What's new

Tag Mode in MK11

Would you be happy to see tag matches return?

• Total voters

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Personally I'd love to see it come back. My buddies and I had a blast with it in MK9. Would be even better to be able to team up with friends online, not just ones beside you on the couch. Just curious to see where others stand on it, if there's any demand for it.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
As broken as some tag teams were I think the idea and system was awesome. Especially the fact that you and a friend could play together against other people online. And the combo potential was just incredible. Pretty sure tag combos still aren't fully fleshed out from MK9.

Wigy

There it is...
I dont see why not. Even if its just mk9 style which was simple and broken. Gives more replayability than stupid ass ladders with falling turkeys that explode or injustice bots that straight up cheat.

Remember check and tonyt combo videos that shit was hype.

Also anyone who says anything but scorpion and cyrax being the best is silly- any on block touch with cyrax into mb tag was like 50%

Last edited:

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Idk if it's for I3, MK11 or a new IP but with all of the assists available in many of the Multiverse events it sure does seem like NRS are testing the waters for that kind of mechanic. Not so much actual tags but possibly assists.

Anyway, if they didn't really want to worry about balancing that sort of thing I don't see an issue with having another tag mode just for fun online. That way it can be there and if you choose to play it you can, but balance changes won't be made around it.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I wouldn't be sad if they won't bring it back, but if they do, then hell yeah it will be awesome. A Tag Team of Reptile and Scorpion will be sweet.

Speaking of which, I know it's a wild and wishful thinking, but if NRS/WB ever go for MK Vs. DC Universe 2, I think this should be a Tag Team only Fighting Game. That will be cool, and imagine what would happen if you have in addition to Tag Team moves and combos, maybe there will be Tag Team Fatalities! This will be too dope!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
They could bring it back, just don't add Tag assists to it, because the amount of assists in combination with certain character gave them access to move set they shouldn't have making them broke as hell.

Still, the Tag system was very fun.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I think tag/dual fighter games are actually kind of the wave of the future. I'd love to see a legit 2v2 setup for mk11 (assuming balance) like the core game was a team game. Probably not a widely held opinion, bbuuttt still.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I think tag/dual fighter games are actually kind of the wave of the future. I'd love to see a legit 2v2 setup for mk11 (assuming balance) like the core game was a team game. Probably not a widely held opinion, bbuuttt still.
Did you just main-swap?Again?
I give up man, there’s no way to make you stick to one character entirely.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
That's not gonna happen. Every franchise has it's core of gameplay, and if the core of it is of 1V1, they can't change it even in an overtime format. Yes there are other franchises like MVC that started as 1V1 with X-Men: COTA and MSH and only later went to 2V2 which became it's core, but the thing about MVC is that they did at a stage that was still early for the series. Unlike MVC though, MK has been a 1V1 game at it's core for 25 years and only MK9 had the Tag Team mode as an extra feature, and there were also UMK3, MKT, MK4 and MKG that had the 2V2 endurance-style mode. Even MK Vs. DC which was a crossover game just like every MVC game since X-Men Vs. SF, was still a 1V1 only game with no extra Tag mode of any kind.

Of course NRS/WB can still make a Tag Team only game once every several years, like how Bandai Namco have Tekken which is a 1V1 series, but Namco/Bamco also made Tekken Tag Tournament 1 & 2, each after several years with more 1V1 only games in between.

So it will be make much more sense for NRS/WB to go in that route for both MK and IJ, and it is true also for other long time 1V1 franchise such as SF and GG. 1V1 games aren't going anywhere.

Last edited:
Yes please!
I've been saying this for awhile.
It would make sense for mk11 to be a completely tag game, not just a mode.

My team was Shang tsung and Quan Chi.
I had some of the most flashy combos I've ever seen with these two.

( I'm gonna try remember my main one for fun )
Quan: f12trance *switch*
Shang: close up skull f434 far skull Ex far skull
Close up skull 12L1 [ends back with Quan]

Last edited: