What's new

Guide - Swarm Queen Swarm Queen Advanced Guide Part I

Is this bitch broke?

• Hells to the yeah...

Votes: 38 26.8%
  • Nah brah, she's low tier

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Eh, pretty descent but not broke, she gotta have some money.

Votes: 83 58.5%
  • She needs to be on the nerf black list...

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Are you sure about pulling off three WGC consecutively like that? I can only pull off one before the stamina bar pulses red.
You can only do 2 WGC in one combo. Even if you have slight stamina meter for the third, the game will not let you do a third one.

I think you guys are talking about different things. To clarify:

You can only do ONE WGC cancel during a combo.

You can do TWO WGC cancels during a blockstring before you have to regenerate stamina.

Reactions: KNX

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
SO: If you didn’t already think she was broken, here is some pretty damn good proof. A safe full stamina string (F112, WGC, F112, WGC, F224) does 8.25% chip AND builds 75% of a bar. So this bitch always got meter. Furthermore! If she’s looking to do some chip: F112, WGC, F112, WGC, F112, MB ovi does a damn fine 12%, and you build 110% of a bar of meter. So you’re burning a bar of meter and not even losing one.
I am going to make sweet love to you.
(no homo)

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
Do the blockstrings still apply after the nerf and then the semi-revert to include the buffer on hit? Thinking of picking up D'Vorah as a dark horse character so just wondering if the guide still applies for the f112 wgc f112 pressure.

Thanks!

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Block strings are different now. I've been dreading changing this section of the guide lol. But basically F112 only is a frame trap into 2 and d4. I haven't tested extensively but possibly also standing 1, her low and overhead can be armored through but not poked out of. So her game is not based on stagger strings and mindgames of when you're going to go for a frame trap or low high mixup, rather than mindless chip and 50/50's that it was previously lol.

delbuster

hungry
isn't f112 run cancel like +11 or something? and her overhead is 16f?
"frame trap" overlaps with other options, as armor can be OS'd out of blockstrings and normal mashing should lose to the high/low anyway.

it's more along the lines of
high/low which auto frame traps
refresh pressure, which sometimes auto frame traps but usually doesn't without using resources
bait armor

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
isn't f112 run cancel like +11 or something? and her overhead is 16f?
"frame trap" overlaps with other options, as armor can be OS'd out of blockstrings and normal mashing should lose to the high/low anyway.

it's more along the lines of
high/low which auto frame traps
refresh pressure, which sometimes auto frame traps but usually doesn't without using resources
bait armor
I encourage you to read my comment above yours. That's exactly what it is now and you've rephrased what I said above, I need to change this section of the guide, it's a work in progress. D'vorah is a little less mindless and harder to use now, which is good. She's very balanced in my opinion.

I'm still having hella difficulty with the back+1 WGC :(. The other three aren't problematic at all. Am I missing something with this one? I get by without it but it would be nice to have in my arsenal

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I'm still having hella difficulty with the back+1 WGC :(. The other three aren't problematic at all. Am I missing something with this one? I get by without it but it would be nice to have in my arsenal
Just gotta keep at it. It's the same timing as 112. Try doing it as b1 qcf 1

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
any tips on linking strings into wasp cancels?
idk why, but I feel like I need to see dvorah run before I do the second string.
I been practicing and am I still can't get them as consistent as I would like to in the f11-wasp cancel combos

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
any tips on linking strings into wasp cancels?
idk why, but I feel like I need to see dvorah run before I do the second string.
I been practicing and am I still can't get them as consistent as I would like to in the f11-wasp cancel combos
You only have to wait until you see the bug come out, for me anyway. After that during the slight run animation, I slide my thumb to 2.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
It's so annoying when you do run cancel and slide your thumb to 2 successfully TTH but instead her f2 comes out. :mad:
Happened to me quite often at the beginning ESPECIALLY from right to left. It was weird I couldn't even get 2 instead of f2 on this site lol

SaJa

FH_FenriR
It's so annoying when you do run cancel and slide your thumb to 2 successfully TTH but instead her f2 comes out. :mad:
That's the point, you don't want to slide your thumb. To get acostumed to the cancel I used to practice f22 rc, 2. Then once I got it, I went for f22 rc 212.

I still trumble for 112 rc 212. Sometimes it doesn't connect so I go for 112 rc 11b2 f112 db4 as a punisher. :/