What's new

The Girl of Steel: Supergirl "Living" Guide (Updated from February Patch)

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
You could add some Background Bounce (BGB) combos in the guide as well.

B12 xx Extended Breath MB, J2, 3 xx BGB, B3, J3, B123

J3, B1 xx BGB, B3, J3, B1, B123 (Best Meterless Midscreen Damage, also can end with B1, B12 xx MB Trait iirc)

J2, 3 xx BGB, B3, J3, B1, B12 xx MB Trait

Etc...
I'm actually on the game working on the videos now. I'll add these to the guide. Thanks bro

JDE

You could add some Background Bounce (BGB) combos in the guide as well.

B12 xx Extended Breath MB, J2, 3 xx BGB, B3, J3, B123

J3, B1 xx BGB, B3, J3, B1, B123 (Best Meterless Midscreen Damage, also can end with B1, B12 xx MB Trait iirc)

J2, 3 xx BGB, B3, J3, B1, B12 xx MB Trait

Etc...
I'm also going to do this combo & then upload it into the video. I put your name beside it.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Love it. Thanks for the shout-out. This will help newcomers and the like. Let's make sure we keep updating as new tech is found.

Reactions: JDE

JDE

great guide man, i didnt even know there was a supergirl discord lol
Yeah there is. If anyone wants to join, I was promoted to mod the other day. Send me your account names with the number codes & I'll add you all

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. Means a lot for my blog entries as well

SM StarGazer

Yeah there is. If anyone wants to join, I was promoted to mod the other day. Send me your account names with the number codes & I'll add you all

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. Means a lot for my blog entries as well
What's a discord

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
What's your best b2 1+3mb combo? Or do you not bother using MB outside of the corner or bgb.

For a background bounce I use it: b2 1+3mb, b1, BGB, b3, ji3, b1, b123.
And corner i use it into the f23 RS loops.

JDE

What's your best b2 1+3mb combo? Or do you not bother using MB outside of the corner or bgb.

I've been using F23 into the knockdown midscreen right now.That or I just go for the knockdown. I'm still exploring what else she can get off of it midscreen post patch. Not on the game to actually see what I find atm. In the corner, she does her dirt with it with the loop.

b21+3 mb > b2 > f23 xxdb1(hold) ji1 > f23 xxdb1(hold) ji1 > 112 or any ender of your choosing (112/212/b21+3)

OR

b21+3 mb > f23 xxdb1(hold) ji2 > f23 xxdb1(hold ji3) into any ender.

You could also do f23 again into an ambiguous cross up combo too if it hits for an ender even if it whiffs. You'd just need a combo that would position yourself to put them right back into the corner like

Any starter xxice breathxx ji whiff d1+3 (builds meter) to opposite side > f3 > back into the setup

Some of those bgb combos she could do post patch, but didn't do much damage. And that's what's up that you've found that combo & began using it. I was actually going to try b21+3 mb > 11xxbgbx B3 > ji3 > b123 to see if it worked & if it does, what kind of damage she got from it.

There was another combo that I wrote down to try, too with 11u3 from d2:
d2 > some kind of ji normal > 11u3 > b123 for a potential meterless combo.

This was something that I had in mind with the dummy set to jumping in.

Those are some ideas that I had in mind. Other than that, the combo that you're doing now is what most of us are doing now. If I come up with any more, I'll let you all know.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

Imo the only 1-bar damage that makes MB b2 1+3 worthwhile is b2 1+3, b1, 21, b12~MB trait. That will get your 29% for the bar you spend, which makes it worth it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Also her best non-trait ender for strictly damage (and corner carry as well) is bf3 (so for example, b12~kryptonian force).

Not necessarily best for setups (outside of the corner), but I just figured it's worth keeping in mind anyway (and useful if you have a MU where you want to keep your opponent as far away as possible, or when you need to get that extra few % to put them away).

Last edited:

JDE

I'm going to rename this to the Girl of Steel: Supergirl "Living Guide" so that people won't have to dig for this thread.

SM StarGazer

My personal favorite: f23 loops in the corner, and your going form the float OH openers.

So float-ji2, 3-db1MB, j3, f23-float-j2, land, f23-float-j2, 113-bf3.

bf3 whiffs and you cross, time a instant airdash or backdash afterward and you've got corner gimmicks.

Tell me what ya'll think.

Sometimes the 3 in 113 whiffs at the end. Still leaves you at ludicrous advantage.

Last edited:

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
@JDE can you still provide a link for the discord? =)

Started to learn and main Superchic, was lucky to find a link to this guide on a gamespot(?) thread hehe

Much appreciated for the great info!

Reactions: JDE

JDE

@JDE can you still provide a link for the discord? =)

Started to learn and main Superchic, was lucky to find a link to this guide on a gamespot(?) thread hehe

Much appreciated for the great info!
I didn't even know it would reach out that far lol. I tagged you in a post with the link. Let me know if you need anything else. Welcome!

Last edited:

JDE

OP has been updated with February patch changes. May still do some editing later.

I put an *mark beside the updated changes.