What's new

Superman Unchained #1 Spoilers/Discussion

How fo you rate SU # 1?

• Total voters

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Since this has been pretty much the most hyped up comic of the month I thought this deserved it's own thread.Plus,It can start my own series of review threads if I aint bored.So here is my spoiler thread for.......SUPERMAN UNCHAINED!!!!!!!!!Chained,chained,chained,chained.

SUMMARY:
It alls starts during WWII Japan.It's then showned that the Hiroshima bombing was the work of a Blue Superhuman. Now in present time Superman reminences about his youth in Smallville before crashing through a giant spaceship.It's revealed that 8 objects are falling from space towards Earth.Supes has already taken care of 6 while sending the 7th crashing to an abandoned Army base near the ocean.Now the 8th object is a goverment built sentient space station that attacks Supes.Supes uses his powers in creative ways like using his heat vision to simulate an early atmosphere reentry an use his x-ray to go gamma to destroy the ships battery. Blah Blah Superman saves the day and hears that a cyber terrorist group called Ascension might behind this but he has an idea of his own.

Superman stops a runaway helicopter with Lex chillin inside.When he is questioned about his involtment in the attack due to the tech being similar to his past work he says such tech was stolen years ago(he also calls it his former homework).He also shows off an origami version of his latest project: A biotech giant tree that's powered by solar energy that will give free energy to Metropolis as well as bear fruit.
Lois calls Clark and tells him that his report was wrong: The seventh sattelite crashed in the ocean and not the military base.Supes goes to investigate and finds the sat at the bottom of the sea with a mark of a hand on it's side.he is then hit with a US missile.

The military goes silent since they know Superman will hear them if they talk. Meanwhile it's revealed the abandoned base is actually a front for a base filled with weapons lead by General Lane(Lois' dad for those who dont know). Then comes the twist: Not only do they have a superhuman on captivity(who they call the REAL Superman) but he has been working for the goverment for 75 years.
TO BE CONTINUED.........

Thoughts?I'll give mine later.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I found it meh. It just felt like they rehashed Flashpoint and threw in some Lex/

Nothing new, and a waste of a 52 slot = Kano tier.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
wasn't superman unchained the one with brainiac?
...I'm being an idiot. I was talking about Man of Steel with a friend earlier and I was stupidly thinking we're talking about that.

I liked the Superman Unbound animated movie, Doomsday was better, Public Enemies is sort of my favourite but that's him & Batman.

...I'm being an idiot. I was talking about Man of Steel with a friend earlier and I was stupidly thinking we're talking about that.

I liked the Superman Unbound animated movie, Doomsday was better, Public Enemies is sort of my favourite but that's him & Batman.
I was dumb to, i was thinking about Unbound