What's new

Switching to PC Gaming - Need help

Hey Guys,

With current issues surrounding PS5 and getting one, this feels like a great opportunity to get on board PC Gaming. One problem though, I am clueless about PC specs. The more youtube videos i watch about ideal specs, the more confused I get.

My ask - as a casual MK gamer who will likely only play NRS games, could you guys help me with the perfect gaming PC. Preferably, find a pre-build or configure one from an existing PC maker and post here. Much appreciated. My budget is between $1000 to $2000 CAD

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
There are other users who are certainly more knowledgeable than myself, but from my understanding, NRS games aren't really that tough to run. A $1,000 pre-built PC should have zero issues running just about any fighting game.

Newegg.com is one of my favorite sites for purchasing computer parts and accessories. They have a ton of pre-built models to choose from. Amazon.com is also nice because returns are so easy if anything doesn't work out. Best Buy will have pre-built systems, though they can sometimes be a little pricier than other options.

@Immortal might have better advice for you. Good luck!

Hey Guys,

With current issues surrounding PS5 and getting one, this feels like a great opportunity to get on board PC Gaming. One problem though, I am clueless about PC specs. The more youtube videos i watch about ideal specs, the more confused I get.

My ask - as a casual MK gamer who will likely only play NRS games, could you guys help me with the perfect gaming PC. Preferably, find a pre-build or configure one from an existing PC maker and post here. Much appreciated. My budget is between $1000 to $2000 CAD
Are you in the Toronto area, by chance? If so, I can recommend the place I use who will build the PC for you. You simply buy the parts off of them and they assemble for you.

In terms of hardware, Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate is the latest game so you'll want to at least meet those requirements, if not exceed them, to handle the next game. You can view the game's requirements on steampowered.com .

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I only have two thoughts really.

$2k to build a PC with the intention to play NRS games exclusively seems a bit overkill to me. As @RoboCop pointed out, fighting games are coded to not be crazy demanding, as maintaining a frame rate of 60fps is the top priority.

The recommended PC system requirements for Mortal Kombat 11 are:
  • Processor: Intel Core i3-2100, 3.10 GHz / AMD FX-6300, 3.5 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1400, 3.2 GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 or Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060-6GB / AMD Radeon R9 290 or RX 570
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
Obviously you'd want to go with a better system to cover yourself for future titles, but it certainly won't cost you 2K (even being CAD)

Secondly, you should be aware that the playerbase on PC is a fraction of what you would have on console. I've owned both MKX and MK11 on both PS4 and PC and played on both platforms simultaneously throughout each game's lifespan. No matter what phase the game was in, it always seemed like there was anywhere from 5 to 10 times more players on PS4 than PC. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think crossplay ever made it to the PC version of MK11, so there's no guarantee the next release would have it. But I very well could be wrong, as I stopped playing it on PC about 6 months ago. Just kept playing the same folks over and over again in ranked/KL. Just something to consider.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
If you are trying to build a pc just a to play NRS or even just fighting games in general it just is not worth it. If you plan to play other games though you should plan your build for them and not min requirements for fighting games.

@Cobainevermind87 Correct, the PC version does not have Crossplay.

Having said that, I've been actively playing Kombat League and Kasual matches for a few months now and I don't have issues finding matches. I've only been matched against the same guy more than once only one time.