What's new

Summit Voting Part 2: The 2nd spot goes to Tweedy

Comments

I have always been one of the biggest sonicfox fans because i always held him on a pedestal above petty shit like this, and i am now so fucking furious at how naive i was
lol, I love how insulated NRS players are. You guys didn't pay any attention to the DBFZ summit at all? It's the same exact system, being gamed in the same exact way.

Surprise surprise, fighting game players will try to find any way possible to game a system in this favor. In this case, "Spirit Bombing" is by far the smartest way to try and get your boys in.

Reactions: JTC
lol, I love how insulated NRS players are. You guys didn't pay any attention to the DBFZ summit at all? It's the same exact system, being gamed in the same exact way.

Surprise surprise, fighting game players will try to find any way possible to game a system in this favor. In this case, "Spirit Bombing" is by far the smartest way to try and get your boys in.
The issue is not at all “spirit bombing”. You’re generalizing the NRS players but you don’t even know the situation you’re commenting on.

Pretty sure it was Llumiya who who brought up those comments Chris G made and not Tweedy. Tweedy, from what I gather, more or less called him a bum and said he didn't deserve a spot over guys like Rewind, Semiij and himself. His opinion, nothing foul there.

But nah let's pour one out for the homie Chris G who was only trying to bury the NRS community in an attempt to divert attention away from the deragotry remarks he made about black women in the FGC a lifetime (3 yrs) ago.
I was nowhere near defending Chris G or implying he is a respectable person, I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of Tweedy's double standards.

The issue is not at all “spirit bombing”. You’re generalizing the NRS players but you don’t even know the situation you’re commenting on.
So what is the issue? That people were trying to get people in that they like instead of someone who they don't? That Tweedy has a shitty public image because he acts like a tool, and it's somehow unjustified?

Yes, Sonicfox is trying to get his friends into summit.
Exactly like he got Yohosie and Sage into summit last time.

I'm not a victim. Difference between me and Chris tho, is I've put in work lately for NRS opportunities. He won't even play me in MKX or Inj 2 because he knows it'll just be an easy 3-0 like when we played at Naptown Clutch. I had top 3 results last year in the scene. Gatekeeping me is a bit worse imo.

Also yeah, it was Llumiya and Infiniti lol. She even asked me to retweet and I said nah because it has nothing to do with me.

I'm not a victim. Difference between me and Chris tho, is I've put in work lately for NRS opportunities. He won't even play me in MKX or Inj 2 because he knows it'll just be an easy 3-0 like when we played at Naptown Clutch. I had top 3 results last year in the scene. Gatekeeping me is a bit worse imo.

Also yeah, it was Llumiya and Infiniti lol. She even asked me to retweet and I said nah because it has nothing to do with me.
Hey congrats man. Who are you playing as do you know?

So I did talk shit on Tweedy yesterday and based on what has come out there is clearly at least some level of truth to what he was saying, so I gotta hold that.

The thing that is fucked about this situation is that I can see how it went down the way it did. I can see how someone could easily justify based on the drama that has already happened that it would be best for the game if Tweedy didn't go. It is easy to convince yourself from there that you do have the moral high ground, that you are grinding something for the good of the scene. The mistake is obviously the assumption that you have any idea of what is best and that you should get to decide it.

I think everyone looks bad here and it sucks. I won't stop supporting KP or sonic or whoever else, but I won't lie and say I am not feeling really down about it.

At the very least though, you can't deny that with Tweedy there we are going to get some absolute top tier gameplay and that is something to be excited about!

So what is the issue? That people were trying to get people in that they like instead of someone who they don't? That Tweedy has a shitty public image because he acts like a tool, and it's somehow unjustified?

Yes, Sonicfox is trying to get his friends into summit.
Exactly like he got Yohosie and Sage into summit last time.
Nope, again, that’s not the issue.

Them coordinating to keep Tweedy out was definitely a big reason Tweedy was upset, considering Tweedy had zero sponsor or deep pocket bombers. But even that’s not real the issue.

KP literally made a video (that is still up btw) saying Tweedy was crazy for saying SF was just bombing people into the Summit. KP said that he was grinding just as hard and putting in the work when he knew that SF was going to bomb him in as well. They pretended like all their votes were just from hard work like Tweedy’s were. He said he doesn’t complain and has supporters and all that when he knew for a fact that he was going to get bombed in by SF. If they all just admitted that SF was blessing them with the spirit bomb instead of acting like it was just their grind and supporters then this wouldn’t be a shady act. And they would have kept up the act if the screenshots weren’t leaked.

I don’t understand how anyone can say that isn’t messed up.

I am pretty sure he took the blame for burying Chris G, wither it was him who dug up the posts or merely retweeted what this Llumiya guy found is irrelevant.
He didn’t RT it. It might be a good idea to do some research before you continue to throw around accusations, it’s not a good look. I understand you either don’t like Tweedy or just believe what others tell you, but c’mon man y’all gotta do better.

