What's new

Question - Takeda Takeda gets completely shut down by HF Scorp option select?

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Okay, so um... I didn't know whether to put this in the Takeda or Scorpion forum, but I felt that it had to be shared.

Basically Scorp does b121 in the corner, and the does flame aura 5-10 frames after the recovery of his string. He then immediately does 214 and hit confirms either his uninterruptible blockstring or teleport combo.

I think this shuts down everything he can do. I tried:
-getting up and blocking (frametraps due to active window of FA so they can't even neutralduck the high)
-back dashing as a wakeup (gets punished)
-Armored wakes (everything gets crushed)
-All of the above from techroll
-delayed wakes (avoids FA but then gets up into blockstring, and EX wakes still get crushed by the string).

There is a certain timing for Scorpion where he can option-select everything in the corner.

He can't even X-ray because his X-ray is a fucking aerial attack. Block breaker is his only escape, which is outrageously unfair for Takeda.

Feel free to test this. I would like to know if you guys come up with a solution.

EDIT: forgot to say this doesn't work for most other characters because their armored wakes will beat out his 214 string. Takeda is just too slow.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
My mistake. But still this setup is legit.

Fine, I'll do a video but people are still going to say my testing is faulty and try it themselves anyway since the key factor is the timing of FA.
Since you're kind of new to TYM let me teach you something.

If you discover a new tech that is relevant to the point of making a new thread post it with a video proof rather than just talk about it.

of course we will test ourselves, we shouldn't just take your word for granted, we want to see if is pratical, viable or if you didn't left anything out, its not like we're trying to blow you up, this is how discussion goes.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Okay so while I was recording the clips I did actually find one crack in the setup. If Takeda techrolls and immediately does wakeup EX fist flurry, he can beat the 214 string. So it's not a 100% solution.

However Scorpion is still safe, he still does the 6% from FA, and EX fist flurry is extremely unsafe, so if your opponent knows your setup so well that they actually do try this, you still have options.

I'm guessing you guys are kind of turned off now that it's not a 100% inescapable setup, but do you guys still think it's worth a video?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
video dude, come on.

i imagine characters and such because i like to draw, by i can't process fighting games without video data.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
video dude, come on.

i imagine characters and such because i like to draw, by i can't process fighting games without video data.
Wow I'll do it ok back up a little.

I have 2 half-complete videos which hopefully I will finish and upload tonight, and then I will do an exploration of this tech. Perhaps I'll change it from an anti-Takeda video to a general purpose setup exploration video. I suppose then I'll have to put it in the Scorpion forum.