What's new

Guide - Swarm Queen Swarm Queen Advanced Guide Part I

Is this bitch broke?

• Hells to the yeah...

Votes: 38 26.8%
  • Nah brah, she's low tier

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Eh, pretty descent but not broke, she gotta have some money.

Votes: 83 58.5%
  • She needs to be on the nerf black list...

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Shhhh no one has to know...
Jokes aside great job but seriously I really hope no one reads that we build 75% of a bar with a frame trap that does 7.5% chip damage.

A few minor notes:
1) I don't know if the ingame frame data is correct but 21 should be -2 and not neutral on block whilst 2 is +2 (so we should probably use it more).

2) I think that her meaty U3 deserves a mention as well as her 113 string which is +2 on block, her F42 is also quite useful since, given that you're far enough you react to slow projectiles like sub's one netting a 21% with F4(obviusly misses)2 B12xx air throw.

3) The corner carry on her combos is a very important factor for example I like more
II. 112, WGC, 212, Swarm, F44, 112, Ovi (35%)
than
III. 112, WGC, 212, Swarm, F44, Run, B12 Airthrow (36%)
since it travels half screen and gives you more advantage (but the second one lets you switch sides tho).

4) I'd add a list of her AAs like F1 (this move is insane), D1, JI2, Air grab.

5) I think that a brief description of her special moves would really complement well this guide and I'd like to see each section title with a different color but its just my personal preference.

6) Excellent stuff btw :)
Thanks :) Personally I also prefer the f112 Ovi because it pushes them farther away, however, it also gives them to chance to tech roll whereas airthrow does not. So you lose pressure options. It's a give and take. I was pretty sure I changed all the 2 and 21 frame data because the patch came out while I was making this, did I say 21 was neutral somewhere? And that's a good idea, I'll put those strings in there.

Idk if it's just me but I can not do F112 WGC three times. After I do F112 WGC, F112..I can get the wasp grenade cancel again but she won't run. She just dashes forward which means all pressure is lost.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Idk if it's just me but I can not do F112 WGC three times. After I do F112 WGC, F112..I can get the wasp grenade cancel again but she won't run. She just dashes forward which means all pressure is lost.
Your execution needs to be tighter. You need to cancel the run faster

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
You cant WGC three times, only twice. So F112 WGC F112 WGC and then you run out of stamina. That is unless there was something patched or a new development but im pretty sure you can only do it twice.
I think he is talking about doing F112 three times in general

Altsa

You need to cancel the run after the first WG pretty much instantly or it wont allow you to do another WGC.(Even though you likely have 1 and 1/3 of a stamina bar left)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
No, I think he wants to do 3 F112s with the full stamina bar, which is possible, but he runs out of stamina during the 2nd cancel
So your telling me you can do f112 WGC F112 WGC f112 WGC? Because I remember Krayzie saying you could only do it twice.

And even then , why would you want to do that since off of F112 WGC you get a free 50/50?

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
So your telling me you can do f112 WGC F112 WGC f112 WGC? Because I remember Krayzie saying you could only do it twice.

And even then , why would you want to do that since off of F112 WGC you get a free 50/50?
You can cancel twice but you can do the string three times. It's a chip damage thing.

You have any tips on the timing of it? The window seems EXTREMELY tight. Out of every 30 attempts I'll get it once and u just did that shit flawlessly. Lol
When I first started to learn WGC timing, I practiced by breaking it down into two parts:

1) Timing the dash ASAP after the Wasp Grenade. An early mistake I made was holding the wasp longer than I needed to, and that made linking anything impossible. The timing for the dash is learned fairly easily by just doing F112 x DF[1]~FF and familiarizing yourself with when D'vorah starts her dash and you should attempt the run cancel.

2) Canceling the dash ASAP into Run~Attack. This is the part you'll have to grind out in the training room. I was waiting too long after the run before attacking. To practice, I go to the training room stage and put the dummy in the corner and set it to block always. I find linking into 2 is the easiest, so I will practice DF[1]~FF~Block~2. The FF~Block~2 part should be done in consecutive order ASAP (a piano input if you are familiar with the term) and, if done correctly, the 2 will not hit the opponent and D'vorah's foot will not have moved behind the line.

Once I feel comfortable with the second part, I start to combine them. That's about it. Good luck.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
Yep. D'vorah's run cancels are one of the harder ones in the game, I feel there's only a couple of frames before Wasp Cancel comes out where you can start buffering dash without unbuffering Wasp Grenade (Yay.) The faster you buffer the dash, the more time you have to link a followup.

I'm not sure if this is the case with b1, however. Everyday I have more and more questions for Ed Boon, lol.

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
Are you sure about pulling off three WGC consecutively like that? I can only pull off one before the stamina bar pulses red.