What's new

Supergirl is super trash.

Did supergirl deserve all the nerfs she got?

• No, She only needed a nerf to her d1 and trait

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pierce

Noob
Maybe if you all didn’t whine about her so much and actually learned how to fight her she wouldn’t have gotten raped in the balance patch. She’s utter trash now at high levels of play, all you need to do is keep the pressure on her and she can’t move. Too many gaps, her good plus frames are gone, and her d1 is almost the worst in the game now. You also need to use the most unsafe d2 in the entire game to make 112 a frame trap now. And if the opponent reads the d2 and blocks it you get full combo punished. All she has going for her is her lasers, decent damage, and whiff punishing with b1. Another thing that makes her unplayable is if you try to do her corner loop against someone that knows the matchup you get full combo punished if they roll out. Most definitely a low tier character now. The only changes she should of have gotten is trait requiring meterburn, and s3 4 needed to be +2 or less instead of +4. That’s all she needed done to her, but instead she got nearly everything that made her decent taken from her.

End rant.

Last edited:

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
< Scar got top 3 at IPS finals with mostly Supergirl
< Supergirl has corner BnB's that do more damage than the corner loop that aren't punishable by air escape
< Supergirl builds a fuck ton of meter and so you have no reason to not do two bar optis when you get a combo

There's too much stupid. SG is easily top 15. One of the best characters in the game and in some MU's she just completely shits on characters. Good ol' TYM is in full force today I see.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
wait, what you mean she's got more damaging combo's than her corner loop? you lost me on that one, its pretty much what i usually usually do in the corner with supergirl, i havent really seen anything different.

tho i will say this, i don't think her 112 is actually +3, because her d3 or d2 still gets beat out afterwards by d1's, which are 8f and 7f...which doesnt add up.

wait, what you mean she's got more damaging combo's than her corner loop? you lost me on that one, its pretty much what i usually usually do in the corner with supergirl, i havent really seen anything different.

tho i will say this, i don't think her 112 is actually +3, because her d3 or d2 still gets beat out afterwards by d1's, which are 8f and 7f...which doesnt add up.
He is probably talking about launching with db1 MB

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
He is probably talking about launching with db1 MB
i almost never do that, in fact i saw the combo's that scar was doing and you can do it an alternate way without spending the bar but its still pretty damaging and you get to keep your meter.

its easy, after you land your f3 on a grounded enemy just do 3~up laser, you can actually still combo afterwards if you got the timing down, no need to do mb db1.

Pierce

Noob
Y’all know scars using my tech right lmao?
I’ve faced scars rh with sg (absolutely terrible mu) and got a w, which I know doesn’t mean much but you have to be a somewhat competent player to get a win on someone like scar, So dont count my opinion out yet. Look supergirl isn’t that good, and that combo can be rolled out of and full combo punished + it’s not even her optimal. This is her true optimal

Last edited:

Pierce

Noob
< Scar got top 3 at IPS finals with mostly Supergirl
< Supergirl has corner BnB's that do more damage than the corner loop that aren't punishable by air escape
< Supergirl builds a fuck ton of meter and so you have no reason to not do two bar optis when you get a combo

There's too much stupid. SG is easily top 15. One of the best characters in the game and in some MU's she just completely shits on characters. Good ol' TYM is in full force today I see.
Did you watch the IPS finals?

yes, and I believe scar did so well not because of supergirl but because he is one of the best players in the community.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
Nobody cares at this point, no more patches, MK11 is sole focus of this community and NRS.

Also she's fine, not great but good enough. For sure she isn't "super trash". The only thing "super trash" here...is this useless thread.

Pierce

Noob
Nobody cares at this point, no more patches, MK11 is sole focus of this community and NRS.

Also she's fine, not great but good enough. For sure she isn't "super trash". The only thing "super trash" here...is this useless thread.
Thanks for taking the time to give your useless typical fgc dickhead input on things, much appreciated. The main point of my post was to hold a poll on sg to see what people think. And just because mk11 is coming out doesn’t mean we can’t talk about injustice 2.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
Thanks for taking the time to give your useless, typical, fgc dickhead input on things! The main point of my post was to hold a poll on sg to see what people think. And just because mk11 is coming out doesn’t mean we can’t talk about injustice 2. And also if nobody cares then why are you here?
Its not more useless then this thread. Also which is even more funny - poll result, pretty much everybody who care think exactly the same. She was nerfed right and is fine now. You're just whining. So thanks for sharing your input.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Y’all know scars using my tech right lmao?
I’ve faced scars rh with sg (absolutely terrible mu) and got a w, which I know doesn’t mean much but you have to be a somewhat competent player to get a win on someone like scar, So dont count my opinion out yet. Look supergirl isn’t that good, and that combo can be rolled out of and full combo punished + it’s not even her optimal. This is her true optimal
i use supergirl a fair amount so this will be useful

Pierce

Noob
Its not more useless then this thread. Also which is even more funny - poll result, pretty much everybody who care think exactly the same. She was nerfed right and is fine now. You're just whining. So thanks for sharing your input.
I’m sure you have lots of friends, if you think this thread is useless no one is making you view it.

Pierce

Noob

It’s not it’s +2