What's new

Swamp Thing Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I wonder if the vines and the Noob Saibot best buddy attack are actually grabs or not.

The best buddy grab seems like a prime candidate for being a gear move, as it's kinda janky looking.

Mr. Freeze

Green Lantern and Grodd Main
Looks like a couple of moves are Grundy inspired. Looks to have amazing range on his normals and strings.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I have been waiting years for this moment and the trailer didn't disappoint. I'm still hoping he'll have at least a couple of decent set-ups, maybe off that log roll or some shit, but even if he's just a ranged grappler with good spacing/footsies/whiff-punishing normals I'm still as all in as ever.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!

That video description doesn't match what that video is, but other then that, I guess he is a zoner grappler hybrid.
Since this is the dude who works for IGN and went to NRS to play it.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I would be inclined to agree if he didn't have that meterburn out of it to do a fucking shoryuken that launches.
That is a separate special move, some kind of teleport thing.

You can see at a few points in the video when he is doing a special that involves down, he sinks into the ground for like a milla second.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
No joke, Swamp Things super and win pose may be the best in NRS history.

1. Pull you into the swampy earth helplessly from your ankles
2. Giant swamp fists
3. Break back
4. Pull them out and wave them around in giant swampy hand while making WWAAAHHHHHAAAHHH swamp monster noises
5. Literally "plant" them face down ass up back in the ground

Its Bane from IGAU tier in design and I can only hope Bane's super in 2 lives up to this in terms of both personality and presentation.

D. R.

Noob
I'm not a fan of DC but this character has intrigued me. So, I plan to break this character. This is as close to Noob as I'm getting til Swamp Thing's move set is recycled for MK11. I'm cool with it. Got my CEO 2017 entrance song already selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.