What's new

Swamp Thing Combos & Tips with DJA Homies

D. R.

Noob
Yeah...

- 11xxVine Grab DOES NOT tick. There is no reason not to duck here. A smart player will blow that shit up. It's not a thing.
- b232xxdb2(MB) DOES NOT jail, even in the corner. The opponent can duck the db2 and backdash before the MB comes out.
- You can combo into trait in the corner and put the opponent in it with Vine Grab or Green Thumb restand. No reason to drop the combo to pop trait anymore.

"Pro" strats. You're welcome.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
cool stuff.

I think there is a lot of down play on Swamp Thing.. I hope we get to see more pros putting in time. He is sure to get some attention in the next patch, and already has a new air dash move spoiled in Manta trailer (cross fingers it is not a gear move!). I expect that he will get a lot more use in the next season of the pro series and people that have kept him in the pocket will start to give him more main game time. I think it was telling that that Bio was able to take a round of Fox with Swampy. Though maybe there was a MU knowledge thing as he is so rare.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
cool stuff.

I think there is a lot of down play on Swamp Thing.. I hope we get to see more pros putting in time. He is sure to get some attention in the next patch, and already has a new air dash move spoiled in Manta trailer (cross fingers it is not a gear move!). I expect that he will get a lot more use in the next season of the pro series and people that have kept him in the pocket will start to give him more main game time. I think it was telling that that Bio was able to take a round of Fox with Swampy. Though maybe there was a MU knowledge thing as he is so rare.
I really don't think there is much down play. I think it's realistic honesty from people who've put in work. When you play against somebody who really knows the matchup, Swampy is pretty fucked...while against someone who doesn't, you can get away with a ton of bullshit (moreso than most purely from the variety of things he can do).

If he isn't changed at all for the rest of the games life, expect him to sit on his throne of snapped twigs near the bottom of the pile of IJ2 characters.

Realistically though, I do expect him to get some buffs to bring him up.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Swamp Thing thrives on ppl not knowing the matchup. Literally any half-way competent player who knows when and where to push buttons vs him can counterpick and absolutely body him free.

He's not better than ppl think. He might have some okay matchups that ppl don't see much (Flash, Canary) but your really common tournament picks absolutely obliterate him (Supes, Bats, Deadshot).