What's new

Supergirl Gameplan?

SeasonedGeisha

Make Harley Consistent 2k18
Recently I have begun playing supergirl, in fact she's taken over Harley as my main. My main question is, what is the gameplan? I know B12 is punishable -11 if I'm correct and B123 is -9. I know not to use this to open people up, but how do you even open them up?

I have noticed she has great hard knockdowns on almost all of her Enders, should I do float gimmicks into dash after this, or just air dash J1?

Finally, any tips on how to IA dash? Since I have a feeling her upclose mix-up game is reliant on these( I could be wrong)

-Sorry that this thread is very sloppily put together I typed this extremely quick.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Recently I have begun playing supergirl, in fact she's taken over Harley as my main. My main question is, what is the gameplan? I know B12 is punishable -11 if I'm correct and B123 is -9. I know not to use this to open people up, but how do you even open them up?

I have noticed she has great hard knockdowns on almost all of her Enders, should I do float gimmicks into dash after this, or just air dash J1?

Finally, any tips on how to IA dash? Since I have a feeling her upclose mix-up game is reliant on these( I could be wrong)

-Sorry that this thread is very sloppily put together I typed this extremely quick.
Reminder if you just wanna chuck out b12 you can cancel it into the shoulder charge, which most of the cast can't punish(although watch out for people like superman who can). And if you committed to spending the bar ex breath is safe.

f23 grab is plus enough on thing to get the jumpin but some characters can call it out. The b2 throw knockdown is so plus that a crossup j1 hits on like the last frame possible(although delayed wakeup beats it).

IA dash uhhh, buy a hitbox is the answer I guess. Its not as reliable on pad or stick anymore because it demands a proper ff/bb input you cant just cheat it with upforward-forward. On pad you can kinda roll it so you hit upforward, edge your thumb down leetting go counts as forward, and then forward again and it IAD's, but its not very reliable.

Blackburry

Buffs needs buffs
Supergirl has amazing neutral game. Her B1 is 9 frames, so whiff punishing with it is pretty easy and a lot of ranges players may think is safe to whiff or jump from may not be for that move alone. Also her D1 has great range and recovery. I find myself cancelling it to breath to push opponent back, confirm, or just use it as a bait since it recovers fast and she stays in place for a clean whiff punish.

Just zone with lasers whether they be angled, straight or whatever, and whiff punish and pressure them to the corner. Once in the corner it is really tough to get out against her. Her F3 is super ambiguous, crossing up, staying in the front and it plus either way. Also just because her frost breath is unsafe on paper doesn't mean it will get punished. There are ranges where characters can't punish, and even if you do it closer, the opponent is risking mixup because if they block too long to wait out the full charge you can sneak a quick D1 to more breath on their block, and of course if you meter burn it you are safe. In fact depending on your range you'll recover fast enough from it before they recover from blocking to continue pressure.

Hope this helps. :)

Also just because her frost breath is unsafe on paper doesn't mean it will get punished. There are ranges where characters can't punish, and even if you do it closer, the opponent is risking mixup because if they block too long to wait out the full charge you can sneak a quick D1 to more breath on their block, and of course if you meter burn it you are safe. In fact depending on your range you'll recover fast enough from it before they recover from blocking to continue pressure.
I haven't fully tested it myself but I've heard other people say if you're blocking frost breath you can spam d2 and it will come out and hit as soon as frost breath ends. I'm not sure how meter burning interacts with this but I played a guy who I think was doing this and I'm pretty sure the meter burn would tag his d2. I'm sure some d2's wouldn't reach supergirl as well but it's just something to consider when using the frost breath.

Blackburry

Buffs needs buffs
I haven't fully tested it myself but I've heard other people say if you're blocking frost breath you can spam d2 and it will come out and hit as soon as frost breath ends. I'm not sure how meter burning interacts with this but I played a guy who I think was doing this and I'm pretty sure the meter burn would tag his d2. I'm sure some d2's wouldn't reach supergirl as well but it's just something to consider when using the frost breath.
Yeah meter burn is going to make breath almost always completely safe if not plus at certain ranges. The d2 punish will also be situational, because distance will make breath very hard to punish.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Reminder if you just wanna chuck out b12 you can cancel it into the shoulder charge, which most of the cast can't punish(although watch out for people like superman who can). And if you committed to spending the bar ex breath is safe.

f23 grab is plus enough on thing to get the jumpin but some characters can call it out. The b2 throw knockdown is so plus that a crossup j1 hits on like the last frame possible(although delayed wakeup beats it).
Just zone with lasers whether they be angled, straight or whatever, and whiff punish and pressure them to the corner. Once in the corner it is really tough to get out against her. Her F3 is super ambiguous, crossing up, staying in the front and it plus either way. Also just because her frost breath is unsafe on paper doesn't mean it will get punished. There are ranges where characters can't punish, and even if you do it closer, the opponent is risking mixup because if they block too long to wait out the full charge you can sneak a quick D1 to more breath on their block, and of course if you meter burn it you are safe. In fact depending on your range you'll recover fast enough from it before they recover from blocking to continue pressure.

Hope this helps. :)
You can interrupt both breath and shoulder charge and punish before they come out.

You can wake up out of a b2 1+3 knockdown; you need to use f2 if you want maximum advantage.

F3 is generally slow enough to be able to beat it on reaction.

Last edited:

Blackburry

Buffs needs buffs
You can interrupt both breath and shoulder charge and punish before they come out.

You can wake up out of a b2 1+3 knockdown; you need to use f2 if you want maximum advantage.

F3 is generally slow enough to be able to beat it on reaction.

You are right about the the strings, but F3 in setups is not gonna get beat out.

Laser, Laser, Laser, Laser, Laser.....teleport get punished, back dash, back dash, back dash.
Laser, Laser, Laser, Laser, Laser, Laser......teleport get punished back dash, back dash, back dash
Salt