What's new

T-800 Terminator General Discussion Thread

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
Use V3 it fixes those issues. You are able to convert off his F4/B1 and actually get something off D4 max range with let's you outrange Kabals B1.
Terminator has mad range and a very strong wavedash doubling his buttons range but in DF he doesn't really get anything off Those buttons while V3 is safe on block -4 with them and gets setups and combo on hit and has other mind games with grenades to set up +40 on block when they are respecting you conditioning with Amped Ion.

DF has Shotgun Restands that's +16. When ch is strong but V3 deals with kabal so much easier
I will eventually play v3 I have a few times accidentally. I'm just not that good a fighting games yet in my own opinion and I don't want try to throw to much at myself at once it'll make me not want to play. His grenades are super nice from what I have played

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Yea characters that can zone him out and dance out of his f4 range give him issues. He needs to be careful about countepoking.
I was having issues dealing with Shangs Ground Skulls/Straight Skull/Corpse/Soulsteal when spaced properly using Final Judgment but after picking Dark Fate that went away due to Shotgun/Running Man.

I honestly feel several of his MU issues are solved by switching variation.
Another good example of this is:
- Kabals B1 and DB4 range.
When using Dark Fate Its a problem only having F4xxShotgun as his best option and D4 into nothing.
Simply switching to Final Judgment I feel fixes most of that having conversions and very strong and safe setups using Ion Grenade with B1/F4/D4 (30% + Restand and or setups)

I think his variations really do give him many true options and make him excel in different ways more so than the other characters.

Haven't grinded all the MU's to know what his true Bad MU's are yet.

D4 into nothing.
I think d4~Running Man has potential.
He can't tackle immediately and has to wait out the hit stun, but it also means they can't poke back until they're vulnerable to tackle.
If I have this right they can only read tackle or strike and have to either jump or block, but must guess.

And if something is wrong he can cancel run and remain +1

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

I think d4~Running Man has potential.
He can't tackle immediately and has to wait out the hit stun, but it also means they can't poke back until they're vulnerable to tackle.

If I have this right they can only read tackle or strike and have to either jump or block, but have to guess.

And if something is wrong he can cancel run and remain +1
Good point, I do feel V3 has better options off D4.
Don't know about others but I wavedash more I Final Judgment that I do Dark Fate. I thank nk its because he has the running man as primary movement in Dark Fate

Good point, I do feel V3 has better options off D4.
Don't know about others but I wavedash more I Final Judgment that I do Dark Fate. I thank nk its because he has the running man as primary movement in Dark Fate
I'm sure V3 has better options from stray buttons, yes. That seems to be its common thread with the grenade utility.
I wouldn't call running man DF's primary movement despite things; I think it's best to still wave dash and then bust out a run when it looks like the opponent is busy or you read they'll be defensive or something. Catches a lot of people off guard when you're being super careful waving in and then suddenly dash cancel into a sprint.

Mixed with the occasional shotgun check and it's a pretty effective back n forth in my experience, until they bail and resort to full screen zoning. Playing DF really forces you to improve your projectile navigation...

LawAbidingCitizen

I'm sure V3 has better options from stray buttons, yes. That seems to be its common thread with the grenade utility.
I wouldn't call running man DF's primary movement despite things; I think it's best to still wave dash and then bust out a run when it looks like the opponent is busy or you read they'll be defensive or something. Catches a lot of people off guard when you're being super careful waving in and then suddenly dash cancel into a sprint.

Mixed with the occasional shotgun check and it's a pretty effective back n forth in my experience, until they bail and resort to full screen zoning. Playing DF really forces you to improve your projectile navigation...
I just noticed D4xxRM4 is +1 on hit and -20 on block eek.
I do like DF the RM mix is pretty fun. Destroyer on the other hand has like no mix off F2 due to the OS.
I think I'm just stuck on Final Judgment because I like setplay and 7f punishers

So is it just me or everytime I play Terminator there is always one of those: Jade, Kabal, Johny or Frost? I guess people like to counterpick for those sweaty points

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
So is it just me or everytime I play Terminator there is always one of those: Jade, Kabal, Johny or Frost? I guess people like to counterpick for those sweaty points
Jade,Johnny, and frost are because of ect. Kabal has been hidden top tier since day one that's just bad luck

