What's new

Breakthrough Superman Corner Vortex

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I came up with this after Sonic Fox explained to me that in addition to whiffing normals, using certain traits after capture states resets the combo, and the result is basically a standing guessing game. With Superman, we no longer have to worry about tech rolled divebombs, because the opponent is now forced to make a decision on their feet. I tested this on Sonic Fox in training to make sure I could choose to crossup or not. If you do the Divebomb slightly over their head, it crosses up, and you still have the option to do instant air Divebomb, along with B1 and F3 for true 50/50s. If they block F3, who cares, you still have frame advantage.

TLDR: Optimal BNB into Ice Breath, raw trait, then high/low mixup. EVOLUTION!!!!

Last edited:
DMS why are you always listening to rap music when recording tech videos?
EDIT: I just realized how much damage that did dear god

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
You can also create ambiguous j3/vs j3 crossup off a nj2 if you still wanna mix them up and not dive-bomb right away, into this above mixup. It will kill them unless of course, they don't clash. Good stuff

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
I came up with this after Sonic Fox explained to me that in addition to whiffing normals, using certain traits after capture states resets the combo, and the result is basically a standing guessing game. With Superman, we no longer have to worry about tech rolled divebombs, because the opponent is now forced to make a decision on their feet. I tested this on Sonic Fox in training to make sure I could choose to crossup or not. If you do the Divebomb slightly over their head, it crosses up, and you still have the option to do instant air Divebomb, along with B1 and F3 for true 50/50s.

TLDR: Optimal BNB into Ice Breath, raw trait, then high/low mixup.

So am I understanding this properly? Activating trait after mb breath resets the combo?

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
So am I understanding this properly? Activating trait after mb breath resets the combo?
Yes.

You can also create ambiguous j3/vs j3 crossup off a nj2 if you still wanna mix them up and not dive-bomb right away, into this above mixup. It will kill them unless of course, they don't clash. Good stuff
I've been working on something better with hard knockdown, forward air dash, J2 or J3 on descent. It crosses up randomly. Will not post a thread until I perfect it.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Yes.

I've been working on something better with hard knockdown, forward air dash, J2 or J3 on descent. It crosses up randomly. Will not post a thread until I perfect it.

If you can get it to be a calculated move vs random that would be tight esp on a hkd.....

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
If you can get it to be a calculated move vs random that would be tight esp on a hkd.....
I've been doing D3. When I test the J2 on descent, I either land on the other side, or I hit them while they're facing the corner. Not sure how to make it consistent yet. If someone beats me to this, feel free to post.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I don't see the point of this for Supes.. His divebombs already otg and nullify wake ups... Plus you sacrifice damage.

I guess it's good for online.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
No. It blocks both ways after the roll when done correctly.
That isn't true. If it was, I would never get hit by dive punches ever.

With really good timing it crosses up even if they tech roll. @MF SLAYER does it perfectly, he's the only one I've seen to have such perfect timing with the dive punch resets.

Trust me, I've practiced rolling the dive punches a LOT (since I'm so anti Superman) and I guarantee that it still works if timed really well.