What's new

Question - Takeda Takeda patch/beta notes

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
What do you mean? You can combo his blade call Brutal if you end the combo 21 blade drop, blade call.
I've tried it and it's been really inconsistent when I do it. Sometimes I'll do it and get regular kall back even though my opponent is beyond dead and the combo number is still going. Other times the kall will happen during the finish him window. Even offline where I know I have the execution it's been iffy.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
I've tried it and it's been really inconsistent when I do it. Sometimes I'll do it and get regular kall back even though my opponent is beyond dead and the combo number is still going. Other times the kall will happen during the finish him window. Even offline where I know I have the execution it's been iffy.
Really? That's odd. The only time I have an issue is if my fingers slip or just a stupid execution error on my part. 9 times out of 10 I'll get the 21, Blade Drop, Blade Kall brutality without issue.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Really? That's odd. The only time I have an issue is if my fingers slip or just a stupid execution error on my part. 9 times out of 10 I'll get the 21, Blade Drop, Blade Kall brutality without issue.
I'll keep working at it. I've gotten it to work a few times so I know it CAN happen. Just not when it would be hype and cool to see

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
Been playing Takeda on the beta lately and not really liking the match ups he is getting with all the characters getting buffs (Milena.) I'll be playing his dad more until KP2 comes out.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Been playing Takeda on the beta lately and not really liking the match ups he is getting with all the characters getting buffs (Milena.) I'll be playing his dad more until KP2 comes out.
Hmm I feared this.. He'll probably have more losing mus by the end of it all.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Hmm I feared this.. He'll probably have more losing mus by the end of it all.

tbh for me im actually scared for takeda... i am feeling the opposite- i feel with the changes now and the top dogs getting hit , characters are becoming level with takeda and we get more turns in a match now. Takedas gonna stand out as really strong and then ppl complain that he didnt get touched and next thing you know we might get hit with some " panic nerfs"

Cassie, KL, LK have all had a few hit that in turn give takeda more chances to escape and regain his spacing. yeah mileena got some good buffs but shes still punishable and mofos are still throwing out teles and rolls like they are invincible or something..( here - hold this 44 now dawg) yeah , instant sais and her new d1(d3?) will be a bitch but i feel the ggpo fix makes her easier to punish once she gets too greedy. mileena def got better with the buffs but so did out punish capabilities online.

also the new system changes helped takeda a lot too imo... being able to break and remove JC and LK stamnia i think is a big + for us. also if the reduced chip damage after a cancel is cast wide thats also a big plus. if things stay the same come XL time- sticking with takeda since rip will prob have paid off big time.

tbh for me im actually scared for takeda... i am feeling the opposite- i feel with the changes now and the top dogs getting hit , characters are becoming level with takeda and we get more turns in a match now. Takedas gonna stand out as really strong and then ppl complain that he didnt get touched and next thing you know we might get hit with some " panic nerfs"

Cassie, KL, LK have all had a few hit that in turn give takeda more chances to escape and regain his spacing. yeah mileena got some good buffs but shes still punishable and mofos are still throwing out teles and rolls like they are invincible or something..( here - hold this 44 now dawg) yeah , instant sais and her new d1(d3?) will be a bitch but i feel the ggpo fix makes her easier to punish once she gets too greedy. mileena def got better with the buffs but so did out punish capabilities online.

also the new system changes helped takeda a lot too imo... being able to break and remove JC and LK stamnia i think is a big + for us. also if the reduced chip damage after a cancel is cast wide thats also a big plus. if things stay the same come XL time- sticking with takeda since rip will prob have paid off big time.
I get what you said and people are really starting to hate Takeda on TYM but seing as KP2 will be the last big patch we may have achamce to stay unchanged

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
I get what you said and people are really starting to hate Takeda on TYM but seing as KP2 will be the last big patch we may have achamce to stay unchanged
wait last patch? you think? i kinda expect at least 1-2 patches after kp2 .. i mean they gotta at least balance the kp2 in the wild and fix bugs then a another update after that per usual ..

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
wait last patch? you think? i kinda expect at least 1-2 patches after kp2 .. i mean they gotta at least balance the kp2 in the wild and fix bugs then a another update after that per usual ..
Paulo said somewhere this was the last big patch. Anything else may be small fixes and such.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda

Hmm well said.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Paulo said somewhere this was the last big patch. Anything else may be small fixes and such.

ahh okay - key word big* patch - i kinda grazed over the big* part .. yeah that i can see. that makes sense.. XL feels kinda like an overhaul with system the included system changes too

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Ronins blade kall doesn't break a lot of the armor it used too. Only slow ass armor now..not even worth it anymore

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
A d4 on hit guarantees a b3 and f4,CANNOT be backdashed or armored. Only blocked.

F4 also goes over lows, but tends to get low profiled easily, haven't tested hitbox changes in the beta though.

If what @GGA pimpimjim says is true (which I'm positive it is) then f4 may be a pretty decent tool to use in the neutral now to net frame adv from right outside f12 range. +8 at best is a big deal!