DeftMonk

Noob
what strings can you do into running man kick/tackle and have it safely jail? (if any) I was playing a terminator earlier and just poked through that shit every time. Maybe he was inputting the follow up late I dunno. (don't have terminator)

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
what strings can you do into running man kick/tackle and have it safely jail? (if any) I was playing a terminator earlier and just poked through that shit every time. Maybe he was inputting the follow up late I dunno. (don't have terminator)
Couple things. Once you running man if you input to quickly nothing will happen. Also 121 21 b32 all cancel into running man. You cannot tackle on hit stun so that's. Mind game and boot is jailed

LawAbidingCitizen

It depends on what buttons he used before running man and how fast he canceled.

1. Some strings don't jail and have a pretty big gap.
  2. F4xxRM1 is the easiest and jails
  • 12/21 have gaps and can always be flawless blocked 12 can be poked.
  • 21/B31 have no gap to poke if they do it quick enough. And its pretty hard to FB.
  • F3xxTackle has a huge gap and can be poked and OSed. In fact I posted a thread showing how to jump the Running Man 1.
  • anything into Running Man 3(mid kick) is monumentally safer than tackle.
  • several buttons have hit/blockstun that makes tackle miss if you press to early.
I think the best buttons for RM3 are:
F4
B31

Best buttons for RM Tackle(1) are:
F4 (Has to be delayed on hit)
21 (no delay auto tackles on hit)
B31 (fairly quick delay)
F2 (long delay on hit)
F3 (can be OSed since there is a huge gap, neutral jumpable OS)

DeftMonk

Noob
It depends on what buttons he used before running man and how fast he canceled.

1. Some strings don't jail and have a pretty big gap.
  2. F4xxRM1 is the easiest and jails
  • 12/21 have gaps and can always be flawless blocked 12 can be poked.
  • 21/B31 have no gap to poke if they do it quick enough. And its pretty hard to FB.
  • F3xxTackle has a huge gap and can be poked and OSed. In fact I posted a thread showing how to jump the Running Man 1.
  • anything into Running Man 3(mid kick) is monumentally safer than tackle.
  • several buttons have hit/blockstun that makes tackle miss if you press to early.
I think the best buttons for RM3 are:
F4
B31

Best buttons for RM Tackle(1) are:
F4 (Has to be delayed on hit)
21 (no delay auto tackles on hit)
B31 (fairly quick delay)
F2 (long delay on hit)
F3 (can be OSed since there is a huge gap, neutral jumpable OS)
Ya I learned all that after I bought the man earlier. Honestly im in love with third variation might have to start playing it when I dont feel like rockin Johnny. As a Joker main from injustice the third variation seems hella sick. After labbing for an hour found a bunch of ways to loop the grenades. Also (please feel free to ignore as its all theory crafting and havent played match 1 with this man yet) but for certain matchups like lotus fist Lao.... having a pretty fast unblockable projectile that locks out opponents meter seems like it would extremely neuter their approach to neutral. Btw thanks @LawAbidingCitizen for the post. Was quite thorough.

LawAbidingCitizen

Ya I learned all that after I bought the man earlier. Honestly im in love with third variation might have to start playing it when I dont feel like rockin Johnny. As a Joker main from injustice the third variation seems hella sick. After labbing for an hour found a bunch of ways to loop the grenades. Also (please feel free to ignore as its all theory crafting and havent played match 1 with this man yet) but for certain matchups like lotus fist Lao.... having a pretty fast unblockable projectile that locks out opponents meter seems like it would extremely neuter their approach to neutral. Btw thanks @LawAbidingCitizen for the post. Was quite thorough.
I have a few setup guides on TYM for V3 give them a look.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
So have any of you seen Sonic's gameplay? This character looks OD as fuck if you have the fundamentals and the patience to get past his poor range.
Between that and @LawAbidingCitizen's convincing, I think this just might be the only DLC character I buy, and the only one that'll keep me playing the game.

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
So have any of you seen Sonic's gameplay? This character looks OD as fuck if you have the fundamentals and the patience to get past his poor range.
Between that and @LawAbidingCitizen's convincing, I think this just might be the only DLC character I buy, and the only one that'll keep me playing the game.
He is an ass ton of fun. Good fundamentals and a solid mind game push him so far.