What's new

Match Footage - Takeda Takahashi Takeda Match Footage Thread

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I noticed there wasn't one of these and decided to make it. Post any of your matches or matches of people you thought had a good Takeda. Offline/online, doesn't matter.

Most recent Takeda performances at KiT featuring each variation:

Vman(Lasher)

Red Raptor(Shirai Ryu)

Hayatei(Ronin)

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Ugh all the input errors i was getting make me sick watching myself against Tre. i really need to get my hitbox fixed asap i can't do pad anymore i threw mine out after combo breaker lol.

st9rm

viennality.com
my takeda at the
official mortal kombat cup national finals tournament

pools vs @jokey77
http://www.twitch.tv/streamingxp/b/666783175?t=38m30s

pools:
http://www.twitch.tv/streamingxp/b/666795291?t=52m10s

pools vs @Madzin
http://www.twitch.tv/streamingxp/b/666795291?t=2h000m10s

grand finals:
http://www.twitch.tv/streamingxp/b/666795291?t=2h50m00s

Warner had arcade stations set up, unfortunately the game didn't have the lastest patch, since the stations were traveling all across europe

takeda's d1 and standing 1 were still 10/11f, which makes certain MU's alot harder

i'm just gonna quote myself from the post of may 6th
there will be an offline qualifier for a tourney in paris this sunday
i will win this shit with takeda, and show you guys, how he's supposed to be played.
if i don't win, ignore this post :*
@YOMI Zyphox
@RedRaptor10
@UltraDavid
@Zoidberg747
@CrimsonShadow
@Pleasa

Last edited:

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Here's some footage of my online gameplay last night using Ronin: http://www.twitch.tv/snowboardrx/b/666972922
Just a little after the 1 hour mark you can view matches between myself and @GuerillaTactix playing the Shirai Ryu vs Ronin matchup.
I had alot of fun with this mu really. I made a ton of mistakes but after grinding it out and making small adjustments I started to get a few wins.. I'm glad you recorded these though cuz I intend to watch myself and study those mistakes and get better from it.

A few of my personal critiques:
After a blocked f3 I was trying to poke with d1 and you were blowing me up with njps. I was was laughing at myself because i let it happen so often and its honestly something I do to other people so that was one of those surreal I'm playing a mirror moments. I'll be sure to respect the njp more on the run back.

As far as poke game goes your d3 worked really well. I noticed after I blocked the first one I was blocking high for a follow up attack but was getting hit with a second d3. In general I need to work on that upclose block game that lost me alot of matches. In retrospect theres no need to block high at poke range against Takeda when both OH options are pretty react-able after a blocked d3.

This one hurts the most because I had practiced this sooo much prior to our games but I didn't do teleport cancels NEARLy enough. That becamse a game changer later on when at one point I did two cancels then ran up and grabbed. I'm guessing you were expecting the f3 or something but that was a tool I had been under utilizing alot.

Another big issue was that I rarely converted hits into damage. Alot of hit confirms into kunai combo enders which came back to bite me in the butt more than I can count. I'll work on those things and hopefully the outcome will be different on the next go round. Good games though. i learned alot about myself. lol!

Nortnauq

QUAN CHI FOR DLC
I had alot of fun with this mu really. I made a ton of mistakes but after grinding it out and making small adjustments I started to get a few wins.. I'm glad you recorded these though cuz I intend to watch myself and study those mistakes and get better from it.

A few of my personal critiques:
After a blocked f3 I was trying to poke with d1 and you were blowing me up with njps. I was was laughing at myself because i let it happen so often and its honestly something I do to other people so that was one of those surreal I'm playing a mirror moments. I'll be sure to respect the njp more on the run back.

As far as poke game goes your d3 worked really well. I noticed after I blocked the first one I was blocking high for a follow up attack but was getting hit with a second d3. In general I need to work on that upclose block game that lost me alot of matches. In retrospect theres no need to block high at poke range against Takeda when both OH options are pretty react-able after a blocked d3.

This one hurts the most because I had practiced this sooo much prior to our games but I didn't do teleport cancels NEARLy enough. That becamse a game changer later on when at one point I did two cancels then ran up and grabbed. I'm guessing you were expecting the f3 or something but that was a tool I had been under utilizing alot.

Another big issue was that I rarely converted hits into damage. Alot of hit confirms into kunai combo enders which came back to bite me in the butt more than I can count. I'll work on those things and hopefully the outcome will be different on the next go round. Good games though. i learned alot about myself. lol!
That was an epic match extension to close out the 8th game!
@SnowboardRX makes Ronin look like so much fun.
We should get a private KOTH going so we can mirror each other.

st9rm

viennality.com

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Some matches with @Slips from the Shirai Ryu Dojo last week. I'd put the rest but I don't think anybody wants to watch a 4 hour session lol so I just picked out 6 good ones:
id watch 4 hours .. here and there... just saying .

Also question - where you running forward after the knock down for corner push or to bait/stalemate scorpions wake up takedown/teleport punch ?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
any ronin or lasher videos not posted that yall are aware of on twitch or youtube that are informative to watch. ?

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
thanks man - and by informative i mean any decent play

so i also think you found a new brutality or at least a hidden one.. i havent seen that ronin one before
Not sure which Brutality you're referring to but any of the ones in the video are just your standard ones found in the movelist.

EDIT: I assume the one where he cuts off the legs? That's just the standard 212 brutality that Ronin has.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
its like at the 7:58 mark... yeah .. damn .. for some reason i always thought this was only with SR and Lasher... cause of the whips.. i didnt even consider ronin would have this also ..this is my first time actually seeing it..

as a matter of fact i just watched like 2-3 takeda brutality vids on YT and they didnt have it either...talk about under the radar lol.. i have got to level my Ronin up .