What's new

Tech - Takeda Takeda Safe jump

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I like the idea but i don't think you're understanding wat a safe jump is.

a safe jump is a confirmable jump in off a hkd that allows blocking to be possible by either

A) using your jump in attack as a meaty, causing a wake up to whiff due to its start up.

B) jumping in from an angle that would cause a wake up to whiff.

Due to this games mechanisms on wake up I don't think true safe jumps are possible. I see these set ups as jump in reversal baits.

Still, good find and continue labbing it up.

Also, a true safe jump will force your opponent to block your jump in, if they choose not to reversal.

Darkzane

Noob
I like the idea but i don't think you're understanding wat a safe jump is.

a safe jump is a confirmable jump in off a hkd that allows blocking to be possible by either

A) using your jump in attack as a meaty, causing a wake up to whiff due to its start up.

B) jumping in from an angle that would cause a wake up to whiff.

Due to this games mechanisms on wake up I don't think true safe jumps are possible. I see these set ups as jump in reversal baits.

Still, good find and continue labbing it up.

Also, a true safe jump will force your opponent to block your jump in, if they choose not to reversal.
Thanks, I thought the same, but try to do again and again came me a safe jump in the corner

EMPEROR PRYCE

That was a safe jump in every essence of the term buddy. Awesome shit!!!

Wish there were damaging combos that led into NJK. Also delayed wake up wouldn't punish this, but it would make it kinda useless.

Regardless, great fucking find I plan to lab this up very soon.

EOTL

These don't have the utility of regular safe jumps in say sf4. If they block you get no real frame advantage in comparison

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
These might be useful for round enders, or situations where you need to get close to ending a round and your opponent has enough meter for breaker

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
These don't have the utility of regular safe jumps in say sf4. If they block you get no real frame advantage in comparison
Its a safe move that can beat armor, at worst you are back to neutral, at best you beat an unsafe armored move, and they are down a bar of meter, with you possibly able to get a full punish based on how unsafe, I think it will have uses

EMPEROR PRYCE

Njk is atleast +8 if done while falling, with Takeda atleast.

Go into practice, takeda vs any character w 5/6 frame d1, do a meaty NJK on their wake up. F12 2+4 will beat their poke out CLEAN. Like you wont see their pokes start up..