What's new

Support Galloping Ghost Arcade by Helping Them Expand Their List of Games

ZAQ

Banned

Unless you are completely out of the loop you have probably heard of Galloping Ghost Arcade (GGA) by now. They support a lot of big names in our community by sponsoring them so that they can get trasportation to events and have an amazing arcade for the entire team to play at any time of the week. Not to mention they also host events where the cast of the original arcade games and developers of the present games are in attendance.

Currently, GGA hosts over 410 arcade titles, making it the largest arcade in the United States. They clearly put their heart into what they do by creating new control panels (like 2v2 MK9), expanding cabinets to reach their maximum potential (upgrading all NeoGeo cabinets to 6 slots), adding new features to old games to improve their design, or creating entirely new cabinets and artwork for games that never had an arcade release (all current fighters).

On top of all of this, they are still trying to expand their list of games so they can create an even more enjoyable experience and atmosphere for players at their arcade by purchasing more space and rare games that most people probably would never get to play in their lifetime. They are holding a fundraiser to help them reach their goal so that they can provide these new games under the same price as they have charged for an all-day pass to the arcade @ $15.

Please consider supporting the largest arcade in America (and one of the last!) by donating to this great cause.

Donation links: http://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/fundraiser/home.html
Their New Twitter: @GGhostArcade

Galloping Ghost Arcade
9415 Ogden Ave.
Brookfield, Illinois 60513

Last edited:

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I love this arcade to death and I love the fact that it's only a three hour drive away from me.

But it's more than just an arcade. It's a great social place for people to meet up and hang out at. It's great for those guys that are on their first date and they want to try and find a way to break the ice or make the date more memorable. It's a great place for those who want to reminisce about their gaming childhood. And the fact that it's run by individuals who are obviously passionate about it just makes it that much more special.

I will be donating when I head up there, next week.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Let us sweeten this deal shall we?

As @GGA Fill Pops said, make sure to listen to KTP for special goodies. But...I present to you the SaucyJack donation tier list. For all of these just make sure to put "SaucyJack" in the notes so we know it's for this and you get your prize. Also, include your handle, so we can show love all over GBS for you.

$10.00 - This is your chance to inexpensively rename me. I will use a handle of your choosing (keep it clean ladies and gents) for one week of GBS.

$50.00 - Have you ever wanted your name to be held in musical triumph? I will write and record a song singing about how godlike you are, and post it on TYM for the world to drink in.

$100.00 - Have you ever wanted to be a real life MU cop, but no one agrees with what you say? Have no more fear. I will follow you around the forum for an entire month, making lucid, well thought out arguments backing up ANY MU argument you make. You think Joker Beats Superman 8-2? So do I. You can one button parry F2, and I'll give you many more reasons if you hit this donation threshold. Hold that Clark Kent.

Thanks for supporting the Galloping Ghost Arcade everyone. It's an amazing place.

Keyword SaucyJack for fun!

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM

As @GGA Fill Pops said, make sure to listen to KTP for special goodies. But...I present to you the SaucyJack donation tier list. For all of these just make sure to put "SaucyJack" in the notes so we know it's for this and you get your prize. Also, include your handle, so we can show love all over GBS for you.

$10.00 - This is your chance to inexpensively rename me. I will use a handle of your choosing (keep it clean ladies and gents) for one week of GBS.

$50.00 - Have you ever wanted your name to be held in musical triumph? I will write and record a song singing about how godlike you are, and post it on TYM for the world to drink in.

$100.00 - Have you ever wanted to be a real life MU cop, but no one agrees with what you say? Have no more fear. I will follow you around the forum for an entire month, making lucid, well thought out arguments backing up ANY MU argument you make. You think Joker Beats Superman 8-2? So do I. You can one button parry F2, and I'll give you many more reasons if you hit this donation threshold. Hold that Clark Kent.

Thanks for supporting the Galloping Ghost Arcade everyone. It's an amazing place.

The $100 would be worth the lolsiest month I would ever have.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

OH

MY

LANTA

best gimmicks ever.

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
Premium Supporter

Best $50 i'll ever spend, but it better be epic i mean a full song length, $50 a piece if you get @GGA 16 Bit , @GGA Fill Pops and @GGA Slips to add a verse aswell

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Thanks you to the TYM staff and @ZAQ in particular for highlighting our fundraiser on the front page. We will not only be adding more floor space for more arcade games and full-time access to the pinball area, but in expanding we will also be able to have a much larger console area for hosting casuals and Ghost Battle Series events. We are looking into a PC area that will also double as streaming PC's for the consoles as well as being used for PC gaming. Full details on our plans are listed here. Again we appreciate anything that is donated! If you don't have the means to help right now, its also really helpful to share the donation link via social media to spread the word, as well.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Premium Supporter
News Editor
I am donating 10 dollars this Friday. All I ask in return is when I finally make it out to GGA, we can do a 1 time MK9 tourney ala GBS. :cool:

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Oh god I really need $100 of disposable income.

Also I want to see M2Dave donate $100 then proceed to troll everyone by saying Deathstroke loses every single matchup in the game.

TWISTED_ANIMALITY

PSN: EMPEROR_TWISTED
If someone donates 200 dollars and puts TomBrady'sMom as a comment or whatever, TomBradysMom will wear a dress a wig and a tom brady face mask at one GBS... Lmao I'm 100% serious

TWISTED_ANIMALITY

PSN: EMPEROR_TWISTED
Thanks you to the TYM staff and @ZAQ in particular for highlighting our fundraiser on the front page. We will not only be adding more floor space for more arcade games and full-time access to the pinball area, but in expanding we will also be able to have a much larger console area for hosting casuals and Ghost Battle Series events. We are looking into a PC area that will also double as streaming PC's for the consoles as well as being used for PC gaming. Full details on our plans are listed here. Again we appreciate anything that is donated! If you don't have the means to help right now, its also really helpful to share the donation link via social media to spread the word, as well.
Mannn this sounds awesome, specially for us people who actually visit the arcade! I'm more then happy to assist by prostituting myself for donations! There's only one thing GGA will be missing to be perfect..... Ticket redemption games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!