What's new

Superman Trait Cancel Frame-Data

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Since I've been seeing a lot of confusion surrounding Superman's trait cancels such as "they're either neutral or negative" or "F23 Trait is minus", here are the actual numbers with video proof because it's getting annoying:
F2: +2 minimum
F23: +2 minimum
3: -1 maximum

Tested against Aquaman's 6f D1. What I found testing against Firestorm's 8f reversal:
F2: +2 (9f Standing 1 beats 8f Charge)
F23: +1 (9f Standing 1 trades with 8f Charge)
3: -2 (6f D1 trades with 8f Charge)

Verdict:
F2: +2 against reversals, +3 otherwise
F23: +1 against reversals, +2 otherwise
3: -2 against reversals, -1 otherwise

Since the fastest meterless reversal in this game is currently 8f, the latter number should be your primary concern.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I thought it was common knowledge that he was +1 or 2 off of F2 and F23 into trait but this is good to have on video.

His S3 into trait used to be super plus in Inj1 but not that case anymore.

Since f23 into trait cancel is +2, and f2 is 8 frames, does that mean f23 into trait cancel into f2 has a six frame gap? I've been trying to see if I could interrupt it as Cyborg (6 frame jab) but at the bare minimum I just trade.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Since f23 into trait cancel is +2, and f2 is 8 frames, does that mean f23 into trait cancel into f2 has a six frame gap? I've been trying to see if I could interrupt it as Cyborg (6 frame jab) but at the bare minimum I just trade.
f23~4 is +1 you'd need a 5 frame normal (or a 6 frame reversal) to beat an 8 frame normal. 6 frame normals will trade.

The gap is big enough however to parry/counter. If trait didn't break armour it would be big enough to mb b/f3 out of as well.

f23~4 is +1 you'd need a 5 frame normal (or a 6 frame reversal) to beat an 8 frame normal. 6 frame normals will trade.

The gap is big enough however to parry/counter. If trait didn't break armour it would be big enough to mb b/f3 out of as well.
Gah, this whole time I thought I could beat it out. Good to know though. I wish this game had a multiple record feature like tekken, to see if I could option select between his options after f23 into trait. :(