What's new

Tech Tactical Spartan Kombat

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Perhaps you should play Alien Substance. ;) Anyway, one more thing about Kratos: Any mention of HIS 'good' normals that might not be used much? I say his because he has really slow normals...so what are his best? I start my combos with f4,2 and 2,1...without exception. lol Any other ones stand out? f2 can be used for hdc's no?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Perhaps you should play Alien Substance. ;) Anyway, one more thing about Kratos: Any mention of HIS 'good' normals that might not be used much? I say his because he has really slow normals...so what are his best? I start my combos with f4,2 and 2,1...without exception. lol Any other ones stand out? f2 can be used for hdc's no?
i have played him, altho its not really fair in a kratos mirror because he can do things under lag that i just plain can't do....mostly cuz i don't like playing online. That being said, he still doesnt like facing my kitana ;)

Any mention of HIS 'good' normals that might not be used much? I say his because he has really slow normals...so what are his best? I start my combos with f4,2 and 2,1...without exception. lol Any other ones stand out? f2 can be used for hdc's no?
His best normals are 1,1,2; 2,1; F+4,2; F+2; and B+1. D+4 is also good for mixing it up every once in a while.
1,1,2 is mainly intended for building meter and for HDC mixups.
2,1 is his best combo-starter, but off of a whiff-punish or other, 1xxHelios is best for that; but that option is not hit-confirmable.
F+2 due to it having a long hitbox property, like Kitana's F+2; and also for being part of the Kratos Trinity of Damage. (F+2xxHDC~F+4,2)
B+1 is Kratos' best anti-air and a B+1xxHelios can lead into Kratos' 40% meterless AA BnB.
F+4,2 because it is his main launcher.
D+4 people who aren't concerned about low-blocking against Kratos.

F+2xxHDC on hit does allow an extended combo, though it has some timing to the HDC.
Don't make me expose ur Phony Pony ass <-<
You amuse me, Axel! Enough with the board-fighting.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
ok i was thinking since kratos is only at -1 with bow at point black range does this mean he would be plus if you chained it to moves with good push back since the arrows travel farther? if so you could get some frame trap pressure by following up with a guaranteed flash parry?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
ok i was thinking since kratos is only at -1 with bow at point black range does this mean he would be plus if you chained it to moves with good push back since the arrows travel farther? if so you could get some frame trap pressure by following up with a guaranteed flash parry?
possible

Yes, it seems so.
The only technique I know that allows an almost-guaranteed blocked Apollo's Bow is F+2,2xxBow; but it works only on hit. By "almost-guaranteed" I mean, I'm not sure if the opponent can crouch the arrows, but it doesn't seem like it.

Hmm.....Apollo's Bow on hit also gives great frame-advantage.