What's new

Tech Superman: The Godliness of Standing 3

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
What's Superman's standing 3, beyond it's literal name?

It's a ten frame, mid-hitting normal with a big hitbox, both standing and as an anti air. It's range is good as well. In a sense, it's like Shang Tsung's F4 in MK9, minus the anti-air aspect.

A good way to start it off is from Superman's jump 3. If hit correctly, your opponent can't even Super out of J3 into standing 3.

The one thing some people don't realize about standing 3 is that when it's canceled into trait, you're at about +1,000,000 on block.

Now I don't literally mean +1,000,000 (If I had to guess, I'd say +12-15 {edited from me saying +25-30 due to common sense, my fault} ), but below is a list of frame traps I have looked into with this.

You can NOT armor, Super, or backdash these strings under any circumstances.
(Tested against Superman's Super)

1. 3, trait, 223 (this sets up Superman's classic 50/50 off his 223 or 22scoop).
2. 3, trait, 3
3. 3, trait, 11 (leaves you at +2 for a free f23 check)
4. 3, trait, f23 (or f2d1)

You can NOT Super, armor, or counterpoke this. It must be teched.

1. 3, trait, throw (You can backdash if its just to the frame...but what if Superman does f23.

You can NOT armor, or interrupt these with a 6-7 frame move
(tested against Lex's corp charge and Deathstroke's sword flip)

1. 3, trait, instant dive punch
2. 3, trait, b1

What does this mean? Superman has a 50/50 off an instant dive punch or his back 1 (the low laser combo starter)

Sometimes your 6 frame move will interrupt this string (between 3 and heat zap), sometimes it wont.
1. 3, trait, 3, heat zap. (Tested against Lex's corp charge and Deathstroke's sword flip)

You can duck and punish the heat zap on a read, but what if the Superman player does 3, trait, 3, heat vision? This is also a frame trap against 90% of the cast if spaced correctly.

I feel if NRS nerfs the hitbox on F23, his standing 3 is going to be a huge asset in his pressure game as it sets up a plethora of deadly options and vortexs against your opponent, both safe and unsafe.

Happy frame trapping, Superman community!

Sajam
Red Reaper
SatsuiYesHadou
EGP Wonder_Chef
@RDK|Tyrant
Krayzie
LEGEND (dat lab monster Supes)

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Do you believe Superman hasn't been developed enough by the community because they have been concentrating on his core day 1 strengths?

This is a legit find and very terrifying. Good work regardless.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
This is gawdlike theo. I also was messing around a bit with trait cancel pressure but didn't find anything that great just stuff that involves 22, 11, and b2 after a trait cancel. I been mostly working on zoning :rolleyes:

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
When Prometheus gave fire to man he was condemned to be feasted upon vultures for eternity.

I can only imagine what punishment you will be given for giving Superman players useful tech beyond f23
That fucking sucks ass for Prometheus.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
That leaves you at +30. VGGS.
Trait cancel that leads to advantage and 50-50's off a block string...hmm I remember those glory days quite fondly :). It will be interesting to see if NRS has a double standard with their nerfing. But for the record I supported the KF nerfs because blockstrings into 50-50s were mad cheap.

GGA Max

Oh, didn't the Superman community say Supes was at the height of his game and that he didn't have a moveset to significantly evolve on... :rolleyes:

Good find OP.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Oh, didn't the Superman community say Supes was at the height of his game and that he didn't have a moveset to significantly evolve on... :rolleyes:

Good find OP.

I believe has combos have been optimized but stuff is still being discovered about the character beyond "F23".

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
You contradicted yourself about a month ago, shall I go find your posts to blow you up here?

Sure, if I did say some stuff like that then that's on me. I remember saying his strings beyond F23 weren't very good and that his mixup game was ass as far as 223/scoop went but I don't remember more than that.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Trait cancel that leads to advantage and 50-50's off a block string...hmm I remember those glory days quite fondly :). It will be interesting to see if NRS has a double standard with their nerfing. But for the record I supported the KF nerfs because blockstrings into 50-50s were mad cheap.

Killer Frost did not have a trait cooldown and her 50/50 was safe for both options.

GGA Max

Yeah, you're right Compbros you never said that, it was this dude I was thinking of, my bad.

TJ Casters
"Superman is, by design, a very basic character. He lacks the depth that allows other characters such as Catwoman to evolve. He is very straightforward, which means it'll be harder for him to evolve."
-July 25th, 2013

Mt Mutombo

Banned
When Prometheus gave fire to man he was condemned to be feasted upon vultures for eternity.

I can only imagine what punishment you will be given for giving Superman players useful tech beyond f23
I think i like you know.

Nice tech man, the rich get richer;)

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Inb4 Sajam says he knew about all this tech as well as the corner reversal, and continues to get bopped by every Superman in sight.

<3 You Steve.
I thought 3 trait left you at like plus 5 or something like that. Holy fuck plus 25-30? Also, thanks for tagging me in Superman tech, because this shit is awesome.

Also, I play NW, so losing to Supes makes sense. It's like a gazelle being eaten by a lion.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
I thought 3 trait left you at like plus 5 or something like that. Holy fuck plus 25-30? Also, thanks for tagging me in Superman tech, because this shit is awesome.

Also, I play NW, so losing to Supes makes sense. It's like a gazelle being eaten by a lion.
Do you think this tech could potentially make the SM NW matchup 5-5 as opposed to 6-4 Nightwing? Or can Nightwing just spam flying graysons and wingdings and keep it 6-4?