What's new

Superman Gameplay Videos (Pro/Tournament/casual)

gibster13

A fan of fans
Hey,

I remember on the old forums always watching videos of high level play and how it really helped. Feel free to post videos of yourself or others in order to help your fellow Kryptonian out

See attached videos of

Slayer @Tweedy @EMPEROR_THEO and myself

Tweedy had a great run recently would watch seeing as it is also high level

Post-Release Week 1 Patch 1

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
It's probably in the best interest of the thread and future posts to include the date the sets were played (or posted) on OR the patch of the game so people aren't learning outdated stuff in the future.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Good thread, I'll repost my Pathtopro week 1 top 8 matches. All the games were played on May 21st

Last edited:

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Is the superman Theo cause Theo has facial hair and started playing Tom in the mirror. I don't think the superman was @EMPEROR_THEO can someone confirm?
Also do whe have a list of all the gear superman can get yet cause I want that S from that random set that was generated with that superman player fighting Tom.

Last edited:

gibster13

A fan of fans
Sup,

Myself vs Ketchup (I have never played a brainiac before and never played as him, cba to do the story lol)

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Here is my defeat vs Sakr0n in the Pathtopro week 3. Any advice is welcome, I kinda struggle vs Aquaman....also, I shoulnd't have lost the 3rd match, it frustrated me and couldn't keep doing well in the end. Last game was free

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.

Looking for critiques on my FT5 with Compbros!
Just my thoughts and things I noticed.

1) Too aggressive: I think you are WAY TOO aggressive. Play neutral, that's what the game is all about. It's not like mkx where you just RDK your opponent all day long. Even if it was, superman can't do that because breath is -1. Compbros exploited the fact that there was never a moment where you were just waiting to see what he was doing, and you would eventually run head first into his fists.

2) Your approach: You were aproaching from the air too much, and he punished you for it constantly. CC's d2 is one of the best in the game so to keep jumping at or air dashing in on him is free damage and a trait charge for him, which he will gladly take. You were also MB rolling way too much. Remember that trait and meter are supermans life and blood. This is where he gets all his damage from. Throwing those away on roll so much, especially only to get punished for it is a waste. And you used so much meter that when you finally did hit him, he flat out didn't care.

3) Your Pressure: The times that you did get in you weren't really able to make anything happen. You would get in but he never respected your pressure because it was stale and predictable. He would d1 you EVERY time you trait canceled. You should have F23 traited d1/ trait d1 scooped him to check him make him aware that you aren't going to let himdo that for free. You should also be using F2 trait cause it's +2. When you just end in breath back off sometimes to see how they like to react because in the end that is supermans pressure, it's a guess, they will either block, press something, or back dash. Dash punch (depending on the character) usually covers back dashing and the d1 option. If you think they are gonna jump which most times they only do this in the corner, meet them in the air with a J1. You can also Slayer and trait nj2 to catch the button press.

4) Knock Down: This was my biggest issue with that set, EVERY time you knocked him down he woke up. Do not ever no matter the character that you are fighting, let your opponent realize that they can get up for free. MB B3/F3 him to death!! Hit him like he stole your last paycheck all while eating your food, and wearing your clothes. He needs to know very early on that wake up wall every knock down is not an option. He does it because it's a fully invincible wake up.
Blow him up for that.

5) Footies: Remember that Compbros also plays superman and is a damn good one. He knows what you wanna do, where you wanna stand, and what your frame data is. He would d1 check you in neutral a lot walk back and wait for you to counter poke, whiff and then whiff punish you. Compromised with the fact that he plays CC who recovers like he's on crack head with a speed cocktail on the side it's hard for Supes to whiff punish him anyway. That being said, it is still doable. If you see him doing that don't d1 cause that's what his is waiting for, use F2 cause CC d1 is -4 I believe. He steps out of your d1 range but he is still VERY much within F2 range. Don't be afraid to also just do F2xxbreath depending on the spacing. It's very much hit confirmable in this game and can add to your pressure and mind games within pressure as well as neutral. Also you need to take note that CC's best normals speed wise are mostly highs so exploite that.

6) The Corner: Finally we have come full circle. We are in the place where Superman was born, where he becomes truely...super. But in the set when you put him in the corner, he never cared. He would get out for free with ice wall. No mater what is happening, or where you are, ALWAYS throw the opponent into the corner. Superman is fucking STUPID in the corner. You can be down by a bar an half, as long you you hit them and their back is against the wall, 2 and half combos and your back in the game. Honestly the opponent will probably clash before they let you hit them the second time. That said also work on optimizing your combos cause the ones your doing are short changing yourself by a whole lot. There is literally imo NEVER a reason to F23 twice in a combo, unless you have no meter.

Summary: All in all you just need to work on those things. This isn't me beating you up or picking on you, these are just things I see and things that I have done that have done wonders for me in my superman play. I used to be super aggressive and just tunnel visioned too, but when I fought good players, especially ones that knew my ranges and where I wanted to be, I ended getting bent over turned around and told to hold their pocket, while being forced to cuddle with Bubba. Not a good feeling. Just take some time and over all think about what I said and even if you don't look at this beyond this one time, I emplore you, please just slow down your game play, that alone will do wonders for you. You have 200 plus seconds their is NO reason to rush.

Last edited: