What's new

Supergirl Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.

"I PUNCH ABOVE MY WEIGHT."

As a child Kara Zor-El witnessed the devastation of Krypton before she was sent to Earth on a mission to protect her infant cousin, Kal-El. Arriving on Earth decades too late, she discovered that grown-up Kal has been imprisoned. Still determined to protect her family, and its legacy, Kara will fight her cousin’s enemies as Supergirl.

Discuss and share all things Supergirl here!

Last edited:

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
I didn't play the original game long, i felt that it was a terrible game but the more time goes on the smoother NRS games become. So ill give it a chance. I'm thinking she's going to either be a rekka character or Jax (dash punch combos ex dash.p for a juggle) game play wise. She is Kryptonian so a brawler by nature lets hope she has at least one legit LOW!

With new gear system and battle armor it really is hard to predict her general playstyle. Besides NRS straight up told us that you can create your own build. It kinda makes sence for her to be in-your-face pressure type of character considering her powerset.

What i`m curios is if we are going to be able to customize our armour. Because if so, then my blondie is gonna be one fine looking lady. Fashion > competitive viability.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I'm not a huge DC guy, and I heard mixed to negative things about her show, and I'm not incredibly sure how much she differs from Superman in terms of power levels/abilities and such. Hopefully NRS differentiates her enough from Superman and I hope she has a more winning personality.

My worst fear is that she'll be relegated to female clone of superman with slight chages (ala Capn Falcon/Ganondorf).

Here's to more female characters in NRS games though. They really should step there game up this release. I'm excited to see what she is all about.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I'm hoping that she is honestly a dash up grappler like Shazam but with less damage and more speed so that she can play the neutral to outside zoning game better. Zod was full zoner, Superman was powerful all rounder, so I'd like a grappling Kryptonian if I could get one.

I would be particularly happy if her MB eyelasers would either blow up and knock folks towards her or act as a lift move to put people high enough in the air to convert into a juggle or fly up command grab followup. It'd feel really stylish and suited to her.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I like the idea of a grappler, but I honestly wouldn't mind zoning with her, or wven air combos. :)

thlityoursloat

kick kick
According to the gameplay trailer, she appears to have a teleport, if that's the case then my money's on the fact that she won't play like Inj 1 Superman and will probably be the rushdown version of Superman.

shaowebb

Isn't that Zod's move?

Also she's got Scorpions teleport.
Considering she has a beam that is used to get close instead of keep people out I am really looking forward to this character. Well...for the most part its used to corner push but it lets her close the gap. Beam and walking forward, teleport...I smell pressure character. Really hoping that beam walk lifts well in the corner because if so its a combo extending juggle tool.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Based on what I've seen she could be a potential vortex character or an anti-zoner of sorts. There's many directions Supergirl could go in terms of gameplay but she looks fun as hell to play as

shaowebb

Based on what I've seen she could be a potential vortex character or an anti-zoner of sorts. There's many directions Supergirl could go in terms of gameplay but she looks fun as hell to play as
Imagine the feel of getting cornered and using her laser vision to walk her ass out of the corner and back your opponent to mid screen. Soooooooo good. I hope it has armor on wakeup just for the salt lol. Shit would be ridiculous.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Imagine the feel of getting cornered and using her laser vision to walk her ass out of the corner and back your opponent to mid screen. Soooooooo good. I hope it has armor on wakeup just for the salt lol. Shit would be ridiculous.
If it had armor ppl would complain so much and she'd get nerf harder than Scorpion. The real question is whether Injustice will be back to block or have a block button with the teleport Supergirl is having and if y'all remember Scorpion's tp was so problematic for ppl that he got nerf so badly.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
InstaMain as well. That forward moving beam though....ahhh shit is dope. I believe that fist flurry was her grab.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
If it had armor ppl would complain so much and she'd get nerf harder than Scorpion. The real question is whether Injustice will be back to block or have a block button with the teleport Supergirl is having and if y'all remember Scorpion's tp was so problematic for ppl that he got nerf so badly.
I don't think there is any chance it will switch to using a button for block. The first one didn't, and a for whatever reason that has always been something unique to MK. I don't understand that because I think having an explicit way to activate block has a lot of benefits over the overlapping of inputs holding back/back down. Given that it's not common standard I think NRS will opt to keep the block button as something that separates MK from IJ.

I do hope we see some changes in the input system though. It was very stiff feeling compared to MKX (and even MK9) feeling a lot like a KoF game in terms of the lack of input forgiveness (Max was just complaining about it on stream while trying to play IJ again). After that the 2.5 attack button situation was very odd and un-intuitive. I think IJ was probably one of the harder fighting games ever to jump in and figure out by hitting buttons. I played with a small group of people where a lot of them had never touched the game before. It was pretty tough to try and explain what X and O were supposed to do to a bunch of people that had never played it. If we had been playing MK it would have been like, "these two are punches, these two are kicks, and this blocks." End of tutorial. Go forth and mash.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
That first move looks like an multi hitting special and the second a throw animation. Lets hope the first doesn't scale bad in combos after the annual 2nd month NRS patch to take out the month one dumb sh*t. The new heat vision thing and teleport punch look dope tho. Still not sold tho. Ill have to wait till e3 before i decide to want to follow this game all the way until the April release. I really hated the first game but im really trying to give this one a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.