two helpful tips: 1) Learn to use record AI in training mode and actually test these scenarios, and 2) in the future, just go into the character discussion forum that already exists and leave any questions there. People who play the character will come across it pretty quickly and give you some feedback.
Too many thread, too many pages and most of the data old. I'm in practice mode with a friend. We confirmed it, but I came here to make sure I was correct.

Wigy

There it is...
Too many thread, too many pages and most of the data old. I'm in practice mode with a friend. We confirmed it, but I came here to make sure I was correct.
Sorry to say but its fairly common knowledge teleports enless they launch don't lead to combos. That would be rather stupid

Insidiousballer

Meter Hoarder
I see. So you don't want to read through information on the character you are trying to learn. What a giant waste of time that would be.

Provokt

Noob
I see. So you don't want to read through information on the character you are trying to learn. What a giant waste of time that would be.
>Implying I don't spend copious amounts of time per day on this forum devouring any and all information about any specific character.

I could go through 5-10 threads with most 5+ (some a lot more) pages filled with combos, or I could cut to the chase and ask for confirmation of something I was observing.

Agoat

Always Be Cmashing
>Implying I don't spend copious amounts of time per day on this forum devouring any and all information about any specific character.

I could go through 5-10 threads with most 5+ (some a lot more) pages filled with combos, or I could cut to the chase and ask for confirmation of something I was observing.
Reading through some of those threads wouldn't be a waste of time. There's a couple smaller ones that pop up with some good info.

To answer your question, teleport on a grounded opponent does not start or continue a combo, but one that hits a juggled/airborne opponent can.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler

Honestly this is something you could find out in a few minutes in the lab...

Not trying to sound like a dick but that might something you should look into (lab) while learning stuff

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Example of being a dick for the sake of being a dick.

To answer the question, no you cannot combo from teleport off of a standing opponent.

Although, he does have low and overhead starters which can be used to mix your opponent up after teleport on hit.

Provokt

Noob
Honestly this is something you could find out in a few minutes in the lab...

Not trying to sound like a dick but that might something you should look into (lab) while learning stuff
Like I said, I did...and came here for confirmation. Not to mention, a lot of the replies in other threads are pre-patch and don't do me a ton of good. Takeda's frame data wasn't even right so to avoid confusion I started a fresh thread to ask my specific question.

Insidiousballer

Meter Hoarder
Example of being a dick for the sake of being a dick.

To answer the question, no you cannot combo from teleport off of a standing opponent.

Although, he does have low and overhead starters which can be used to mix your opponent up after teleport on hit.
did you notice my original reply where i attempted to give him helpful information concerning his question? and then his reply to that? i doubt it