What's new

Supergirl Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
can't believe we waited all this time for Powergirl and this is what they give us. They have ONE job copy her costume...... BOOB WINDOW... that was it.. white outfit, red cape with the gold medallion and a boob window.. how can you fuck that up?

I mean how hard would it be to google power girl and actually just see what it is supposed to look like.

I mean.. dose that actually look anything like the NRS version?I mean have I got it all wrong? Is that just another gear set up.. or is that the actual premium skin?
They still managed a boob window, its just not in the normal design style. It looks like they overall combined her early New52 costume & her current Justice Society design. She actually lost her window entirely in the comics (She now has the "House of El" crest over the window) so im glad NRS kept atleast one of her trademarks.

My only issues are the cape, as you mentioned before, but also her size. Because shes only a skin, shes stuck with Supergirls proportions (except for the obvious). Shes 5'11 180lbs so it looks a little funny when shes so tiny lol But in any case im just glad she made it in at all. I've been waiting for this since the rumors during Injustice 1.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So has anyone found out how to do damage? Unless I'm ultra scrubbing here I'm coming up with under 300 midscreen...

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
So has anyone found out how to do damage? Unless I'm ultra scrubbing here I'm coming up with under 300 midscreen...
How are you starting the combo and is that meterless or with one bar? Cause with 1 bar and 113 string and no jump-in, i get over 300 on batman. Not much but it's a simple combo that's not difficult to do

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
How are you starting the combo and is that meterless or with one bar? Cause with 1 bar and 113 string and no jump-in, i get over 300 on batman. Not much but it's a simple combo that's not difficult to do
What's your max 1 bar midscreen and inputs off of B12?

lslick

What's your max 1 bar midscreen and inputs off of B12?
With Batman I got:
B12, MB Ice Breath, B3, j3, F23, Air Grab = 311.24
Also you have to MB the last part of the ice breath or else you are going to get a lower number

Another option is B12, MB DF2, B3, j3, B1, BF3 = 304.98
You can replace BF3 with DB1 for the same amount of damage

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
With Batman I got:
B12, MB Ice Breath, B3, j3, F23, Air Grab = 311.24
Also you have to MB the last part of the ice breath or else you are going to get a lower number

Another option is B12, MB DF2, B3, j3, B1, BF3 = 304.98
You can replace BF3 with DB1 for the same amount of damage
Damn. Frail arms lol. Seems like that's the max then currently.

lslick

Damn. Frail arms lol. Seems like that's the max then currently.
Also if you are willing to burn your trait you can cancel your normal into it as an ender and get more damage...Like if we used the same one I listed before
B12, MB DF2, B3, J3. B1 Walking Trait(T+MB) = over 361
If you replace the B1 with a 3 after the jump in, you do over 370. But that burns your whole trait until it recharges again

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Also if you are willing to burn your trait you can cancel your normal into it as an ender and get more damage...Like if we used the same one I listed before
B12, MB DF2, B3, J3. B1 Walking Trait(T+MB) = over 361
If you replace the B1 with a 3 after the jump in, you do over 370. But that burns your whole trait until it recharges again
This might be a good alternative between the hard to block oki setups and getting more damage. Good find!

This is why I wish TYM had a similar set up to Reddit. If you want to follow a stream of thought or random conversation you can but to find actual relevant information you could skip it using the guides on the side to stay on topic. As is TYM is a nightmare to try and find real useful information. Wait 3 months in and try to pick up a new character. The forums are so clouded with nonsense, dated info, and arguments over irrelevant stuff that the useful info is scattered throughout like a needle in a haystack.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
This is why I wish TYM had a similar set up to Reddit. If you want to follow a stream of thought or random conversation you can but to find actual relevant information you could skip it using the guides on the side to stay on topic. As is TYM is a nightmare to try and find real useful information. Wait 3 months in and try to pick up a new character. The forums are so clouded with nonsense, dated info, and arguments over irrelevant stuff that the useful info is scattered throughout like a needle in a haystack.
Buff Spawn.

trufenix

bye felicia
heaven forbid we indulge in general discussion in the Supergirl general discussion thread. Let us away to reddit, the beacon of order and reason.

heaven forbid we indulge in general discussion in the Supergirl general discussion thread. Let us away to reddit, the beacon of order and reason.
Not sure why you are so defensive, I was just voicing an idea. It's not an uncommon opinion that information for characters is hard to find here. I was not elevating reddit as a beacon of anything. Only suggesting how adopting one of its features could help this site.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Not sure why you are so defensive, I was just voicing an idea. It's not an uncommon opinion that information for characters is hard to find here. I was not elevating reddit as a beacon of anything. Only suggesting how adopting one of its features could help this site.
We need to adopt some fucking high damage combos. Superbae hits like a babe. Unless you use.....as a combo starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.