What's new

Swamp Thing Matchup Discussion Thread

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Did I just see an argument for Swamp Thing's clone beating Batman? lol wut

Batman v Swamp was close to 3-7 in Bat's favor in the early game and it's probably dropped to 4-6 with his nerfs + Swamp buffs, but I don't think there's much of an argument for Swamp Thing beating a good Batman player lol. MMMAYBE 5-5 with the latest patch, but it's still too early to tell.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Did I just see an argument for Swamp Thing's clone beating Batman? lol wut

Batman v Swamp was close to 3-7 in Bat's favor in the early game and it's probably dropped to 4-6 with his nerfs + Swamp buffs, but I don't think there's much of an argument for Swamp Thing beating a good Batman player lol. MMMAYBE 5-5 with the latest patch, but it's still too early to tell.
Keep in mind Rye didnt have MU experience BUT I played a long set with him post patch and when he played batman it felt 6-4 his favor. Games were absurdly close and every time I won I just had a gigantic sigh of relief. Made for fun stream material. If you wanna watch that set it's saved on my twitch I think.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
Update: Yeah, the guy I was playing just wasn't that good. Batman zones him *fullscreen*, but if you can make a trade with one batarang anticipating another, you're in the driver's seat with clone. It's still pretty great being able to have the option to throw off his rhythm, take a mechanical bat away, and force him to come to you. That shouldn't be downplayed.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
What’s a 100% reliable corner combo that sets up trait and leaves the opponent left standing on the garden

D. R.

Noob
I wasn't sure if I should just make a new thread, but since we're talking setups/tech, can someone tell me if this was known?
I've been doing it a bit since the patch dropped but I set it up with bf3(MB), b23, f23xxlog. The combo is good for corner carry. I still find myself just taking my damage most of the time though with a more damaging combo.

Offline vs. Online is probably the issue for you now since the frame gap difference between string OHs and log has been minimized for ST. A couple frames lag makes all the difference with blocking and/or punishing.
that would make sense it was so easy prepatch now i get it like half the time

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
Block it out, and D1xDB 2 MB. Which is my way of saying I too, need help.
Lol this made my day.

His D12 pretty much says no to your wakeups, so when knocked down midscreen I backdash almost every time until they're conditioned. I've had a lot of success with that, 90% of the time it works every time.

The corner I also struggle with, but... If they're still trying for a D12 to stuff wakeup, you can always pushblock? (I don't take my own advice but it would be the smart thing to do.)

D12 - D12 is not a very common tactic so unless they're all about their Flash kicks you should be fine to press buttons (B2, 11), just don't bother backdashing and DO NOT D1. Respect his plus frames off of B22-RMS but literally only that. Say no thank you to shimmies. 11 is life.

Lol this made my day.

His D12 pretty much says no to your wakeups, so when knocked down midscreen I backdash almost every time until they're conditioned. I've had a lot of success with that, 90% of the time it works every time.

The corner I also struggle with, but... If they're still trying for a D12 to stuff wakeup, you can always pushblock? (I don't take my own advice but it would be the smart thing to do.)

D12 - D12 is not a very common tactic so unless they're all about their Flash kicks you should be fine to press buttons (B2, 11), just don't bother backdashing and DO NOT D1. Respect his plus frames off of B22-RMS but literally only that. Say no thank you to shimmies. 11 is life.
Thanks, I'll try it out.

Ok I talked to notion l burrito and he said swamp vs flash is 5-5 but I'm just not seeing it. This character is boiling my blood, especially the j2. What is your guys weakness and how do I exploit it!?

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Ok I talked to notion l burrito and he said swamp vs flash is 5-5 but I'm just not seeing it. This character is boiling my blood, especially the j2. What is your guys weakness and how do I exploit it!?
Guess right, keep meter for clash.

There is no counter to 50/50s

Sorry