He didn’t RT it. It might be a good idea to do some research before you continue to throw around accusations, it’s not a good look. I understand you either don’t like Tweedy or just believe what others tell you, but c’mon man y’all gotta do better.
This is the 1st fucking time i ever hear tweedy saying he got nothing to do with it, I read his document on twitter and i believed him when he said he didn't know wonderchef's father health condition before he said what he said. But this is the 1st time i hear him deny blame from Chris G situation. It's hard to research anything when tweets around the subject are getting deleted left and right.

Hey congrats man. Who are you playing as do you know?
No clue. I was struggling at first on the beta but the last 2 days I was beating everyone besides Dragon, who I went event with. All Baraka. Definitely don't want to be predictable tho, and the beta characters will be the most predictable in a 2 week tournament. I'll probably keep Baraka around and find an extra potato for summit. After summit tho i'm diving into the whole cast.

I like how people say that summit is not about competition. If it's not why it's a tournament with juicy pot bonus? If people want the best players to get in to see the best possible competition, they will get it.

Congrats, Tweedy

But nah let's pour one out for the homie Chris G who was only trying to bury the NRS community in an attempt to divert attention away from the deragotry remarks he made about black women in the FGC a lifetime (3 yrs) ago.
What he say about black women in the FGC?

I mean, it's not just the votes (it was the default invitees too he and others didn't fully agree with). But yes, in terms of wanting a GOOD weekend of competition, it SHOULDN'T be a popularity competition. Popularity =/= good (am I really preaching this to adults in 2019?). I'd be enraged, too, if Sherry Jenix made it over someone even like Burrito Voorhees. Everyone should be.
What you think Summit voting should be and what it is are clearly two different things. Money = votes, and that's it. It doesn't matter whether that money comes from a country, a sponsor, a friend, or yourself. It's not even a popularity contest, it's just a "who has more money to spend" contest.
They were literally trying to keep Tweedy out. It’s not just “oh they were just orchestrating votes to get in”, they were making sure Tweedy didn’t get in. That’s why he was so pissed and people didn’t believe him. Then the screenshots came out and the same people who said he was wearing tinfoil hat are saying “eh, no big deal”.

Imagine how any one of you would feel if your peers were actively trying to prevent an opportunity you had just because they didn’t like you. Regardless whether he “brought it onto himself”, y’all would be pissed too ESPECIALLY if no one believed you at first.
Oh yeah, they were also literally trying to keep Gross out! And preventing opportunities for RZA, and Rewind, and Rye (who despite supposedly being a Chosen One also got eliminated?). Downright appalling for sure

Just to clarify since it seems like some people are confused about what got people mad:

This isn’t about plotting to get your friends in, or anything like that. All that is fine. It’s about being intentionally dishonest to people you’re campaigning to for votes, and willfully misrepresenting the situation in a public fashion, knowing the whole time that you cut a backdoor deal in a ‘secret chat’ to get you in. And then when you’re called out on it, attempting to make the person who’s actually telling the truth look crazy.

@General M2Dave You’ve only dropped Sonic’s name, presumably because he’s the one you have a vendetta against — but this whole thing is bigger than Sonic, and if you’re going to name names here or on a podcast, you should name all of them.

This makes literally no sense, but at least it'll make for an interesting watch.

So he's not about playing the tough guy on the internet, but he has done nothing but talk shit so far. He's just a pussy and he knows that Tyrant can punch him into a coma if he goes a little too far.

Don't get me wrong, threatening is indeed childish, but he lost the right to call people so a long time ago.

It’s about being intentionally dishonest to people you’re campaigning to for votes, and willfully misrepresenting the situation in a public fashion, knowing the whole time that you cut a backdoor deal in a ‘secret chat’ to get you in.
This seems weak on its face. Tweedy was making a show of giving up, apologising to people for the money they spent on him and stuff, while "secretly conspiring" to raise money from his friends and bomb himself in at the last second. Was that intentional dishonesty and wilful misrepresentation worthy of another episode of drama?

This seems weak on its face. Tweedy was making a show of giving up, apologising to people for the money they spent on him and stuff, while "secretly conspiring" to raise money from his friends and bomb himself in at the last second. Was that intentional dishonesty and wilful misrepresentation worthy of another episode of drama?
He wasn’t begging for people’s votes, and he mostly spent his own money rather than getting some other top player in the tournament to drop a few hundred for him to get him in. That’s a pretty big false equivalency.

He wasn’t begging for people’s votes
Are you trying to tell me Tweedy didn't ask for votes? His twitter is public, man
and he mostly spent his own money rather than getting some other top player in the tournament to drop a few hundred for him to get him in.
I thought you said it didn't matter where the money came from, "all that is fine". Now it's not again?

I am just glad @Tweedy made it in. Voted for him because I want to see the top competition representing the game on the big stage. I mean, let’s be real, does anyone consider Waz, tyrant or Kp a worthy competition for the likes of Sonic, Rewind or Tweedy?!
I am not saying they can’t out of sudden become gods of Mk11 in the future, but at this moment I doubt it.

Are you trying to tell me Tweedy didn't ask for votes? His twitter is public, man

I thought you said it didn't matter where the money came from, "all that is fine". Now it's not again?
Asking for votes is fine. Specifically begging for votes on a soapbox about how you’re supposedly not conspiring to keep someone out, and it’s all honest, when you’re actually conspiring to do exactly that is disingenuous.