What's new

Superbowl LII Thread?

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FOOTBALL! Who's watching the game right now? Honestly don't know who I'm rooting for: while it'd be nice for New England to not win again, I can live with those people over the Eagles fans who are never going to shut up about this until the end of time

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
We been disappointed when we found out JT is performing lol

HASHTAG/#TeamJanet
Yeah, I think it says something that he wasn't banned from performing despite being the individual responsible for that incident.
Can’t stand either team but won $500 thanks to that missed extra point. Thanks, scrubs!
For real dude, what's with all the missed kicks?

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
As a football fan I am glad to see someone ELSE win, as it is hard to take a league with a salary cap seriously when one team dominates so.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Hell of a game and congrats to Philly. Will be interesting to see what they do regarding the QB situation going forward.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Carson is the starter, that's it. Nick knows that and is happy in his back up role.
In a few months, if Carson is in schedule for his recovery, I think the eagles will trade foles for a draft pick.

The eagles don’t have a 2nd or 3rd (maybe 4th not 3rd I forget) this year due to wentz annnnd i can’t remember who else. Foles could net them a 2nd or 3rd rounder or a starter elsewhere.

If foles had more than one year left on his contract, I think the eagles would keep him. But, if they don’t trade him, he walks for free next year, or they have to pay him big money to be a backup, and I just don’t see it.

Who knows though. Maybe foles will take a below market salary to stay in philly with Pederson. They’re very close. I personally hope they rework his contract.

Levaranoia

War God
In a few months, if Carson is in schedule for his recovery, I think the eagles will trade foles for a draft pick.

The eagles don’t have a 2nd or 3rd (maybe 4th not 3rd I forget) this year due to wentz annnnd i can’t remember who else. Foles could net them a 2nd or 3rd rounder or a starter elsewhere.

If foles had more than one year left on his contract, I think the eagles would keep him. But, if they don’t trade him, he walks for free next year, or they have to pay him big money to be a backup, and I just don’t see it.

Who knows though. Maybe foles will take a below market salary to stay in philly with Pederson. They’re very close. I personally hope they rework his contract.
I'd like to know where his head is at first. I don't think he really wants to be a starter and at this point he already won a superbowl. If he wants start then for sure find somewhere he wants to go and then get a deal done for him.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
If Roseman can get Foles to restructure/resign for a reasonable deal as a backup which he apparently isn't opposed to then they have to keep him. I know he has great value right now but the dude just won a Superbowl and couldn't have played much better in the past two games, he's too good not to try to keep.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I'd like to know where his head is at first. I don't think he really wants to be a starter and at this point he already won a superbowl. If he wants start then for sure find somewhere he wants to go and then get a deal done for him.
Yeah I hear what you’re saying, but ultimately it’s not really up to him whether he gets traded or not.

He very well could say, “I’m satisfied, I’m going to just stay put as a backup”, but he also is 29 only, just played the best football of his career in the biggest stage in the world against the best QB of all time, and stands to make millions of dollars as a result of his play.

To get to that level, you’ve got to be an incredibly proud, competitive individual. After tasting that level of success, I don’t know if he will simply say, ok that’s that, now onto something else.

It’s a good problem for the birds to have no matter what happens, and Nick Foles has just guaranteed that he and anyone bearing his surname will be Philadelphia royalty forever. I wish Nick the best, and I am forever grateful for what he was able to do as a backup in a situation where no one outside their locker room took him seriously until it was too late.

E-A-G-L-E-S...EAGLES!!!!

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Carson is the starter, that's it. Nick knows that and is happy in his back up role.
That would be cool if that is the case. Ideally it would be great for Philly to keep him as ligament injuries are devastating and there is no telling how Wentz will be when he comes back. So having Foles to rely on for the mean time until Wentz is healthy is a good situation.

However, with so many teams after quality QBs, someone might offer a king's ransom for Foles where the Eagles just can't refuse it. In addition the current market is dictating a lot of money for QBs so if Foles is looking to get paid then things will get tricky

Either way I'm super happy for Foles achieving this and for Philly in general. Now the long wait begins for next season where I rely on Madden 18 to get me through it.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
How would you guys feel about the Giants poaching Foles? I don't know how their current backup is (not Geno Smith) and they probably have a good year or two left out of Eli

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
How would you guys feel about the Giants poaching Foles? I don't know how their current backup is (not Geno Smith) and they probably have a good year or two left out of Eli
If they wanted to add a qb they would use their 2 pick in the draft to do it. If foles was traded it'll probably be to Arizona

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

portent

Noob
Recent reports have the Jets and Cardinals as possibilites. I doubt he's going anywhere until they know the deal with Wentz.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
There's no chance he stays in Philly. They need to move players since they're over the cap right now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk