What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takeda General Discussion Thread

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
U
I have a noobie question. What do You guys use as optimal Millena teleport punisher with Ronin ?
Usually depends on where you can get the punish. I know she's punishable when you block it and there's a frame when she's standing you can bunish but it's difficult to get consistently for me at least. I try to do b112 into 21 ender as my go to for the sake of consistency.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
U

Usually depends on where you can get the punish. I know she's punishable when you block it and there's a frame when she's standing you can bunish but it's difficult to get consistently for me at least. I try to do b112 into 21 ender as my go to for the sake of consistency.
I'll be looking into this. But the truth is even after You block, there is another 50/50 and if I guess right (2nd time) I might get my punish, cool !

Saltea Moonspell

Just d2 to send her away or d1 for the frame advantage
I WIll look into that. Still working on overall play gameplay. I want implement 44 as punisher in some situations as its 12% starter. I came into a combo that could be known but I have not seen any Ronin maind doing. Its doing 112 or f21 starter into ex bf 2 and then dash in into 112, and then 21 restand by corner. Thats 39% one bar into restand.

I WIll look into that. Still working on overall play gameplay. I want implement 44 as punisher in some situations as its 12% starter. I came into a combo that could be known but I have not seen any Ronin maind doing. Its doing 112 or f21 starter into ex bf 2 and then dash in into 112, and then 21 restand by corner. Thats 39% one bar into restand.
IDK 44 can mess you up pretty bad sometimes ( tHE FIRST HIT MISSING )

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
112/f21 are known and good starters. I think most of us are just used to going for f12 out of habit that we don't use it often. I know I want to start using 112 as a consistent punisher.

Saltea Moonspell

IDK 44 can mess you up pretty bad sometimes ( tHE FIRST HIT MISSING )
So far I had no problems with 44. It's weird but I think we can make it work. The 12% is big deal. I am not sure about f12 punisher though. . . I think there is severe dmg scaling. Try this 44,bfex2, Rc, 112, 21, free choice follow up. 1 bar gives 39 restand in corner. 2 bars gives around 50% if I recall. I think two bar is waste of meter but if it closes the round it's good to have it up your sleeve. I am pretty new at all this but moving from Hattrick is so much fun and it's easy :) I enjoy the Fuck out of Ronin

So far I had no problems with 44. It's weird but I think we can make it work. The 12% is big deal. I am not sure about f12 punisher though. . . I think there is severe dmg scaling. Try this 44,bfex2, Rc, 112, 21, free choice follow up. 1 bar gives 39 restand in corner. 2 bars gives around 50% if I recall. I think two bar is waste of meter but if it closes the round it's good to have it up your sleeve. I am pretty new at all this but moving from Hattrick is so much fun and it's easy :) I enjoy the Fuck out of Ronin
I know 44 gives you the best damage but I m afraid of whiffing the first hit

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Hoping you guys can provide some good advice. I've mained Kotal since day one and decided to pick up a second character, Takeda. I've dabbled with all three variations but not sure where to start.

I'd like to start with the hardest variation to pick up so I can throw myself into learning the character, which variation is the best to start with in that respect?
Hardest would probably be Ronin just because of the execution of the character. Getting simple blade drop into kall combos is mostly easy but when you start trying to convert any hit into kall and combo is the hard part.

You can reliably use 44 to punish stuf like scorpions ex tele, mileenas ex ball, laos ex spin. Stuff that is super negative on block

hayatei

Noob
Hello, sir.

How do you feel about ronin now?
mostly i feel hes ruined as a char, strayed too far from his original feel/design since when i picked him up

i think b2 shouldve stayed 15f but changed to mid, and quick calls mostly staying the same with the nerfs to f122+4 already making them weaker

i woulda also nerfed 21 advantage. i have mixed on opinion on current b11

When Hayatei says Ronin is ruined, he means the fun factor. Ronin is still really good.

Question: Is there a spreadsheet/thread/post including optimal Lasher combos?

@KHTC Takgillo @Pleasa @MrProfDrPepper
probably somewhere in the Takeda forum most optimal combos midscreen consist of opener+ex df2 NJP B Kunai f122+4 db2 and in the corner Opener ex df2 44 df1 d1 d1 db2
When Hayatei says Ronin is ruined, he means the fun factor. Ronin is still really good.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity

Question: Is there a spreadsheet/thread/post including optimal Lasher combos?

@KHTC Takgillo @Pleasa @MrProfDrPepper
I don't see the spreadsheet, but I can just post them right here
Starter whip flurry mb NJP 44 whip strike for corner carry and oki
Starter whip flurry mb b2 f21 whip flurry for damage
Corner:
Starter whip flurry mb NJP 44 whip strike f3 for hard knockdown.
Those are the 3 most common ones for me. I have more that I use but I am in a bit of a rush right now