What's new

Match-up Discussion - Grandmaster SZ cannot guaranteed punish Alien Rekka

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
This also happens to Jacqui's ex bf1 (her guarenteed punish).

It's not that huge in the MU for Jacqui IMO.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
It is a shitty situation overall but as far as the overhead option on the 3rd rekka, isn't it slow enough that you could EX shatter it on reaction instead of OSing it on read?

Also how does Mileena get 35% meterless off a raw roll?

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I might have understood wrong, but didn't you prove the video title wrong when you showed reversal EX ice clone punishing it?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I might have understood wrong, but didn't you prove the video title wrong when you showed reversal EX ice clone punishing it?
The idea is that because the second wrecker is so negative on block, if the player decides to stop after the second wrecker, 13 frame armour will punish. If the player leaves a gap, 13 frame armour should also punish. Ex clone isn't a punish if he stops and blocks.

Ecodus

I think the point is that the guarenteed punish is if Alien decides to do the 3rd Rekka or not. No matter what if you OS you get a punish. With the clone if the Alien stops after the 2nd rekka he probably doesn't get frozen. So it's not a punish.

Ecodus

The idea is that because the second wrecker is so negative on block, if the player decides to stop after the second wrecker, 13 frame armour will punish. If the player leaves a gap, 13 frame armour should also punish. Ex clone isn't a punish if he stops and blocks.
We literally answered at the same time, ayyye

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Maybe not the best solution but can't you OS regular slide? Worst case scenario you get out and end up full screen with side switch. I'm sure Tom has tested this (and I won't be able to for a few days) but it seems like it could work out. No bar lost, should punish stagger.

Maybe not the best solution but can't you OS regular slide? Worst case scenario you get out and end up full screen with side switch. I'm sure Tom has tested this (and I won't be able to for a few days) but it seems like it could work out. No bar lost, should punish stagger.
You cannot OS with normal slide because you cannot block in case there is no delay.